79 posts
EAST YORK

got nexus 4, but my fido sim card is too big for the tray

what can i do?
14 replies
Aug 21, 2011
736 posts
147 upvotes
You have to get the mini-sim card cut to a micro sim. You can either use a cutter from an online store, find a store that will due it for a small fee or carefully cut it yourself, there are templates online.

All it is literally doing when cutting to a micro sim is cutting away most of the access plastic, the whole card isn't a circuit, only a small part of it is.
Feb 2, 2008
405 posts
136 upvotes
Montreal, QC
You might be able to just get a new sim from Fido. Last time I upgraded my phone they realized that my sim card was old and gave me a new one. No charge. Just ask nicely. :)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
7474 posts
383 upvotes
Scarborough
$7 (cut & a adapter) @ Pacific Mall. No need to buy the cutter since you'll probably won't use it again.
rfdjai wrote:
Feb 12th, 2013 8:59 am
what can i do?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
2751 posts
233 upvotes
Menace wrote:
Feb 12th, 2013 9:38 am
$7 (cut & a adapter) @ Pacific Mall. No need to buy the cutter since you'll probably won't use it again.
Do you even RFD? Save your $7 by cutting it yourself. If you wan't an adapter, they're like 2 for $1 on ebay. Or just buy a new Fido micro-SIM for $3-4 on ebay. You're welcome.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2006
4640 posts
458 upvotes
Menace wrote:
Feb 12th, 2013 9:38 am
I have used mine 4 times since I bought it. $5 on ebay, worth while IMO.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
2751 posts
233 upvotes
Silverman wrote:
Feb 12th, 2013 9:20 am
You might be able to just get a new sim from Fido. Last time I upgraded my phone they realized that my sim card was old and gave me a new one. No charge. Just ask nicely. :)
Or this. But I'm assuming OP didn't upgrade through Fido, probably directly from the Google Play store instead. In this case, they're probably gonna charge you for the SIM at a retail location. At a dealer location, YMMV, some may give it for free if you know them well enough.
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
79 posts
EAST YORK
thanks guys, i wonder if thats possible to have two sim cards for one phone # so that i can switch phones ?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
977 upvotes
N/A
rfdjai wrote:
Feb 12th, 2013 10:08 am
thanks guys, i wonder if thats possible to have two sim cards for one phone # so that i can switch phones ?
no
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Jun 15, 2011
37681 posts
5427 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The only way you can switch phones is by taking out the sim card from one to the other and vice versa. You cannot have two sim cards with the same #.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Oct 27, 2010
35 posts
Richmond
rfdjai wrote:
Feb 12th, 2013 10:08 am
Once you activate the new sim card, customer service will deactivate your old one.
That's what they did when I got a new LTE capable microsim card from the Apple store activated. My old microsim was still in my iPhone and it stopped working.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2010
2335 posts
364 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Furthermore, as soon as you activate a new SIM, the old one is "Burned" which means it can never be used again. You're not able to buy a regular and a micro SIM, and just call to switch between the two if you have different phones.
If this post was helpful to you, click the "thanks" button.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2001
3408 posts
72 upvotes
Does the nexus 4 use the exact same sim as the iphone 4?
Heat 51-0-0

External links in signatures are not allowed except for Heatware and Ebay ratings.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2003
9997 posts
338 upvotes
Vancouver
Mike71 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2013 4:23 pm
Does the nexus 4 use the exact same sim as the iphone 4?
Yes, same micro SIM as iPhone 4/4S.
× < >