Automotive

Locked: Got pulled over at RIDE checkpoint. Any advice?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2013 4:46 pm
Banned
Apr 27, 2010
6280 posts
448 upvotes
Help me
Nook wrote: That is not true. He was not under arrest. Nor was there any reason to place him under arrest.

@OP: file a complaint. She was making unreasonable, demeaning demands. Point out that you were simply asking her to reiterate her statements and that you did nothing unlawful (as recording is perfectly legal) in the process. Whether something becomes of the complaint or not, it'll make life a little difficult for her and help keep her humble.
He has already made himself a target for police with his dashcam videos. Toronto Police Service will nail him to the cross the next chance they get. And this video/recording may have been it.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
Mr.Sea wrote: He has already made himself a target for police with his dashcam videos. Toronto Police Service will nail him to the cross the next chance they get. And this video/recording may have been it.
He was in York Region actually, not Toronto. The YRP would be your party of interest.

Nevertheless, how do you know they'll nail him the next chance they get? He is always recording and keeping evidence so if something shady happens, they'll have to answer to the court for criminal charges and possibly in a civil lawsuit.

This isn't America (or Montreal!).
Buy Bell, and you go to HELL! :-0
Feb 9, 2011
883 posts
131 upvotes
Montr
i just hope she flagged your car OP, my taxes got wasted by you, instead of catching some real drunk driver
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31836 posts
1354 upvotes
Mr.Sea wrote: He has already made himself a target for police with his dashcam videos. Toronto Police Service will nail him to the cross the next chance they get. And this video/recording may have been it.
And, hopefully, the Toronto Police Service will nail him as quickly and as often and as tenaciously as possible.
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Banned
Sep 29, 2012
1269 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
I guess you don't have anything better to do at 3am then take pride in being pulled over by Cops, who are trying to protect the safety of the public? Just do what the god damn cop says, why are you trying to act like a smart-a**.
I'm guessing you have a very limited social life, hence the need to make a video and audio track so you could post this on RFD and share with us because you have nobody else to tell I guess.
This is disgusting.
Ultimate karma would be you getting hit by a drunk driver one day and the driver walking away without a scratch or a sentence.
Scary eh?
So don't be a clown and take this serious.
Save. Save. Save.
Spend. Spend. Spend.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
6412 posts
2625 upvotes
Mort Réal, QC
Nook wrote:
Montreal is known as the shithole of police brutality and corruption in Canada. Citizens of the city like you being fine with it is perhaps the reason why.
Please please don't take anything ottofly says as representative of the mass. His posts never make any sense or have any valid argumentation.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31836 posts
1354 upvotes
PartnerSolutions wrote: I guess you don't have anything better to do at 3am then take pride in being pulled over by Cops, who are trying to protect the safety of the public? Just do what the god damn cop says, why are you trying to act like a smart-a**.
I'm guessing you have a very limited social life, hence the need to make a video and audio track so you could post this on RFD and share with us because you have nobody else to tell I guess.
This is disgusting.
Ultimate karma would be you getting hit by a drunk driver one day and the driver walking away without a scratch or a sentence.
Scary eh?
+1

Couldn't agree more.

You constantly hear about these knuckleheads on the road who purposely jerk the chains of the cops and then whine and complain like little children when the cops ' tune them up ' for acting like A-holes. I know a few cops, and the cops have a word for the type of driver / behaviour exhibited the the OP in post #1.

Guess I've been stopped by RIDE at least 20 times during my driving tenure - have NEVER had an issue with the cops - not even once and not even close.
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Banned
Nov 10, 2012
777 posts
79 upvotes
Hamilton
You didn't want to lie, yet you blew 0.00 ... I think you just wanted to give the officer a hard time and troll her. I can see how some people are disgusted with you.
If I've helped you solve an issue, don't forget to click the Thanks button to the left :)
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
WHO wrote: Please please don't take anything ottofly says as representative of the mass. His posts never make any sense or have any valid argumentation.
I've actually lived in Montreal in the past for two years and I don't believe he represents the majority with his words either. But again, he and others like him who are OK with the Rodney King treatment make trying to create real accountability (like the SIU model - which itself does not do much but at least they pretend to do so) a difficult task.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
poedua wrote: +1

Couldn't agree more.

You constantly hear about these knuckleheads on the road who purposely jerk the chains of the cops and then whine and complain like little children when the cops ' tune them up ' for acting like A-holes. I know a few cops, and the cops have a word for the type of driver / behaviour exhibited the the OP in post #1.

Guess I've been stopped by RIDE at least 20 times during my driving tenure - have NEVER had an issue with the cops - not even once and not even close.
Where are we, Egypt?

Just because people give the police a hard time, it does not give the officer the authority to discipline them into what he/she believes is how cops deserve to be treated.

Using your rationale, if you're a jerk to me on the subway, you'd suggest I drop you on your arse and there should be no legal ramifications because you were "acting like [an] A-hole."
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
K, watched and listened to the vid. OP is being a [...] and [...] . Stop [...] arguing and just do [...] and the cop will let you go. The thing is... OP's rants with the po-po made the entire situation last 3 times longer than if he just cooperated in the first place. If the OP continued the po-po could arrest his [...] and charge him with obstruction of justice. [...] .
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15213 posts
1671 upvotes
Markham
props to the OP for sticking up to the pigs who are constantly on their ego high... there needs to be someone to put them in their place

he did nothing wrong afaik... mutual respect doesn't work on cops... the moment they see you and your car, you are already profiled (negatively in the OP's case as a younger driver with a nicer car)

only fools think these RIDE stops actually put a dent in drunk driving statistics
ShadowVlican
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2011
2565 posts
2828 upvotes
Montréal
zzz3 wrote: Montreal sounds like a corrupt place.
No we just don't like self-entitled *****s

And I really do not like the Police, but self-centered kids like this is what happens when people don't get beat up anymore in high school.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31836 posts
1354 upvotes
Nook wrote: Where are we, Egypt?

Just because people give the police a hard time, it does not give the officer the authority to discipline them into what he/she believes is how cops deserve to be treated.
It's a freakin' RIDE check for cryin' out loud.

And when a driver like the OP tells a cop he WAS drinking " about 5 mins ago " - guess what ? You get a cop's attention.

If you've told the cop you've been drinking - as the OP did - then there is no rational, mature reason to " give the police a hard time ". Unless you're a class-A jerk of course. or, to use a phrase provided by another member .." a jackazz and moron "

Just listen to what the cop tells you, do as your told, and if you haven't contravened any drinking and driving laws, you'll be on your way without incident.
Nook wrote: Using your rationale, if you're a jerk to me on the subway, you'd suggest I drop you on your arse and there should be no legal ramifications because you were "acting like [an] A-hole."
Sorry, but that's nothing but an achingly obvious and profound example of fallacious reasoning.
jfprieur wrote: No we just don't like self-entitled *****s

And I really do not like the Police, but self-centered kids like this is what happens when people don't get beat up anymore in high school.
+1

Really.

I mean, who gets into a car to drive a mere 5 MINUTES after you've had a drink ?
ShadowVlican wrote: props to the OP for sticking up to the pigs who are constantly on their ego high... there needs to be someone to put them in their place

he did nothing wrong afaik... mutual respect doesn't work on cops... the moment they see you and your car, you are already profiled (negatively in the OP's case as a younger driver with a nicer car)

only fools think these RIDE stops actually put a dent in drunk driving statistics
Only fools get into a car to drive 5 minutes after having a drink
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5853 posts
1695 upvotes
i can't wait till they taser you.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5853 posts
1695 upvotes
i should also add - this is another reason people shouldn't live in the suburbs -- you do this stupid stuff all the time because there's nothing else to do.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31836 posts
1354 upvotes
ssainani wrote: i can't wait till they taser you.
+1

And even better....it'll all be caught on his dash-cam ! ;) ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
430 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
Brian99 wrote: Don't feed this guys obvious need for attention. Waste of an officers time trying to prevent drunk drivers on the street.
WHO wrote: Meh, you get what you deserve for being a smart ***** ...

But, as far as I know, you weren't accused of anything at that point so I don't know why the police always seem to feel to entitled/empowered to order you to do anything they want. I think it's fine/reasonable for you to refuse to sit in dirt. She didn't want you to runaway or find yourself in the way of traffic etc, she could have asked you to not sit in the driver's seat and that would've been fine. She has no reason other than powertripping for insisting that you sit in dirt or in the police cruiser.

But you could have avoided all this by not kidding around and telling the first officer you consumed no alcoholic beverages. It's your time though, so you value you they way you like. Just don't think you'll get much sympathy over here. We've all seen your lack of maturity from your dashcam posts etc...
maplesuga wrote: Stop being such an ***** and hope that you never get hit by somebody who has been drinking and got through a RIDE checkpoint because some idiot was being a jerk to the RIDE officers, distracting them and wasting their time?
poedua wrote: +1

That's it in a nutshell.
tutchio wrote: i just hope she flagged your car OP, my taxes got wasted by you, instead of catching some real drunk driver
poedua wrote: And, hopefully, the Toronto Police Service will nail him as quickly and as often and as tenaciously as possible.
PartnerSolutions wrote: I guess you don't have anything better to do at 3am then take pride in being pulled over by Cops, who are trying to protect the safety of the public? Just do what the god damn cop says, why are you trying to act like a smart-a**.
This is disgusting.
Scary eh?
Jim321 wrote: You didn't want to lie, yet you blew 0.00 ... I think you just wanted to give the officer a hard time and troll her. I can see how some people are disgusted with you.
wabbits wrote: OP probably thinks he is a hardcore rebel...
stop being a attention whoore
ssainani wrote: i can't wait till they taser you.
vaportech - what a loser. I'd be ashamed to be his friend or family. Pathetic waste of filth. :facepalm:
May 17, 2009
246 posts
18 upvotes
ShadowVlican wrote: he did nothing wrong afaik... mutual respect doesn't work on cops... the moment they see you and your car, you are already profiled (negatively in the OP's case as a younger driver with a nicer car)
Typical internet tough guy b/s. Cops are people too, bro. Vaportech trolls a cop by being a smartass (instigating the entire encounter by telling her he 'drank' 5 minutes ago) and yet he's standing up for our rights? Embarrassing.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
poedua wrote: It's a freakin' RIDE check for cryin' out loud.

And when a driver like the OP tells a cop he WAS drinking " about 5 mins ago " - guess what ? You get a cop's attention.

If you've told the cop you've been drinking - as the OP did - then there is no rational, mature reason to " give the police a hard time ". Unless you're a class-A jerk of course. or, to use a phrase provided by another member .." a jackazz and moron "

Just listen to what the cop tells you, do as your told, and if you haven't contravened any drinking and driving laws, you'll be on your way without incident.

Sorry, but that's nothing but an achingly obvious and profound example of fallacious reasoning.

+1

Really.

I mean, who gets into a car to drive a mere 5 MINUTES after you've had a drink ?

Only fools get into a car to drive 5 minutes after having a drink
The police have no authority to tell you to sit on a dirty ground or to put away a device being used to record their behavior.

Your support and desire (judging by your agreement with the quotes from other members) for police violence to be used against citizens who pose no physical threat is inhumane. Suggesting that the police should beat and use a taser on people who give them a hard time or act like jerks (and that is your definition, not everyone's) is exactly analogous to my example.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)