Shopping Discussion

Got slapped with a CAD 25 while ordering from ******** !!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2016 7:29 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17797 posts
1790 upvotes
Space for rent
ThermKitty wrote:
Oct 11th, 2016 4:06 pm
Oh gosh, the worst I've ever had was $60 on a $100 item. I distinctly remember that shipping + brokerage cost more than the item. I was too young to have a credit card so I had to get the cheques that came with my bank account and ask the UPS guy how to write a cheque.
Dame. I paid 90 for a video card that was 130? that was back in the 90s damn. Wanted to upgrade my card to play soldiers of fortune 2 double helix lol
Sep 4, 2007
956 posts
393 upvotes
Same thing just happened to me, got dinged $13.90 COD for a $50 Android tv box.

I used the 'Priority Line (CA Express)' shipping option which was just an extra $1 at the time

Here is the info it says it's from:
Globalegrow E-Commerce
P.O. BOX 6033 AMF
211-6500 SILVER DART DRIVE, CORE B
MISSISSAUGA ON L5P 1B2

The weird thing was this package was just sitting in the Canada Post officefor about 2 weeks. I never got any notice sticker on my door even though they supposedly tried twice. I was tracking shipment through Geartbest website and they don't update their tracking as it comes. You wait 3 weeks no updates, then all of the sudden you'll see all the updates the next day and notice it's been sitting at your post office for 2 weeks, out for delivery, etc.

Pretty disappointing experience overall.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
25794 posts
11154 upvotes
I can't remember how much additional lines are but $7/line seems high.
One line item is $14 plus tax, plus the actual tax of the item. This is the only fee that DHL collects (well unless you have additional lines)
Anything beyond this is paid directly to the government.

If it were me in OP's position, I'd just take the $4 DHL fee (net after the falsified brokerage documents from ********) and call it a day.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1654 posts
564 upvotes
Montreal, QC
i got hit with duty and import tax when i bought a camera in the states (through amazon). end up having to pay an extra $80. it sucked as i got a good deal on it ($525 after conversion) but anyway, $600 is still a good deal for an olympus e-m10