Automotive

Got A Ticket From A Cop Today!!!need Some Advice!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2006 12:43 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2004
1102 posts
31 upvotes
I would plead that the cop was being very aggressive and speaking to you in a very rude tone, and using ethnic slurs to talk down to you. that pretty much equals a free ticket
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2004
7557 posts
65 upvotes
dapper_remy wrote:I would plead that the cop was being very aggressive and speaking to you in a very rude tone, and using ethnic slurs to talk down to you. that pretty much equals a free ticket
yes, saying the cop was being a big meanie would be the best defense. but coming from an 8 year old, i wouldn't expect any other argument. bring your mom too.
Back for a limited engagement.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2003
4590 posts
243 upvotes
Burnaby
belgiangenius wrote:Dispute what? According to the ticket, it's not even for him.
According to the ticket, it is him. Not his name maybe, but has his correct driver's license number, which is only linked to one person, which is him. No one else has his driver's license number, so yes the ticket is issued to him.

Why can't people just own up to their wrong doings in life and stop being so irresponsible?
Items for Sale:
...nothing for now...

References: eBay Feedback
Banned
Feb 18, 2005
10775 posts
8 upvotes
He's not trying to dodge trouble here. The officer should spell his name right.

Someone made the argument that the driver's license number is linked to him. What if that is also a mistake? Since the name is spelled wrong there is reasonable doubt to believe that this ticket MAY NOT be his. And that reasonable doubt is all the judge needs to throw it out.

If you file for a court date. Don't forget to get disclosure. Its basically the cops notes. You may need them in case the name thing doesnt work. If you dont get disclosure, show the judge proof that u sent a letter to them and never received disclosure. That will add to your case.

Good luck man and i hope you figure this out.
Don't be a newb, come play RFD Ball Hockey!
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... 6&page=175
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
5728 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
"reasonable doubt is all the judge needs to throw it out."

NO, it's not a criminal court, it by the preponderance of the evidence.

From law.com

"preponderance of the evidence
n. the greater weight of the evidence required in a civil (non-criminal) lawsuit for the trier of fact (jury or judge without a jury) to decide in favor of one side or the other. This preponderance is based on the more convincing evidence and its probable truth or accuracy, and not on the amount of evidence. Thus, one clearly knowledgeable witness may provide a preponderance of evidence over a dozen witnesses with hazy testimony, or a signed agreement with definite terms may outweigh opinions or speculation about what the parties intended. Preponderance of the evidence is required in a civil case and is contrasted with "beyond a reasonable doubt," which is the more severe test of evidence required to convict in a criminal trial. No matter what the definition stated in various legal opinions, the meaning is somewhat subjective."

Brent
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Any more irrelevant comments to pull out of your ***** ?"
"Your comments seem to be r ectal plucks." Pete_Coach

HEATWARE.... if you bought from me ... thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2002
3307 posts
26 upvotes
googoo wrote:Dude, pay the ticket, you screwed up so accept it!

Be an adult, you can drive a 2005 vehicle , you can afford the sticker!

Great idea, clog up the justice system with whiners!

Brent
Actually, considering all the stupid tickets cops like to give out, I'm all for "[clogging] up the justice system with whiners."