• Jan 28th, 2011 6:41 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2848 posts
327 upvotes

Got a virus... need help!

Posting this on behalf of my brother- I currently do not owned any virus protection programs. Anyone know of any free online virus scans to confirm that I do indeed have a virus and what kind of virus it is? It's sending emails to all my msn contacts.
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
6145 posts
2957 upvotes
Kanata
Boot into safe mode and scan with http://www.eset.com/online-scanner

Best one I can think of off the top of my head.

If you did detect any, install Malwarebytes & superantispyware & MSE and scan them while you're in safemode. You can uninstall malwarebytes and superantispyware if you need, but might as well leave MSE (antivirus software) there.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
3354 posts
303 upvotes
Calgary
Stinger is good, but it's for trojans, not viruses. Try the one in the link above. You can also try AVG, which is free and good.

If it's already infected, then you're going to want to run multiple programs to check it out as no one program is good enough. I'd suggest an anti-virus program scanning in safe mode, at least two different spyware/malware programs (spybot, ad-aware, etc) and stinger. If it's still troubled after that, then backup and re-format. And get anti-virus installed. Your messenger contacts will thank you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)