Boxing Day 2012 Deals Archive

[Apparel] Gotham men jacket and arctic parka women jacket the north face for 250$ at la Cordée

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2013 5:59 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 12, 2009
697 posts
32 upvotes
Nova Scotia
A few questions: 1) Does anyone have this jacket who can comment on their satisfaction with it, 2) Am I correct that it runs large? I get the vibe that I should order one size smaller than I normally would.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
6445 posts
4846 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 10:01 pm
Why pay 14$ more for the same thing? Unless Altitude was OOS which I don't think they were...
With all these concerns about the "fit", I waited to actually go to Atmosphere to try one on. (which I did Wednesday night)

Naturally, once I knew my size, both Altitude and Sporting Life were OOS in my size (medium)

I called Altitude Thursday morning, and they said their website stock, is their actual store stock, so I couldn't even drive to their store to pick one up.

Getting back to Atmosphere...

There was no way I was going to pay $370, and all they were offering was 20% off, bringing it down to $295

Seeing this deal, is like getting more than 35% off, which is good enough for me!
Dark0rb wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 3:12 am
A few questions: 1) Does anyone have this jacket who can comment on their satisfaction with it, 2) Am I correct that it runs large? I get the vibe that I should order one size smaller than I normally would.
Yes
Dec 28, 2012
3 posts
MARKHAM
Thanks for this GREAT find. It's been impossible to get my hands on a small gotham jacket in retail or online. For an extra $14 compared to altitude sport ill take it! =) Thanks a bunch
[OP]
Nov 5, 2011
32 posts
19 upvotes
Montreal
I just call la cordée the montreal one and I ask them if I can have a refund of the 15$ promo code since I bought it on the store directly. They say you can if you return it and buy it online. I only have one problem, my limit of my credit card is only 500$ and it is already full since I bought some books online for school. I just want to go directly there for a refund but my credit card is full. What should I do? I can still wait January since the deal is until jan 6 but I don't know if they will still have some small since I start posting this deal first and everybody here try to buy a small one or go there and ask them directly on the store again and try if they can let me have the promo code on. They also offer in store pick-up on the store since I don't want to wait a whole day for the shipping. That is what I do yesterday with my book on amazon.ca They said online on UPS that my book will arrived on 28 but I waited the whole day and nothing came. If I want the promo code at la cordée that will be 17$ of saving since I bought it 249.99$ plus taxes = 287.43$ but after the promo this would be 234.99$ plus taxes = 270,24$.
287,43$-270,24$= 17,19$ of saving
what should I do?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
6445 posts
4846 upvotes
davidth90 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 10:01 am
I just call la cordée the montreal one and I ask them if I can have a refund of the 15$ promo code since I bought it on the store directly. They say you can if you return it and buy it online....
If I want the promo code at la cordée that will be 17$ of saving since I bought it 249.99$ plus taxes = 287.43$ but after the promo this would be 234.99$ plus taxes = 270,24$.
287,43$-270,24$= 17,19$ of saving
what should I do?
For that amount of credit, it's a hard decision...

I live in the middle (West Island) of two locations, so I wouldn't even bother, since I would spend that amount of money in gas just to get there and back. (not including time wasted)

If you live close enough to one of their stores, then go for it, and just purchase it again online.

As a previous poster quoted me, why would I want to pay $14 more...

I don't "want" to, but when I phoned Altitude Sports, they told me they weren't getting any more in stock, so I am surprised to see ONE medium in stock today. (maybe it was a return)

I won't lose sleep over it.

Just remember to factor in all your time needed to do all this and then decide if it's really worth it...

1 - Go back to the store and do your return.

2 - Order online, and hopefully someone will be home to receive it, otherwise they will leave you a note as to where you have to go pick it up.

At least you already have your jacket, and can enjoy it on this nice cold day! :)
Dec 28, 2011
219 posts
50 upvotes
TORONTO
Hey folks, Ordered last night but did not receive an email yet... Is this normal?
Nov 1, 2005
430 posts
12 upvotes
mabeeman1 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 9:11 pm
Hey folks, Ordered last night but did not receive an email yet... Is this normal?
got a email confirmation right after i ordered.
Dec 28, 2011
219 posts
50 upvotes
TORONTO
Ven0r wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 9:45 pm
got a email confirmation right after i ordered.
Thanks a lot for the info. Hmm.. Hopefully this is because I didn't register and used the Guest checkout. I'd hate for my order to not go through even though it told me it was successful. I should probably call the store to confirm but do they speak English?
Dec 12, 2009
697 posts
32 upvotes
Nova Scotia
mabeeman1 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 2:27 am
Thanks a lot for the info. Hmm.. Hopefully this is because I didn't register and used the Guest checkout. I'd hate for my order to not go through even though it told me it was successful. I should probably call the store to confirm but do they speak English?
I can confirm that they have English support. When I called their toll-free number the phone tree had a "press 9 for support in English" option.

As a FYI, I called because the web site gave me a nasty error to the effect of "This transaction is unauthorized. Do not attempt it again". As it turned out, this happened because I tried to use an Amex. You don't get the error when using Visa or MC.
Dec 28, 2011
219 posts
50 upvotes
TORONTO
Dark0rb wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 12:12 pm
I can confirm that they have English support. When I called their toll-free number the phone tree had a "press 9 for support in English" option.
Excellent - Thanks Dark0rb!
Dec 30, 2008
21 posts
montreal
Went to the Laval location looking for a Black Small. They had 1 small left in Grey but no blacks. They called the Mtl downtown one but no luck either. I'm trying the online delivery but the girl at the store said that they get the online orders by fax and pickup the items from the store. She told me to not get my hopes up but I'll try, hope my order does not get cancelled.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2008
1028 posts
191 upvotes
mabeeman1 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 2:27 am
I also checked out as Guest and still got email right away.
Nov 4, 2007
368 posts
11 upvotes
Thanks! just picked up a medium graphite grey!
× < >