Boxing Day 2012 Deals Archive

[Apparel] Gotham men jacket and arctic parka women jacket the north face for 250$ at la Cordée

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2013 5:59 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 24, 2008
219 posts
19 upvotes
Scarborough
thanks OP, cancelled my canada goose order from the other thread and got a small gotham in grey instead :)
Jul 25, 2006
140 posts
8 upvotes
Calgary
Looks like they only have mediums left in black. I'm 5'10 and 155 lbs. Do you guys think a medium will look too big on me? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
2973 posts
205 upvotes
Vancouver
heinz256 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 1:07 pm
Looks like they only have mediums left in black. I'm 5'10 and 155 lbs. Do you guys think a medium will look too big on me? Thanks.
Always better to fit in person, but according to the NF size guide the medium is for you. You may prefer the fit of a small, but if you ever layer it might be a bit tight. Depends on the style you want to go for. Some people just prefer a slim look and go 1 size down.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
1726 posts
438 upvotes
Mississauga
heinz256 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 1:07 pm
way too big; i ordered a large from sportinglife (199 online) around xmas eve/xmas and its HUGE (I'm 6'1, 190lbs); trying to find a medium that i can exchange for; think medium would dwarf you
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2012
1179 posts
237 upvotes
Barrie
Hope they still have mediums in stock for the 3rd (since I don't get paid until then :( ). 5'11", 170lbs, hoping medium isn't to big but don't think small would be to great either.
Dec 12, 2009
696 posts
32 upvotes
Nova Scotia
nksharp wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 1:30 pm
Hope they still have mediums in stock for the 3rd (since I don't get paid until then :( ). 5'11", 170lbs, hoping medium isn't to big but don't think small would be to great either.
I'm almost exactly your size and I went with medium. As someone else said, it comes down to the look you prefer. I'm not the kind of guy who wants a very tight fitting winter coat. I don't mind a little bulk, given that I'll be wearing layers under it. Some people hate having bulk in their jackets though.
Aug 7, 2008
89 posts
1 upvote
Thanks OP. Ordered a small in grey (no smalls left in black). Tried it on at Sports Experts first to make sure.
I shall return from out of the fire.
May 27, 2007
28 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
Thanks for the great post!! Just ordered a small in grey. Hope it doesn't take too long for it to ship to Toronto.
Dec 28, 2012
3 posts
MARKHAM
has anyone received an email from them with the tracking order of the shipment? it's been a few days. Thanks
Mar 17, 2006
65 posts
38 upvotes
Jchanrfd wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 10:52 am
has anyone received an email from them with the tracking order of the shipment? it's been a few days. Thanks
My order has been in 'Processing' since Thursday. I called them up and I was told they would be shipping it on the 3rd. I hope they still have stock.
Dec 30, 2008
21 posts
montreal
No tracking order either...I'm hoping it does not get cancelled!!
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2001
14679 posts
264 upvotes
North York
nksharp wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 1:30 pm
I am the EXACT same size as you (and Male) and I have had my Gotham for 2 years now (so it's been washed a fair number of times). It still fits as good as when I took it out of the box from La Cordee -- that is, perfectly.

The "look" of this jacket is of course a bit of the bulky/urban type look... which is fine by me. For formal occasions I would wear one of my wool jackets.

My only qualm with the Gotham is the opening around the neck area if the hood is down, so you basically need to wear a scarf most of the time. But if the hood is up, the neck gets fully covered.
Dec 28, 2011
215 posts
47 upvotes
TORONTO
Shipping notification received today for my order placed boxing week. No tracking number though unless I'm blind..
Dec 27, 2012
23 posts
4 upvotes
Barrie
+1 Shipping notification email received, no tracking number either. Shipping is ground.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2012
1179 posts
237 upvotes
Barrie
konfusion666 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 10:42 am
My only qualm with the Gotham is the opening around the neck area if the hood is down, so you basically need to wear a scarf most of the time. But if the hood is up, the neck gets fully covered.
Good thing I also ordered a scarf with my order since I figured it would be like that :D

Ordered the coat,scarf and some gloves last night.
× < >