• Apr 20th, 2013 10:55 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 10, 2003
332 posts
36 upvotes
LoDown wrote:
Aug 10th, 2009 7:55 am
Anyone have any recent info on special plans for GoC employees from Rogers, Bell, Fido, etc?
Good question. Anyone has more information, please share.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2009
4956 posts
572 upvotes
South of Ottawa
We get faxes from aicwireless dot com about GoC rates from bell mobility. Don't know what the latest special is.
Jul 5, 2004
21643 posts
1722 upvotes
I get offers for Bell through my work all the time, but I refuse to use Bell for any reason. I despise that company will not support them.

Besides, if you stay with a company for a while, you can negotiate a plan that's just as good, if not better than any of the government plans.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
May 1, 2010
1 posts
Montreal
I work at CRA and got a plan through info online with Rogers

I have an iPhone and it gets expensive

Wondering if we have better offers with Telus , Bell or any other company ??

Thanks

My plan is :

250 min Anytime
6Pm early evening / Unlimited Week ends
Voicemail and Call ID

About 35 $ with everything included ...
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
10456 posts
1186 upvotes
Markham
djdubcode wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2011 3:51 pm
I work at CRA and got a plan through info online with Rogers

I have an iPhone and it gets expensive

Wondering if we have better offers with Telus , Bell or any other company ??

Thanks

My plan is :O

250 min Anytime
6Pm early evening / Unlimited Week ends
Voicemail and Call ID

About 35 $ with everything included ...

Do you get data with that?
64TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 48TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
32TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2012 Essentials
11TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2012 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro / 6TB HP Mediasmart EX 485
Jul 13, 2006
887 posts
20 upvotes
My current plan. PIPSC member but it's listed through Rogers as the "Government Plan". EDIT: This is through Corporate Cellular when you call Rogers, NOT through the regular cell department. However, my bundle discount of 15% still applies to this as well as my cable, internet, and home phone.

$17.42/mo + GRRF ($2.35)
Government Plan
250 Weekday Minutes
250 Incoming Local Minutes
Unlimited Eve & Wknd Minutes
Detailed Billing
Network Features
Exact Pricing
Call Display with Name Display
Voicemail Included
Company Calling Option
Data Usage

Add: $2.50 (optional)
- 2500 sent, unlimited received texts (SMS/MMS/premium "extreme" texts).

Add: $30 (optional)
- 6GB data plan.

I got the HTC EVO 3D for $0.01 and on this plan. They initially had to put me on a 1.5GB for $35 plan, but once the phone was purchased they were able to drop my data $$ to $30 and give the 6GB. Some kinda of minimum ($55/mo) core service plan to get the subsidized phone.
Apr 4, 2010
55 posts
2 upvotes
Coquitlam
curls00 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2011 12:57 pm
My current plan. PIPSC member but it's listed through Rogers as the "Government Plan". EDIT: This is through Corporate Cellular when you call Rogers, NOT through the regular cell department. However, my bundle discount of 15% still applies to this as well as my cable, internet, and home phone.

$17.42/mo + GRRF ($2.35)
Government Plan
250 Weekday Minutes
Detailed Billing
Network Features
Exact Pricing
Voicemail Included
Company Calling Option
Data Usage

- 6GB data plan.

I got the HTC EVO 3D for $0.01 and on this plan. They initially had to put me on a 1.5GB for $35 plan, but once the phone was purchased they were able to drop my data $$ to $30 and give the 6GB. Some kinda of minimum ($55/mo) core service plan to get the subsidized phone.

Anyone knows what's the MSD code for this? I have been to a few Rogers dealers and they all requested a MSD code. I tried showing them my pay stub and security pass but they didn't care. They still wanted the MSD code. And no one in my office knows about the MSD code. Can anyone please help? :(
Apr 7, 2010
3 posts
3 upvotes
abbotsford bc
bitbitbit wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2011 12:18 pm
Anyone knows what's the MSD code for this? I have been to a few Rogers dealers and they all requested a MSD code. I tried showing them my pay stub and security pass but they didn't care. They still wanted the MSD code. And no one in my office knows about the MSD code. Can anyone please help? :(

Dealers don't generally have access to corporate codes, and can't set up accounts, at least out here in BC. I would go so far as to say that retail staff are completely unaware of the actual details of the plans, let alone their codes (this isn't a slight, apparently their system can't access the corporate side of the house). I've been working this for what feels like months, and I can tell I've gotten nowhere at retail outlets. Here's what I've managed to find out so far.

Call Rogers Business Wireless - 1-866-727-2141. Pray for a good rep. Explain your situation and reference plan "group" "NMWZ". That will bring up hundreds, if not thousands of Gov't Corporate plan codes. Make sure you mention individual liability (you will pay for the plan personally, not your employer) The CSR then has to search through and find your department etc. I would advise patience and the willingness to repeat yourself, because few people understand how complicated and multi-layered the gov't is. Make sure you try not only your department, but your ministry etc. Make sure to double and triple check to ensure it's the right code. Again, no slight against reps (who have been awesome), but it's easy to mistake "ministry" with "department". If you work for Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, there is often a provincial body of the same name, so that will cause a wrinkle. Eventually, you will get an MSD code for a specific plan appropriate for your dept. As of two weeks ago, Rogers had no stock for the new smartphones like the Galaxy 2 LTE, so the business rep recommended going to a store to set up the plan. I think it may be best to wait until they have stock. If they don't, I would suggest going to a retail outlet at a non-busy time, and explaining/hoping/begging them to make the call to business wireless to set up a plan for you. The store staff (again out in my area at least) have to call Business Wireless with you in the store in order to set up the plan. Here's the problem, there are so many plan codes that you may end up finding out the plan code you originally got wasn't correct. This happened to a co-worker of mine who got the deal you referenced. He went to the store with the codes I had obtained from a rep (and double-checked), only to be told by another rep that they were wrong. He ended up getting the deal just the same (they found the "right" code), but it certainly wasn't a smooth experience.

So, it's a little messy. I can verify that the deal quoted a few messages ago is still available, and the prices are exactly as listed (at least for our department).

I noticed some reps will simply tell you to get the codes and call them back, but with some patience and a few more calls you hopefully find a rep who understands that you legitimately can't get the information.

If you want to comparison shop with Telus, give them (corporate) a shout @ 1-800-672-6095 and give them your info etc. It will be under the "coins" group 84040, and again will bring up hundreds of plans that need to be sorted though. The Telus corporate voice plan (at least for my dept) is different and probably not as good as the Rogers plan. Both Telus and Rogers have 6gb/$30 available for Corporate plans, and apparently Telus will have it until the end of the year, at least that's what the CSR told me. The Telus code for any 6gb/$30 Android corporate plan data add-on is XSBD6GB. They have a different code for Iphones and Blackberry's, which I don't have. Telus told me I would need to go to a retail store to set up the plan, regardless of stock levels at the corp office.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but each code is department-specific (the rate is probably the same, however).

Take care, and good luck.

BG
Apr 4, 2010
55 posts
2 upvotes
Coquitlam
Thanks for your insight, badgoalie. It's more complicated than I thought. I assumed there is only one code for all fed gov't employees. I guess I will keep calling the business line. I tried twice so far. One of them wanted MSD code and the other time I got forwarded around like 6 times and I eventually gave up waiting.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1306 posts
87 upvotes
curls00 wrote:

$17.42/mo + GRRF ($2.35)
Government Plan
250 Weekday Minutes
Detailed Billing
Network Features
Exact Pricing
Voicemail Included
Company Calling Option
Data Usage

- 6GB data plan.

This is my exact plan as well. Ontario govt here. Got my fiancee onto it, though she isn't with the govt. I find the hardest part is getting "any" corporate plan - we were both hospital employees. Once we had that established, changing it to the govt plan was as simple as saying, "We now work for the government, and hear you have this $17.42 plan. Hook us up!"
Sep 27, 2003
7565 posts
1231 upvotes
Newmarket
Way easier on Bell's end to find the "NAG" :)
If anyone needs help (Federal or Ontario Provincial) let me know. Not much for Federal, but Ontario I can help
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Apr 7, 2010
3 posts
3 upvotes
abbotsford bc
WorldIRC wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2011 5:49 pm
Way easier on Bell's end to find the "NAG" :)
If anyone needs help (Federal or Ontario Provincial) let me know. Not much for Federal, but Ontario I can help

PM sent, yes please!

Thanks,

BG
Sep 27, 2003
7565 posts
1231 upvotes
Newmarket
After some research, it looks as if Bell doesn't offer much anymore, likely due to them not winning the last bid for the Fed Gov contract. Looks like Telus / Rogers are the best choices in this matter.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Dec 26, 2011
1 posts
OTTAWA
Do these government plans include My10? Was comparing these plans to the promotional My10 plans that Rogers offers.
Mar 9, 2008
369 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver
curls00 wrote:

$17.42/mo + GRRF ($2.35)
Government Plan
250 Weekday Minutes
Detailed Billing
Network Features
Exact Pricing
Voicemail Included
Company Calling Option
Data Usage
How exactly does one ask for one of these plans? I have the details and price, but no msd code. I'm looking at the same plan except price is including 500mb data, no GRRF, and for considerably less. I think if I call Rogers about it and tell them the plan, they would probably laugh at me. Any help for federal, or is anyone even on one of these plans?
× < >