[OP]
Banned
Mar 22, 2009
274 posts
2 upvotes

[Costco] GPS Oregon 200 + Topo Canada for $350 @ Costco

This is the unit for $400 at GPSCity.ca
http://www.gpscity.ca/item-garmin-orego ... reg200.htm

Considering that a topo map is usually $100 to $140 then this might be a good deal.

Costco Link = http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.asp ... d=10324945

[IMG]http://content.costco.ca/Images/Content ... 70808c.jpg[/IMG]
14 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2464 posts
217 upvotes
Winnipeg
good price and good warranty/return policy. but still too expensive for my needs. i'll stick with my legend HCx

i'm guessing the TOPO maps are not the new V4 that just came out this month, so the maps are probably the old V2

update --- apparently it is TOPO CANADA V4, so it's up to date.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
2260 posts
299 upvotes
Saw this the other day and was going to post, but I forgot the exact price. Definitely a good deal with Costco reliability. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
2573 posts
282 upvotes
I picked this up last week. It's pretty nice. Not sure if it's worth $350 though..
May 15, 2006
102 posts
10 upvotes
GVRD
Where does Costco keep these?
I don't recall seeing them in the electronic section at the Winston st. location..
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
2573 posts
282 upvotes
vitek wrote:
Jun 16th, 2009 4:15 pm
Where does Costco keep these?
I don't recall seeing them in the electronic section at the Winston st. location..
At mine they just have a rack full of the "cardboard insert" things that you bring to the front and "cash in" for the real deal
Mar 27, 2009
79 posts
6 upvotes
Ottawa
Just got back from Costco on Merivale in Ottawa, it's V4 on the Topo maps. Great deal, just got better!!!! Gotta love Costco.
Dec 31, 1969
brucered wrote:
Jun 16th, 2009 3:05 pm
good price and good warranty/return policy. but still too expensive for my needs. i'll stick with my legend HCx

i'm guessing the TOPO maps are not the new V4 that just came out this month, so the maps are probably the old V2
How do you like the legend HCx? Debating between that and the 60Cx, and now this Oregon 200. Do you ever have problems getting a lock in forests or semi-mountainous terrain? Seems like with every new generation, the battery life gets worse (25 vs 18 vs 16 hours respectively). There's also a huge jump in price between the Legend series and the newer modes ($199, $299, $350 respectively). I have the ibycus topo maps so that's not an issue.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2464 posts
217 upvotes
Winnipeg
redbimmer wrote:
Jun 16th, 2009 5:12 pm
How do you like the legend HCx? Debating between that and the 60Cx, and now this Oregon 200. Do you ever have problems getting a lock in forests or semi-mountainous terrain? Seems like with every new generation, the battery life gets worse (25 vs 18 vs 16 hours respectively). There's also a huge jump in price between the Legend series and the newer modes ($199, $299, $350 respectively). I have the ibycus topo maps so that's not an issue.
PM sent.

but to some up my Legend HCx, I like it. Compact, good battery life, excellent reception, very accurate, nice colour screen, easy controls, micro SD to add maps etc, nice Garmin protective cover.

I am a little worried about touch screens (my phone has one) and it's not very winter friendly, if you drop it on gravel or rocks, it scraches. i know people say you can put screen protectors, but if i'm out geocaching and drop it on a pile of rocks on a riverbank, there is no way that a micro thin screen protector is going to protect it from getting scratched and/or shattered, whereas the garmin cover would. for under $200 right now (see other thread), it's a great unit.
[OP]
Banned
Mar 22, 2009
274 posts
2 upvotes
I just wish it had the e-compass but you need to get the 300 for that
May 15, 2006
102 posts
10 upvotes
GVRD
redbimmer wrote:
Jun 16th, 2009 5:12 pm
Check out the discussion on GroundSpeak...seems the old GPSMap60CSx might be a bit more accurate under tree cover due to the "Quad Helix" Antenna vs. the new "Ceramic" Antenna in the Oregon series. Though the Ceramic Antenna is supposed to be better than the "Patch" Antenna in the eTrex series...

Still debating between the 60Cx and Oregon200, though the Topo v4 software is very tantalizing...
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2464 posts
217 upvotes
Winnipeg
vitek wrote:
Jun 18th, 2009 3:51 pm
...snip...Still debating between the 60Cx and Oregon200, though the Topo v4 software is very tantalizing...
for me it came down to price and timing. i didn't want to debate all summer and miss out on a few months of caching, so i went with the Legend HCx. as far as price, i had about $200 to work with, so again, the Legend HCx was in that range. and after using it for a month or so, i love it. i have no doubt the Oregon would be just as nice or better, but it is just out of my price range right now.

don't debate too long or the costco one might be OOS and you'll miss out on it.
Jun 24, 2009
1 posts
I recently bought a Garmin Oregon 200 with Topo Canada (in CD) from Costco but I don't know how to load it to the GPS. It has 24 MB built-in memory but not large enough to store the map. So I bought a 2GB microSD card for the GPS. What steps do I need now to load the map?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2464 posts
217 upvotes
Winnipeg
davidon wrote:
Jun 25th, 2009 4:36 pm
I recently bought a Garmin Oregon 200 with Topo Canada (in CD) from Costco but I don't know how to load it to the GPS. It has 24 MB built-in memory but not large enough to store the map. So I bought a 2GB microSD card for the GPS. What steps do I need now to load the map?
http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)