• May 16th, 2018 12:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5194 posts
371 upvotes
Toronto

GPS tracking or two way watches?

Looking for something for a 8 year old who is not ready to have their own cellphone yet.

Are there other options other than the tracking squares that only last a year and have to be send back to the manufacturer.

Or a two way smart watch which they can communicate via a button?

Seen a lot of Xiaomi branded smart watches which take SIM cards for data however none of them work with Canadian carriers.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
1301 posts
563 upvotes
What are trying to track?

Ironically, I found this product for my aging father, and was thinking it would have been great for when the kids were younger and were on the bus that kept losing them

It’s a device that has a gps you can call it and they can call you or up to five numbers. You can also send a text to the device to locate them. However, you would want to disable fall detection iwith kid who is on the play ground. There is no monthly charge, but it’s expensive start up.

Livelivealarms.ca
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it brothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
8484 posts
756 upvotes
Toronto
Google for them, there's lots of devices, mostly used by autistic children.

They all involve a device child wears and a monthly fee. Many in the USA, less in Canada

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)