Students

Graduate School Acceptance

Feb 21, 2013
13 posts
3 upvotes
Piresent wrote:
Mar 15th, 2013 2:15 pm
Thanks for the update! Where else have you applied outside of Ryerson and UofT?
The only other school i applied to is Waterloo, for their MPS program.
Feb 21, 2013
13 posts
3 upvotes
it sucks this thread last year was full of posters, not so much this year. Hearing from other students really does help ease the anxiety of waiting.
Mar 14, 2013
7 posts
WinterIsComing wrote:
Mar 15th, 2013 2:59 pm
it sucks this thread last year was full of posters, not so much this year. Hearing from other students really does help ease the anxiety of waiting.
Well I'm pretty sure Waterloo hasn't sent out anything yet, as I haven't heard of a single person being accepted/rejected yet.

Does it ease the anxiety to have more people posting about their acceptances though? Haha if anything I think it makes it more excruciating and deflating, but I'm always happy to hear others have been accepted to their program of choice!
Feb 21, 2013
13 posts
3 upvotes
Piresent wrote:
Mar 15th, 2013 3:03 pm
Well I'm pretty sure Waterloo hasn't sent out anything yet, as I haven't heard of a single person being accepted/rejected yet.

Does it ease the anxiety to have more people posting about their acceptances though? Haha if anything I think it makes it more excruciating and deflating, but I'm always happy to hear others have been accepted to their program of choice!
haha touche sometimes i guess it could make the situation more stressful, i guess it all depends on the person. My girlfriend got into uoft's MPP program in early March, i read her acceptance letter, they offer 3k in scholarship and a semi-quranteed internship valued at 7-10k. Honestly not the most attractive offer, but nonetheless still pretty decent. What are your top choices?
Mar 14, 2013
7 posts
WinterIsComing wrote:
Mar 15th, 2013 3:13 pm
haha touche sometimes i guess it could make the situation more stressful, i guess it all depends on the person. My girlfriend got into uoft's MPP program in early March, i read her acceptance letter, they offer 3k in scholarship and a semi-quranteed internship valued at 7-10k. Honestly not the most attractive offer, but nonetheless still pretty decent. What are your top choices?
That's a great offer in my eyes! UofT MPP seems like a tough program to get into, though it makes me believe that I won't be accepted in their program now haha. To be honest, I'm not quite sure why they can't just wait list or reject us after first round offers go out. It would help ease the anxiety.

No top choice really, just wherever I get in. If not, I'll have to start working and take one of the offers I have on the table. The MPA/MPP was another chance to delay the inevitable full-time employment trap! What's your top choice, UofT I presume?
Feb 21, 2013
13 posts
3 upvotes
Piresent wrote:
Mar 15th, 2013 3:23 pm
That's a great offer in my eyes! UofT MPP seems like a tough program to get into, though it makes me believe that I won't be accepted in their program now haha. To be honest, I'm not quite sure why they can't just wait list or reject us after first round offers go out. It would help ease the anxiety.

No top choice really, just wherever I get in. If not, I'll have to start working and take one of the offers I have on the table. The MPA/MPP was another chance to delay the inevitable full-time employment trap! What's your top choice, UofT I presume?
I hear you on that, at least that would help me avoid checking my email every 5 minutes.

my top choice is actually Waterloo, but if I'm dont get in then definitely UofT would be my next choice.
Mar 25, 2010
22 posts
4 upvotes
So according to gradcafe... first round of NPSIA offers were sent out today by email.
Mar 18, 2013
8 posts
I applied to McMasters, UofT's MPP and Ryerson's Public Polocy program. I haven't heard from UofT or Ryerson yet...

Does UofT require and interview for their MPP program??
Feb 21, 2013
13 posts
3 upvotes
Rbcsea wrote:
Mar 19th, 2013 5:33 am
I applied to McMasters, UofT's MPP and Ryerson's Public Polocy program. I haven't heard from UofT or Ryerson yet...

Nope it does not, i also applied to both of those programs. what is your gpa like?
Mar 14, 2013
7 posts
Got accepted to UofT MPP with funding! So excited, good luck to the rest of you still waiting!
Mar 4, 2013
5 posts
Piresent wrote:
Mar 19th, 2013 4:09 pm
Got accepted to UofT MPP with funding! So excited, good luck to the rest of you still waiting!
Funding or an entrance scholarship?
Mar 13, 2013
17 posts
6 upvotes
Got accepted into the Masters of Public Policy (MPS) program at Waterloo via email. Anyone know anything about the program? (it just began 2 years ago so not a lot of info floating around). It looks pretty good.
Mar 21, 2013
15 posts
Rbcsea wrote:
Mar 19th, 2013 5:33 am

When did you heard back from Mcmaster? Did you get accepted? I've been waiting for a response from them and haven't received anything yet :(
Mar 13, 2013
17 posts
6 upvotes
kenzo40000 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 1:00 pm
When did you heard back from Mcmaster? Did you get accepted? I've been waiting for a response from them and haven't received anything yet :(
I just got accepted via email by McMaster today. You can call them ask for a timeline of when offers are being sent out/will be sent out.

Also, for anyone looking at UVic they are sending out acceptances starting this Monday. The Graduate supervisor was away the past few weeks.

For the UFT Public Policy program second round letters start going up next week.