Students

Graduate School Acceptance

Mar 21, 2013
15 posts
neoripper2 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 6:23 pm
I just got accepted via email by McMaster today. You can call them ask for a timeline of when offers are being sent out/will be sent out.

Also, for anyone looking at UVic they are sending out acceptances starting this Monday. The Graduate supervisor was away the past few weeks.

For the UFT Public Policy program second round letters start going up next week.
I will definitely call them on Monday. May I just ask what your undergrad GPA was? I want to know if I stand a chance, and i'm not sure if I should wait for a letter from Mcmaster or accept another offer.
Feb 24, 2013
5 posts
Toronto
Hey did you hear back from Mac for Public Policy stream, general Poli Sci, or IR. Curious if they have sent out acceptances for all three at this time..
Jan 30, 2013
3 posts
Hi All, I applied to Queen's MPA and UofT MPP and have been accepted to both few weeks ago. Any insights on how the programs compare in terms of education and job prospects?

Also, based on some of the previous post , it seems the Waterloo MPS is a popular choice. Being a current Waterloo undergrad and having worked with the MPS students few summers ago, I must warn you that the program was very disoriented and at least the two students I worked with were not happy. I am sure they've gotten their house in order now, but do make sure with current students.
Mar 13, 2013
17 posts
6 upvotes
kenzo40000 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 7:36 pm
I will definitely call them on Monday. May I just ask what your undergrad GPA was? I want to know if I stand a chance, and i'm not sure if I should wait for a letter from Mcmaster or accept another offer.
3.8 final 2 years. Just got to 3.0 cgpa last semester.

I think that you should keep your options open. I asked my schools for an extension of a week or two and they all granted them. Just say that you want more time to make an informed decision. Pretty much everybody will grant you one.
Mar 13, 2013
17 posts
6 upvotes
lupefiasco91 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 9:10 pm
Hey did you hear back from Mac for Public Policy stream, general Poli Sci, or IR. Curious if they have sent out acceptances for all three at this time..
I told them I wanted to major in Public Policy. But the acceptance says political science and like Windsor you apply to the political science program if you want to go to public policy.
Mar 13, 2013
17 posts
6 upvotes
ICU777 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 10:34 pm
Hi All, I applied to Queen's MPA and UofT MPP and have been accepted to both few weeks ago. Any insights on how the programs compare in terms of education and job prospects?

Also, based on some of the previous post , it seems the Waterloo MPS is a popular choice. Being a current Waterloo undergrad and having worked with the MPS students few summers ago, I must warn you that the program was very disoriented and at least the two students I worked with were not happy. I am sure they've gotten their house in order now, but do make sure with current students.
I would go to UFT. Great university, lots of opportunities etc. It is probably more expensive though.

Thanks for the insight on Waterloo. Im not sure what to do because I want to go to law school after my Masters. The MPS is a professional degree so it seems to be a different stream.
Mar 19, 2008
473 posts
22 upvotes
ICU777 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 10:34 pm

I know a few people who did Queen's MPA. It is a good program, and there is a lot of connection to government jobs in Ottawa if this is something you are interested in. The people I know in the program got jobs right away, and overall seemed really happy with it.
Mar 21, 2013
15 posts
neoripper2 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2013 2:29 pm
3.8 final 2 years. Just got to 3.0 cgpa last semester.

I think that you should keep your options open. I asked my schools for an extension of a week or two and they all granted them. Just say that you want more time to make an informed decision. Pretty much everybody will grant you one.
That's a nice GPA. My gpa the last two years was around 3.2 and CGPA was 3.0. I did also get a degree from U of T, but i'm not sure if Mcmaster values UofT degrees more. I still have to hear back from the rest of the Universities but i'm expecting a reply any day. Thanks for the advice

jjasond wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2013 4:34 pm
I know a few people who did Queen's MPA. It is a good program, and there is a lot of connection to government jobs in Ottawa if this is something you are interested in. The people I know in the program got jobs right away, and overall seemed really happy with it.
Damn! Queens is the one University I regret not applying to. I remember checking out their program a day after the deadline passed.
Mar 18, 2013
8 posts
Queens also has an incredible campus :)

Seems like a lot of people are applying to the public policy programs. Still haven't heard anything from UofT or Ryerson, is that bad?
Mar 21, 2013
15 posts
Rbcsea wrote:
Mar 26th, 2013 10:29 pm
Queens also has an incredible campus :)

Seems like a lot of people are applying to the public policy programs. Still haven't heard anything from UofT or Ryerson, is that bad?
I don't think so. From what ive heard, Ryerson takes a long time. You could end up waiting all the way until May.

But on that point. I still haven't heard from any of the Universities. The deadlines were in January. You guys think it's a good sign or bad? lol I'm not sure if it's usual practice for the rejection letters to come early or very late.
Mar 18, 2013
8 posts
I have heard that "no news is good news" I heard from Ryerson that offers will be sent out next week and that UofT has already send out offers, but they will be sending more
Mar 28, 2013
1 posts
Anyone out there applying for OT?

Specifically, UofA?

Have you heard anything yet? I thought I would have heard something by now...my gpa is 3.95. I figured that was strong enough for first round offers...now I am not so sure.

Thanks!
Apr 1, 2013
7 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Anyone applied MMA(Master of Management Analytics) in Queen's this year? its a new program just started in 2013.
Apr 3, 2013
1 posts
Hi everyone,

I got into UofT and York for Poli Sci MA. These are the only two schools I applied to. York has given a generous amount of funding where as UofT has not. Which school would you choose? Both are great programs but I guess the question really is for me prestige vs. fully funded program? I appreciate the feed back.

M