Students

Graduate School Acceptance

Mar 18, 2013
8 posts
for those that were accepted to UofT for the public policy program, when did you need to send a response by?
Apr 7, 2013
1 posts
Hey guys,

Has anyone heard from Waterloo [from any faculty at all] regarding graduate admission for this fall?
Mar 13, 2013
17 posts
6 upvotes
spacecadet04 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2013 4:10 am
Hey guys,

Has anyone heard from Waterloo [from any faculty at all] regarding graduate admission for this fall?
Yes. Just scroll back a few pages. A few of us got accepted into the MPS program.

I just got accepted into the Queens MPA program. Anyone have an idea of how the program is regarded? Does it have a good reputation etc?
Mar 21, 2013
15 posts
neoripper2 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2013 3:25 pm
Yes. Just scroll back a few pages. A few of us got accepted into the MPS program.

I just got accepted into the Queens MPA program. Anyone have an idea of how the program is regarded? Does it have a good reputation etc?
Scroll back a few pages. Someone mentioned that they know a couple of people that went there and got jobs right after graduating.

What was your GPA? I just found out that they are have a rolling admissions process, so people can still apply. I don't know if I want to waste money on the application though if I don't stand a chance.
Mar 14, 2013
7 posts
neoripper2 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2013 3:25 pm

To answer your question, I've read on other forums that the Waterloo program is fairly new and extremely unorganized. Don't quote me on that but some of the current students were not pleased with their experience in the program (I believe this was on one of the gradcafe threads or maybe even earlier on this thread).

The Queen's MPA program has been around for a while and is distinguished as one of the premier programs in Canada. Some high profile names teach or have taught in the Queen's MPA program such as Ed Broadbent (retired and now a Fellow from my understanding) and Sean Conway (currently a professor).

If it helps, one of my friends graduated from the program a couple years ago and had nothing but praise for the program. He had no trouble finding a job in Queen's Park upon graduation too.

Good luck with your decision and congrats on your acceptances!
Mar 21, 2013
15 posts
Any updates on acceptance letters? To the guys that got accepted to Mcmaster for Public Policy, will you accept the offer? I am anxiously waiting for a response from them. I know they have a rolling admission process, but considering it is already mid April, I have no idea what to think at this point.
Mar 13, 2013
17 posts
6 upvotes
kenzo40000 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2013 8:40 pm
Any updates on acceptance letters? To the guys that got accepted to Mcmaster for Public Policy, will you accept the offer? I am anxiously waiting for a response from them. I know they have a rolling admission process, but considering it is already mid April, I have no idea what to think at this point.

I rejected the offer. Ultimately I was deciding between Queens and Waterloo. Uvic was too far away even though the positives (BC and 3 co-op terms) were tempting. Going to Queens!
Mar 13, 2013
17 posts
6 upvotes
Piresent wrote:
Apr 10th, 2013 8:13 pm
To answer your question, I've read on other forums that the Waterloo program is fairly new and extremely unorganized. Don't quote me on that but some of the current students were not pleased with their experience in the program (I believe this was on one of the gradcafe threads or maybe even earlier on this thread).

The Queen's MPA program has been around for a while and is distinguished as one of the premier programs in Canada. Some high profile names teach or have taught in the Queen's MPA program such as Ed Broadbent (retired and now a Fellow from my understanding) and Sean Conway (currently a professor).

If it helps, one of my friends graduated from the program a couple years ago and had nothing but praise for the program. He had no trouble finding a job in Queen's Park upon graduation too.

Good luck with your decision and congrats on your acceptances!
Thanks for the insight! I am going to Queens so good to hear that its well known. Just worried about the lenght of the program. Seems pretty short and I hope its not too hectic.
Mar 21, 2013
15 posts
neoripper2 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2013 9:20 pm
I rejected the offer. Ultimately I was deciding between Queens and Waterloo. Uvic was too far away even though the positives (BC and 3 co-op terms) were tempting. Going to Queens!
Ah, Queens has a good program. Do you happen to know how many acceptance/rejection letters they sent out so far? Or how many people they will be admitting? I know it seems like a silly question to ask, but i'm stressing like crazy. I really want to get into the Mcmaster program.

They were incredibly secretive when I called them. The only thing they were willing to tell me was that it could take up to mid May to get a response.
Nov 22, 2011
31 posts
8 upvotes
BAIE-D'URF
Trying to revive this thread as I deal with graduate application stress. How are everyone's applications coming along this year?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
1336 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
dbrynen wrote:
Nov 14th, 2013 11:10 pm
Trying to revive this thread as I deal with graduate application stress. How are everyone's applications coming along this year?
I've fired all of mine off.

If I don't get in I'll spend 2014 finishing up my CFA and FRM.
Nov 25, 2013
1 posts
currie wrote:
Mar 7th, 2010 9:53 am
I also got accepted to Queen's MPA recently, and Dalhousie's MPA at the beginning of February.
I was researching on MPA programs and came across this thread. I'm interested to know which of the two you chose and why?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2010
1700 posts
135 upvotes
Saji03 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2013 10:38 pm
I was researching on MPA programs and came across this thread. I'm interested to know which of the two you chose and why?
It seems like everyone goes to grad school for an MPA or MPP these days. It's the hottest degree right now!
Dec 3, 2013
4 posts
Ottawa
Does anyone still browse this thread? I also applied to MPA and MPP programs...interested in knowing who else is out there!