Graduated George Brown with low GPA ? What are my Options

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2018 10:16 pm
[OP]
Apr 26, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote

Graduated George Brown with low GPA ? What are my Options

in 2017 I graduated George Brown College in the community worker program (diploma) with a 2.5 GPA

I want to go to university (preferably Ryerson) for social work or something similar in the field

but understand my gpa is very low and most university wont accept me

What are my options ?

Thanks everyone
3 replies
Sep 29, 2014
196 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto, ON
OP, apply to different schools and see what happens. I would even consider another year in college to raise your GPA. Contact the schools directly and speak with admissions representatives. Inform yourself and become more aware of the process. That being said, university is more challenging than college, so make sure you're academically capable and prepared to handle it.

Good luck, and come back here to ask more questions once you've done this. Most people here want to help others, and are not immature trolls like the person above.
Last edited by Redmask on Oct 2nd, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed nested quote
[OP]
Apr 26, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
Eragon wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 11:27 pm
OP, apply to different schools and see what happens. I would even consider another year in college to raise your GPA. Contact the schools directly and speak with admissions representatives. Inform yourself and become more aware of the process. That being said, university is more challenging than college, so make sure you're academically capable and prepared to handle it.

Good luck, and come back here to ask more questions once you've done this. Most people here want to help others, and are not immature trolls like the person above.
Thanks a lot for this really appreciate it
May 19, 2015
584 posts
194 upvotes
My question for you is why you did so poorly in college... university is not easier I hope you realize. If you haven't addressed those issues you'll just fail out of university if you even get in. It's not all about getting in you have to be able to handle the work and graduate otherwise you're wasting time
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone

Thumbs up if this post helped you 👍🏻☺️

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)