582 upvotes
Vancouver
anyone receive their bill? lol
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20805 posts
6622 upvotes
London
ambujakshi wrote: Ah. I tried paying without bill, but they require a us credit card.
Some Canadian postal codes are not accepted online. It some weird bug in their system. There was a solution posted in the earlier ez pass thread. I think it was to use a certain US zip code instead of your Canadian postal code
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2015
1230 posts
582 upvotes
Vancouver
UPDATED:

Please register an account in https://www.tollsbymailny.com

They really capture my car plate and show me photo as proof even its Ontario. so i am going to pay online now lol
Aug 20, 2011
612 posts
352 upvotes
Pallet Town
a16107 wrote: UPDATED:

Please register an account in https://www.tollsbymailny.com

They really capture my car plate and show me photo as proof even its Ontario. so i am going to pay online now lol
So did they actually send you a letter in the mail asking you to register and pay?
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
2205 posts
1124 upvotes
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: The E-ZPass comes with that clear velcro stuff, same as the 407 uses. I just mount the 407 to the left of the mirror (so I can see the indicator lights on it) and the E-ZPass to the right of the mirror (since it doesn't have lights at all). Alternately, you can just take down the 407 tag and mount the EZ-Pass on the same velcro, if you lined them up identically.

You can just mail-order an E-ZPass, no need to wait for your next US trip. This is how I did it:
https://www.e-zpassny.com/en/signup/facility.shtml

When I got mine, I prepaid $25(US) by credit card (that's the deposit/initial balance) and when the balance drops below $10, my credit card is charged $25 to top it back up again. If I ever want my balance refunded, I can just cancel my account and mail back the transponder. There's no rental fee unlike 407. (I wish someday 407 would accept E-ZPass, then I'd be ditching the 407 transponder!).

As for buying dairy products, I shop at Wegmans and Tops too but have you ever been to ALDI? I was there this past weekend, 2% milk is $1.71 a gallon, sour cream is 95 cents, butter $1.99.... (note that dairy at ALDI in Niagara Falls is cheaper than ALDI in Buffalo... must be a Niagara vs Erie County dairy tax...)
https://www.e-zpassny.com/en/about/term ... _ind.shtml

PANYNJ monthly Account service fee $1.00

Is your plan grandfathered or something? There seems to be a monthly service fee of $1 now?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
so what is the deal with this. as a person who travels over that bridge 2-3 times a year, what should I do? if I just go through and they mail me a bill, how much is the bill for?
Got that FIDO account!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2004
5302 posts
2996 upvotes
Durham Region
manho wrote:

PANYNJ monthly Account service fee $1.00

Is your plan grandfathered or something? There seems to be a monthly service fee of $1 now?
Monthly fee only applies if the EZ Pass is issued by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey - if you apply from Canada it will be issued by the New York Thruway Authority, so no fee.
May 22, 2012
834 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone received a bill for this yet? Waiting for my $2 bill... They shouldn't have a hard time finding me, my plates are registered to an EZ Pass account, just forgot my transponder that trip.
Aug 20, 2011
612 posts
352 upvotes
Pallet Town
I don't have an account, but I've been waiting for a bill since December.. lol
Banned
Oct 17, 2015
306 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I just passed thru the bridge and am equally confused. There are no signs for Canadians so it's really confusing. I don't want to take a chance with waiting for bill in the mail. If it gets lost in mail, don't want to hassled at border for unpaid bill.
Does not seem likely anyone in ON has ft the bill yet.
Wondering if they can deduct money automatically from nexus card balance?
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1550 posts
1208 upvotes
Toronto
I used a rental car recently and it freaked me out- i was so worried about the rental car company getting the bill and then giving me a $20 admin fee or something.
I went online right after going through the bridge and paid it- no problem- I got a confirmation email from them within 5 days.

Its very confusing overall.
Jul 2, 2018
1 posts
ambujakshi wrote: Ah. I tried paying without bill, but they require a us credit card.
submalst wrote: I used a rental car recently and it freaked me out- i was so worried about the rental car company getting the bill and then giving me a $20 admin fee or something.
I went online right after going through the bridge and paid it- no problem- I got a confirmation email from them within 5 days.

Its very confusing overall.
How do you pay the bill? Where did you find the payment website?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
So I have now gone over this bridge 4x over the last 2 months and have been utterly confused if it even applies to Canadians. I finally researched this and I guess it does. However, I have yet to get anything in the mail. I don't have a problem signing up and paying now that I know, but does anyone know what happens if you don't?
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26011 posts
211303 upvotes
GTA
So I have an update on this as I used the Grand Island Bridge recently, and I have an E-Z pass, BUT when I was driving, it was not actually mounted (I had just tossed it into my bag at the last minute and forgot about it). Despite this, because my plate is associated to my E-Z pass account, I received an email statement where they have deducted the $0.95 for the trip (no admin fees or anything that I can see). I am very impressed with how smooth this worked.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
I went over the bridge twice a few months back and received nothing.
Got that FIDO account!
Banned
Oct 17, 2015
306 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I spoke to Tollsbymail and was told that they are getting lots of calls from ON plate holders but can not find their info in their system. I have a feeling that no one in ON has got a bill in the mail yet.
Those who have EZ pass can or probably have already got money deducted from their account but for rest of us we will have to get EZ pass for future travels.
There is no option on their website to search the tolls using ON number plates, only US plates are accepted. One can register an account with a credit card but I am wary of furnishing my CC info without knowing for sure that I do owe them something. if ON numbers are not in system yet then there is point in getting ahead of the curve.
Has anyone with an ON plate, registered and paid the bill on their website yet?
Has anyone with an ON plate received any bill in the mail yet?
May 22, 2012
834 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto
toguy wrote: So I have an update on this as I used the Grand Island Bridge recently, and I have an E-Z pass, BUT when I was driving, it was not actually mounted (I had just tossed it into my bag at the last minute and forgot about it). Despite this, because my plate is associated to my E-Z pass account, I received an email statement where they have deducted the $0.95 for the trip (no admin fees or anything that I can see). I am very impressed with how smooth this worked.
Pretty sure it read your transponder. Cause they never charged my E-Z pass when I forgot my transponder, plates are associated with the account aswell.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26011 posts
211303 upvotes
GTA
platinumtiger19 wrote: Pretty sure it read your transponder. Cause they never charged my E-Z pass when I forgot my transponder, plates are associated with the account aswell.
It was not only in my bag, but also within the read prevention bag, so I have my doubts about that. I'm thinking they went just by the association of my plate to my EZPass account.
Nov 5, 2013
5 posts
1 upvote
Richmond Hill
In the same situation. I don't want an outstanding bill in my name. Please update if anyone pays their toll successfully.