Travel

Grand Island (NY) Cashless Toll

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2018 11:24 pm
May 31, 2008
496 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
I used a rental car recently and it freaked me out- i was so worried about the rental car company getting the bill and then giving me a $20 admin fee or something.
I went online right after going through the bridge and paid it- no problem- I got a confirmation email from them within 5 days.

Its very confusing overall.
Jul 2, 2018
1 posts
ambujakshi wrote:
Apr 4th, 2018 11:56 am
Ah. I tried paying without bill, but they require a us credit card.
submalst wrote:
Jul 1st, 2018 6:21 pm
I used a rental car recently and it freaked me out- i was so worried about the rental car company getting the bill and then giving me a $20 admin fee or something.
I went online right after going through the bridge and paid it- no problem- I got a confirmation email from them within 5 days.

Its very confusing overall.
How do you pay the bill? Where did you find the payment website?
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12472 posts
3035 upvotes
Here 'n There
So I have now gone over this bridge 4x over the last 2 months and have been utterly confused if it even applies to Canadians. I finally researched this and I guess it does. However, I have yet to get anything in the mail. I don't have a problem signing up and paying now that I know, but does anyone know what happens if you don't?
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20043 posts
132204 upvotes
GTA
So I have an update on this as I used the Grand Island Bridge recently, and I have an E-Z pass, BUT when I was driving, it was not actually mounted (I had just tossed it into my bag at the last minute and forgot about it). Despite this, because my plate is associated to my E-Z pass account, I received an email statement where they have deducted the $0.95 for the trip (no admin fees or anything that I can see). I am very impressed with how smooth this worked.
May 23, 2017
579 posts
162 upvotes
I went over the bridge twice a few months back and received nothing.
Got that Zoomer account!
Oct 17, 2015
198 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I spoke to Tollsbymail and was told that they are getting lots of calls from ON plate holders but can not find their info in their system. I have a feeling that no one in ON has got a bill in the mail yet.
Those who have EZ pass can or probably have already got money deducted from their account but for rest of us we will have to get EZ pass for future travels.
There is no option on their website to search the tolls using ON number plates, only US plates are accepted. One can register an account with a credit card but I am wary of furnishing my CC info without knowing for sure that I do owe them something. if ON numbers are not in system yet then there is point in getting ahead of the curve.
Has anyone with an ON plate, registered and paid the bill on their website yet?
Has anyone with an ON plate received any bill in the mail yet?
May 22, 2012
291 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
toguy wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 6:04 am
So I have an update on this as I used the Grand Island Bridge recently, and I have an E-Z pass, BUT when I was driving, it was not actually mounted (I had just tossed it into my bag at the last minute and forgot about it). Despite this, because my plate is associated to my E-Z pass account, I received an email statement where they have deducted the $0.95 for the trip (no admin fees or anything that I can see). I am very impressed with how smooth this worked.
Pretty sure it read your transponder. Cause they never charged my E-Z pass when I forgot my transponder, plates are associated with the account aswell.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20043 posts
132204 upvotes
GTA
platinumtiger19 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 11:13 am
Pretty sure it read your transponder. Cause they never charged my E-Z pass when I forgot my transponder, plates are associated with the account aswell.
It was not only in my bag, but also within the read prevention bag, so I have my doubts about that. I'm thinking they went just by the association of my plate to my EZPass account.