• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2019 12:18 am
Apr 12, 2013
727 posts
680 upvotes
BC

Great Integrity from Gibbys Electronics

A shout-out to Gibby's Electronics for honesty and integrity

Sold my Denon receiver this morning and finally bought the Onkyo RZ830 from Gibby's (see thread in Hot Deals). They were advertising it at $1699, but with their price match plus 15% of the difference policy. Best Buy and Amazon list at $799....

It was supposedly an error on their part, but Gibby's immediately honoured the promise, so final price was $664+tax! I am impressed they stuck to their word.

Gibby's already fixed the website so sorry, no RFD effect....

PS Many stores are already out of stock, so this amazing deal us unlikely to be around much longer
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5072 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I bought my receiver from them on a Friday and received it Monday.

Ordered b-stock and they were OOS of it so they sent me a new one instead. Definitely would order from them again if they had what i wanted at a good price.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
AndrewBond wrote: A shout-out to Gibby's Electronics for honesty and integrity

Sold my Denon receiver this morning and finally bought the Onkyo RZ830 from Gibby's (see thread in Hot Deals). They were advertising it at $1699, but with their price match plus 15% of the difference policy. Best Buy and Amazon list at $799....

It was supposedly an error on their part, but Gibby's immediately honoured the promise, so final price was $664+tax! I am impressed they stuck to their word.

Gibby's already fixed the website so sorry, no RFD effect....

PS Many stores are already out of stock, so this amazing deal us unlikely to be around much longer
So basically you got a 16.9% discount vs. retail. That's great for you, but it's likely they're still making a profit there, and if it's their policy, they should honour it.

Overall, I think Gibby's is a decent place to buy, and I've bought a few things from them, but one thing that bugs me about them is a lot of times when they say B-stock is available on their website, it really isn't.
Ecsta wrote: I bought my receiver from them on a Friday and received it Monday.

Ordered b-stock and they were OOS of it so they sent me a new one instead. Definitely would order from them again if they had what i wanted at a good price.
Lucky. Last time that happened to me, they kept on trying to push me to switch to a higher priced model.
Apr 12, 2013
727 posts
680 upvotes
BC
The $799 is already highly discounted from the typical $1200+ it has been selling at for the past year, so probably not much fat left. They could simply have refused to sell to me (every stores prerogative) but it would have been poor service.

Thought they deserved a positive comment given how much negativity is on this forum (we all like to moan!)
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
AndrewBond wrote: The $799 is already highly discounted from the typical $1200+ it has been selling at for the past year, so probably not much fat left.
Amazon lists the regular price at $1099.

Furthermore, these are likely manufacturer sanctioned sales. When that happens, the wholesale pricing drops accordingly.