[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7361 posts
920 upvotes
Toronto
Raggie wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 9:19 pm
It doesn't take any time at all and it's easy. Just slather the chicken with sauce, let it marinate, then throw in the oven. You don't even have to look after it.
To me, that's A LOT of work :D
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
6764 posts
713 upvotes
Toronto
Raggie wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 8:59 pm
It's easy to make your own jerk chicken. Use Grace Jerk sauce and marinate for a couple of hours.
Yep. the Grace Marinade is pretty good.
It's what I use plus a bit of the very spicy Grace jerk seasoning.
Obviously the longer you marinade the better but I've had good results with just an hour.
I do mostly wings. Chicken pieces with more flesh like legs would need more time plus you may have to poke some holes in the chicken for the marinade to soak in good.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6076 posts
896 upvotes
Mississauga
gh05t wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:56 pm
Yep. the Grace Marinade is pretty good.
It's what I use plus a bit of the very spicy Grace jerk seasoning.
Obviously the longer you marinade the better but I've had good results with just an hour.
I do mostly wings. Chicken pieces with more flesh like legs would need more time plus you may have to poke some holes in the chicken for the marinade to soak in good.
Yeah, I like to add Vegeta and then slather on the sauce. The flavour is so good.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2098 posts
213 upvotes
Mississauga
I made a stupid mistake once to use the Grace extra spicy seasoning as chicken thigh marinade. Very hot mistake lol. I love spicy food but still had problems enjoying it haha. I now do exactly what the poster above does and I mix it up with a bit of yogurt and leave it overnight. Make sure to massage the marinade into the chicken.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7361 posts
920 upvotes
Toronto
See what I mean? Too much work mon.

Now let ge back to dee jerk recos mon.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12339 posts
359 upvotes
Tropical Joe's in the gerrard square mall.

Their jerk chicken poutine is disgustingly good. I know they don't use cheese curds but the combination of freshly deep fried fries, boneless jerk chicken, shredded cheese, jerk sauce, oxtail gravy, and hot sauce is amazing. And a large is bigger than a normal person should eat in one sitting.

Best eaten right after it is made. I find it does not hold well if you can't finish it and put it a fridge for a snack later on.
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
1011 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
Bojangles416 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 1:21 pm
If you're out in Scarborough give Chris Jerk a try.
Chicken Jerk schwarma poutine is excellent there.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7361 posts
920 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:14 pm
I gotta ask my co-worker where she gets all her w.i food.
She always gets food from a tiny take out out near galloway and kingston road. The food is delicious... their jerk chicken is grilled with coal!!!

Updates tmrw when i see her at work
You teaser you :D
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9555 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:14 pm
I gotta ask my co-worker where she gets all her w.i food.
She always gets food from a tiny take out out near galloway and kingston road. The food is delicious... their jerk chicken is grilled with coal!!!

Updates tmrw when i see her at work
I live close by, I'll have to look around there.

There's this Chinese Supermarket at 401 and Morningside called Fusion. They serve jerk chicken there. Quite spicy but dammn, is it good. Thigh attached to drumstick.. big pieces too. 3 for $6.

I also did some jerk chicken with the bottled marinade, indirectly over coal and apple wood. That is good too and so easy. just need to marinade about 1 hr or so.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36661 posts
2532 upvotes
Toronto
tranquility922 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:26 pm
You teaser you :D
at1212b wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:42 pm
I live close by, I'll have to look around there.

There's this Chinese Supermarket at 401 and Morningside called Fusion. They serve jerk chicken there. Quite spicy but dammn, is it good. Thigh attached to drumstick.. big pieces too. 3 for $6.

I also did some jerk chicken with the bottled marinade, indirectly over coal and apple wood. That is good too and so easy. just need to marinade about 1 hr or so.
Twice as nice
On kingston rd
Take out only
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3937 posts
522 upvotes
Aurora
Anybody try other menu offerings? I know jerk chicken has the highest popularity but I personally like other stuff better like jerk pork and curry goat (with bones). Especially in a roti.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10133 posts
585 upvotes
So far I've never had better than raps on Eglinton west. They have the big drum smokers going out on the sidewalk until the early morning. Love the stuff. Available on Uber eats too.

Saw a pic of the Chris jerk Shawarma poutine before and it looks pretty good too!
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10133 posts
585 upvotes
Heard a good review lately of "taste seduction" in the junction.