• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2017 11:18 am
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1255 posts
177 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 5:02 pm
You have a green home, that tank has a 90+% efficiency rating and a high recovery. You can go with the cheaper big box store tank, but they're not efficient

Look at your schedule A for the buy out cost and negotiate with Cricket
Thanks, I didn't find anything in schedule A (countrywide) regarding water tanks.
I'll call them to find out about buyout, or possibly take the rental as I'm not planning to live here for very long.
How would I know if I have a "green" home?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
24417 posts
2449 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
reyoasian wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 12:18 pm
Thanks, I didn't find anything in schedule A (countrywide) regarding water tanks.
I'll call them to find out about buyout, or possibly take the rental as I'm not planning to live here for very long.
How would I know if I have a "green" home?
Scheudle A is from Cricket. Here is the one I received.

IMG_0299.JPG

If you plan to be there for less than 5 years you're better off just renting.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1255 posts
177 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 5:24 pm
Scheudle A is from Cricket. Here is the one I received.
If you plan to be there for less than 5 years you're better off just renting.
Ohhh, I thought you meant schedule A from builder's contract
I'll see how the pricing goes...closing tomorrow
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
24417 posts
2449 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
reyoasian wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 9:38 pm
Ohhh, I thought you meant schedule A from builder's contract
I'll see how the pricing goes...closing tomorrow
Cricket mailed a contract to me 30 days after my closing. You won't see schedule A for at least 30 days.

I suggest you concentrate on your 30 day Tarion report. Don't worry about the water heater till you get the letter. Cricket doesn't invoice directly. They bill through Enbridge.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1255 posts
177 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 1:00 am
Cricket mailed a contract to me 30 days after my closing. You won't see schedule A for at least 30 days.

I suggest you concentrate on your 30 day Tarion report. Don't worry about the water heater till you get the letter. Cricket doesn't invoice directly. They bill through Enbridge.
Yeah I saw the tank, billed through Enbridge.
I'm going to try to get them to drop the monthly rental if anything, since it's a good tank.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
24417 posts
2449 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
reyoasian wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 8:18 am
Yeah I saw the tank, billed through Enbridge.
I'm going to try to get them to drop the monthly rental if anything, since it's a good tank.
You already received an invoice from Enbridge? You just closed today? How did they get your Name?

First thing, call Enbridge and tell them to remove all third party billining. Then call Cricket and and ask them for schedule A

My buyout was $4368 and I said that was unacceptable. She quickly dropped the price $1000. I thought paying over $3300 for a water tank was excessive. I can buy a tankless for less.

Then I researched the tank I have and called around. The cheapest I found the tank for was $2500 installed. The EnviroSense tanks are high efficiency with quick recovery. I needed up buying the tank outright for $3300 Plus HST. It's a $1000 more, but after factoring in removal and dropping it off to Cricket, I wouldn't save much.

The main thing that got me was the fine print. Cricket can raise the rental price annually by 3.5% each year. It is not a fixed rate.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1255 posts
177 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 8:33 am
You already received an invoice from Enbridge? You just closed today? How did they get your Name?

First thing, call Enbridge and tell them to remove all third party billining. Then call Cricket and and ask them for schedule A

My buyout was $4368 and I said that was unacceptable. She quickly dropped the price $1000. I thought paying over $3300 for a water tank was excessive. I can buy a tankless for less.

Then I researched the tank I have and called around. The cheapest I found the tank for was $2500 installed. The EnviroSense tanks are high efficiency with quick recovery. I needed up buying the tank outright for $3300 Plus HST. It's a $1000 more, but after factoring in removal and dropping it off to Cricket, I wouldn't save much.

The main thing that got me was the fine print. Cricket can raise the rental price annually by 3.5% each year. It is not a fixed rate.
The tank says billed through Enbridge when I did PDI.
I'll call Enbridge first today then.
Thanks for the help!
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1255 posts
177 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 9:27 am
Congratulations on your new home. Now the nightmare begins.
Just called, they're forcing me to "register" and that I'm stuck on a rental no matter what. Disappointed But Relieved Face

Unless I buy it out, but I'm stuck with them either way is what they're saying.

EDIT
Just checked my contract:
The hot water heater and tank may not be included in the Purchase Price and shall remain chattel property. The purchaser acknowledges that the "hot water tank" is a lease and agrees to execute a Lease Agreement with the Vendor's designated supplier and agrees to take all necessary steps to assume immediately on closing charges for hydro, water, and other services, and the Vendor may recover any payments therefore from the purchaser.

I guess I'm screwed?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
24417 posts
2449 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
reyoasian wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 3:57 pm
Just called, they're forcing me to "register" and that I'm stuck on a rental no matter what. Disappointed But Relieved Face

Unless I buy it out, but I'm stuck with them either way is what they're saying.

EDIT
Just checked my contract:
The hot water heater and tank may not be included in the Purchase Price and shall remain chattel property. The purchaser acknowledges that the "hot water tank" is a lease and agrees to execute a Lease Agreement with the Vendor's designated supplier and agrees to take all necessary steps to assume immediately on closing charges for hydro, water, and other services, and the Vendor may recover any payments therefore from the purchaser.

I guess I'm screwed?
Don't register. They will mail you a package for registration that includes schedule A.

Call Enbridge and stop third party billing. If you don't register, you haven't agreed to their terms. Examine schedule A and then check the cost of the water heater with an HVAC or plumber. If the fees are reasonable, then buy it out. If it is way off, then fight them. If you stop third party billing, they have no way to collect from you.

Rental is not an option unless you're only staying in that house for less than 5 years. If you read the agreement, they can increase the rental cost annually by up to 3.5%
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1255 posts
177 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 9:35 pm
Don't register. They will mail you a package for registration that includes schedule A.

Call Enbridge and stop third party billing. If you don't register, you haven't agreed to their terms. Examine schedule A and then check the cost of the water heater with an HVAC or plumber. If the fees are reasonable, then buy it out. If it is way off, then fight them. If you stop third party billing, they have no way to collect from you.

Rental is not an option unless you're only staying in that house for less than 5 years. If you read the agreement, they can increase the rental cost annually by up to 3.5%
What about my contract with the builder: The purchaser acknowledges that the "hot water tank" is a lease and agrees to execute a Lease Agreement with the Vendor's designated supplier
The wording is throwing me off....
Does your contract indicate the same thing for schedule X?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
24417 posts
2449 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
reyoasian wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 9:39 pm
What about my contract with the builder: The purchaser acknowledges that the "hot water tank" is a lease and agrees to execute a Lease Agreement with the Vendor's designated supplier
Of course it does. Builder gets a kick back from these blood suckers.

Wait for schedule A, what ever you do, don't give Cricket any information and don't sign an agreement. The most important thing is to cancel third party billing with a Enbridge. If you make a payment, you essentially agree to the terms even if you don't sign the agreement.

When you get schedule A, call Cricket and negotiate the buy out. I was able to reduce the price by $1000 right away.
Last edited by Gee on Sep 7th, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1255 posts
177 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 9:44 pm
Of course it does. Builder gets a kick back from these blood suckers.

Wait for schedule A, what ever you do, don't give Cricket any information and don't sign an agreement. The most important thing is to cancel third party billing with a Enbridge. If you make a payment, you essentially agree to the terms even if you don't sign the agreement.

When you get schedule A, call Cricket and negotiate the but out. I was able to reduce the price by $1000 right away.
Thanks, I've already called Enbridge, she said she would put a note on the account but didn't promise anything.
I'll call again tomorrow.

Also when I refused to give Cricket my information they said the builder will give it to them either way and they will charge me no matter what.
I just told her thank you, and hung up lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
2531 posts
651 upvotes
Paris
reyoasian wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 9:39 pm
Execute a lease agreement doesnt specify the "standard" lease agreement. They cant expect you to lease for say $5000/month. You have a choice. They cant force your signature onto the agreement.
Gbill2004: Thanks but I'll just smell the couch before/if I buy it.

jonnyb: I go in there like PICASSO and toss the glue everywhere, I don't care what house I'm on.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
4972 posts
1067 upvotes
Kanata
Moved into a Minto home about 2 months ago and Enercare finally decided to charge me. I haven't paid them yet. I went through the purchase agreement, it's the same as the user above. Just states I assume the responsibility. The POS doesn't even work properly. I'm so angry I'm getting stuck with a $50 rental for this junk.

If I call Enbridge and told them to remove the charge what will Enercare do? Are they going to fight me or fight Enbridge?
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.