Sports & Recreation

Greatest NBA Player of All Time? Lebron vs. Jordan vs. Kobe

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2011 12:33 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: Who is GOAT?

• Total votes: 176. You have voted on this poll.
Michael Jordan

82%
Kobe Bryant

6%
Lebron James

7%
Other

6%
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2006
4434 posts
218 upvotes
rems wrote: MJ's arrogant and egotistical. So is Kobe. Did you ever see them celebrate their arrival to a city's team with a giant party or enter a room on a hydrolic lift?

Do you want the NBA to be like the WWE?

Not at all. I don't think any of us want that. But I'd put the majority of the blame on the Heat organization for that. And didn't Shaq have something similar when he went to Miami?

Was it actually televised? I honestly don't know.

Had it not been televised and kept as a rally to amp up the home crowd, would it have made any difference?

The only time I see those clips is when SportsCenter is running their seemingly daily Heat bash fest.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2006
4434 posts
218 upvotes
myversa wrote: I do not deny people talking trashing when playing basketball but mocking and excusing and making fun of other when they are actually sick? Give me a break.

Lebron is the only good basketball player out there. Without him, other team like Dallas still can win Championship. Who said Donnie Nelson is not a good GM?

If you take Lebron into your team this year, at least he will not win a championship for you this year. :lol:

In the immortal words of Marc Jackson regarding that incident, "Who cares?"

You think players don't belittle each other all the time and talk $hi+ both on and off the court?

Did you forget all the talking JT and Stevenson did off the court during the finals?

To me, the only thing that should be off limits is talking about another player's family. Everything else is fair game.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
LeBron has a bigger narcissistic ego than Jordan but at least Jordan could back it up with his play.
Jordan took a few years off from the NBA because his father was murdered stemming from Jordans' gambling debts.

Jordan was never perfect off the court, but no one cared about him being an ******* because he could actually back it up, unlike Lebron. Jordan
is also well liked around the world while LeBron has a large number of detractors for the way he conducts himself in situations like "The Decision".

In hockey, you could make a case for Gretzky, Orr, Lemieux as the GoAT. But with basketball, Jordan's name unanimously comes up as
the choice for greatest athlete for a given sport.

It was not the same situation with Shaquille O'Neil. Kobe issued an ultimatum to Lakers' management to exile Shaq off the team.
Bryant refused to re-sing with the Lakers unless they assured him it was his team. Shaq is older so they elected to go
with the younger and more marketable Kobe.

kennyhohoho wrote: Not at all. I don't think any of us want that. But I'd put the majority of the blame on the Heat organization for that. And didn't Shaq have something similar when he went to Miami?

Was it actually televised? I honestly don't know.

Had it not been televised and kept as a rally to amp up the home crowd, would it have made any difference?

The only time I see those clips is when SportsCenter is running their seemingly daily Heat bash fest.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2002
12253 posts
858 upvotes
x-factor wrote: Jordan took a few years off from the NBA because his father was murdered stemming from Jordans' gambling debts..
Objection your honour. Speculation, pure and simple.
x-factor wrote: But with basketball, Jordan's name unanimously comes up as the choice for greatest athlete for a given sport..
No, not unanimously. Older fans look at 30 and 40-somethings as newbies who never saw Wilt or Oscar or Bill play. Jordan is to basketball as Gretzky is to hockey...some people will still take an old timer over them.

But....LeBron? No.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
2457 posts
19 upvotes
shannn wrote: Dirk does

LMAO. His first championship in 13 seasons are you are gonna say this?

Due respect to Dirk but people are on his nuts hard.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9545 posts
960 upvotes
kennyhohoho wrote: Because Dirk was the Luke Skywalker that defeated the Darth Vader that was Lebron.

People eat these stories up hard.

actually I think a better comparison would be the above's user name vs Rocky :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2006
7575 posts
396 upvotes
Canada
ClubberLang wrote: LMAO. His first championship in 13 seasons are you are gonna say this?

Due respect to Dirk but people are on his nuts hard.

Maybe LeBron will play sick one day in the playoffs sometime in the future and not choke.

But Dirk did exactly that, you cannot refute it.

I know it is all hearsay, but have you ever tried to do anything with a fever above 100 degrees F?

I'm not saying Dirk is the best, but LeBron has a lot of maturing to do and a lot of character building is needed on his behalf.
He died for me, I live for him
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
11297 posts
1274 upvotes
Toronto
kennyhohoho wrote: Because Dirk was the Luke Skywalker that defeated the Darth Vader that was Lebron.

People eat these stories up hard.

you can thank MJ for that as well.. everyone loves the mythical story
[removed for signature violation]
Deal Expert
Jun 11, 2007
15775 posts
1685 upvotes
Maple Ridge
shannn wrote: Maybe LeBron will play sick on day in the playoffs and not choke.

But Dirk did exactly that, you cannot refute it.

I know it is all hearsay, but have you ever tried to do anything with a fever above 100 degrees F?

I'm not saying Dirk is the best, but LeBron has a lot of maturing to do and a lot of character building is needed on his behalf.

Lebron played playoff without any sickness and still choke. :lol:
I love my toy poodle Taffy and making greeting cards:

https://taffylove.com/
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
pretty unaminous, MJ for sure, unless kobe can win like 3 more(highly unlikely), king james hasn't won anything so he should not even be in this poll
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3726 posts
432 upvotes
MJ > Kobe > Araujo > LeBron

Kobe is a beast but not on MJ's level, and LeBron's not on Kobe or DWade's level so he's most definitely not on MJ's level.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9644 posts
2634 upvotes
x-factor wrote: Scottie Pippen retracted his statement, and says he thinks Jordan is the greatest player, not LeBron James.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... pen-jordan

On an unrelated note: LeBron James dunks on and knocks over a kid that was attempting a layup at Basketball camp.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3bUb72K ... dded#at=38

That laugh in the video... that laugh...
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
LeBron has 0 rings. MJ beats them all.
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
11297 posts
1274 upvotes
Toronto
x-factor wrote: Scottie Pippen retracted his statement, and says he thinks Jordan is the greatest player, not LeBron James.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... pen-jordan

On an unrelated note: LeBron James dunks on and knocks over a kid that was attempting a layup at Basketball camp.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3bUb72K ... dded#at=38

working on his clutch gene in bump lol

i thought you had to shoot it from where you stop the ball... he can't fly in and dunk it lol
[removed for signature violation]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)