Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Green Beanery

Technivorm Moccamaster CDT Thermal Brewer - Coffee Maker (Code 'MO' for 40% Off)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2020 10:35 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1673 posts
1193 upvotes
Must resist... my Bonavita is trembling in the corner
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
6209 posts
3028 upvotes
Toronto
vader_slri wrote: Must resist... my Bonavita is trembling in the corner
You’re in luck. Deal is dead! Great price... I’ve had mine for over 8 years now. Two broken carafes but all original parts going strong. As mentioned previously descale and clean the fountain head!
Nov 19, 2016
905 posts
621 upvotes
Any thoughts on the easier to break glass carafe versus the not so warm steel jug? Which do you feel is better?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
1424 posts
394 upvotes
GVRD
Oh boy, sad I missed this deal - any idea if it will come Back in stock?

I’ve had this coffee maker sitting in my amazon cart for a year+ but refuse to pay msrp
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
User131439 wrote: It's more than just 'drip' though. From heat to evenly flow of water to the grounds, it's worth the money for these guys.
10+ years ago this drip machine was unique. Now we have dozens of SCA tested and approved drip machines at a fraction of the cost. Not saying this isn't the best one, just saying there are other, much less expensive alternatives (e.g., Bonavita, Braun MultiServe, Bunn 10 cup etc.) that will do a very good job and up to SCA stringent brew specs which looks at all the aspects of brewing not just temp. Something to consider before spending the money on the priciest drip model.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
milhaus wrote: You’re in luck. Deal is dead! Great price... I’ve had mine for over 8 years now. Two broken carafes but all original parts going strong. As mentioned previously descale and clean the fountain head!
Might be OOS bit not really dead. They still let you checkout at this price, with a note you might get em later.
For Sale:
Nov 19, 2016
905 posts
621 upvotes
Decided to order after I realized 1.25L is not a lot of coffee lol. 4 cups at best.

Although it's out of stock, it still took my order. Let's see how things play out!
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1628 posts
1988 upvotes
Wow this is a deal! I've had mine for 10 years now and it works like a charm. Don't sleep on this deal folks.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1628 posts
1988 upvotes
MisterTeee wrote: Any thoughts on the easier to break glass carafe versus the not so warm steel jug? Which do you feel is better?
Steel jug all the way. What makes you think it is not warm?
Mar 26, 2004
387 posts
290 upvotes
Ottawa
MisterTeee wrote: Any thoughts on the easier to break glass carafe versus the not so warm steel jug? Which do you feel is better?
Preheat the steel carafe with warm water then pour out before brewing.
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
I buy the cone filters from Costco for my Moccamaster, don't bother with a permanent filter. Make sure you seat the drip tray well because it's a mess to clean up if it clogs. Every month or so, use a citric acid/water solution to clean it. I have the KBGT-741 model and it makes about 4 mugs. It's a well made product and looks good too. I had cheap coffee makers for years, glad I upgraded.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1353 posts
284 upvotes
Out of stock for now. Is the code only for this brewer, or are there other items it could be applied to? I tried a grinder and no go.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
craigdcan wrote: Out of stock for now. Is the code only for this brewer, or are there other items it could be applied to? I tried a grinder and no go.
Not sure about the code applying to other items. I bought it just after it went OOS last night, but I was still able to place the order. They even charged my paypal/cc right away, so I'm assuming we're good to go. I've had the Bonavita a long time ago for like 2 years (heating element broke, couldn't keep the temp...very disappointing) and I received the Braun Multiserve as a gift over a year ago. Always wanted to try the Technivorm and at this price it was too tempting. Hopefully, GB doesn't screw this up and ships relatively soon.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2623 posts
3724 upvotes
GTA
I've had the glass for years. Never broke it.
I think (it's been a while) I picked glass because at that time it was cheaper and I felt it was easier to wash; it really is, but most of the time I just rinse it out and only really wash it when it looks like I should.
If you let coffee sit longer, then preheated (definitely preheated with hot water) carafe.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2489 posts
292 upvotes
went with the glass for ease of cleaning and personal preference of glass over steel (I use glass & ceramic over steel mugs/thermos)
Feb 28, 2018
18 posts
2 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: Not sure about the code applying to other items. I bought it just after it went OOS last night, but I was still able to place the order. They even charged my paypal/cc right away, so I'm assuming we're good to go. I've had the Bonavita a long time ago for like 2 years (heating element broke, couldn't keep the temp...very disappointing) and I received the Braun Multiserve as a gift over a year ago. Always wanted to try the Technivorm and at this price it was too tempting. Hopefully, GB doesn't screw this up and ships relatively soon.
How do you like the Braun Multiserve?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
zmasta wrote: How do you like the Braun Multiserve?
I really do like the taste of coffee it puts out. The temp is always correct and consistent whenever I measure it. It's also very simple interface with no BS bells and whistles, yet you can set coffee strength and do ice coffee...stuff i never really use. If a machine gets the brew temp, the even shower head dispersion and the saturation time right, it can be called Hamilton Beach, Oster, Betty Crocker or whatever cheap brand....it will still make brilliant coffee as long as the beans are good.
Last edited by thelasthunter on Feb 20th, 2020 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
GB can't fullfill my order even after they charged my card. Pretty shoddy e-commerce store. At least the staff were nice and offered me 40% off another more expensive Technivorm model that they will soon have. After I declined, they issued me a prompt refund. Looks like I'm sticking with Braun Multiserve, which is fine by me.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2007
2574 posts
1890 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: GB can't fullfill my order even after they charged my card. Pretty shoddy e-commerce store. At least the staff were nice and offered me 40% off another more expensive Technivorm model that they will soon have. After I declined, they issued me a prompt refund. Looks like I'm sticking with Braun Multiserve, which is fine by me.
Which model did they offer you and how much?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
Goonish wrote: Which model did they offer you and how much?
TECHNIVORM MOCCAMASTER CDT GRAND at 40% off $475. Would have only ended up being around $40 more expensive than the first one but I didn't need a bigger sized one. In fact it would have been a minus for me given my cupboards and the fact I hardly ever make full pots.
For Sale:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)