Green / Eco-Friendly

Green/Eco-friendly laundry detergent - where to buy in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2016 12:46 pm
[OP]
Jan 31, 2013
91 posts
19 upvotes
Ottawa

Green/Eco-friendly laundry detergent - where to buy in Canada?

Hello there,

I am interested in trying out the following products: soap nuts (preferably Naturoli), Charlie's Soap and Seventh Generation laundry detergents. Does anyone know where I can buy these products online? I tried Amazon, but they do not deliver to Canada. Any tips on how to get a good deal or free shipment will be appreciated.
Thanks!
11 replies
Jan 10, 2010
348 posts
34 upvotes
Oakville
Try www.whatshotcanada.ca they sell the eco friendly laundry ball and soap nuts the laundry ball works better and is goof for the entire year works well and cold water
[OP]
Jan 31, 2013
91 posts
19 upvotes
Ottawa
osgoode3 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2013 9:15 pm
Try www.whatshotcanada.ca they sell the eco friendly laundry ball and soap nuts the laundry ball works better and is goof for the entire year works well and cold water
Thank you!
Jan 10, 2010
348 posts
34 upvotes
Oakville
The laundry ball is incredible if i had not seen it would not have believed it 1 laundry ball is good for over 300 loads and i use cold water have not noticed any difference in quality of my laundry but saving lots of money
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6197 posts
800 upvotes
Don't want to start a new topic so is there a Green/Eco softener as well ??
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6197 posts
800 upvotes
Just got the Smart Klean Ball for $25 at a local London Drugs, on sale from reg ~$45. Thx.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Jun 3, 2010
110 posts
876 upvotes
I have seen Seventh Generation at Independent.
no external links allowed in signatures
Dec 22, 2012
233 posts
22 upvotes
Is this stuff legit? Or is it like my co worker who only showers when his rain barrel is filled with rain water and swears he's as clean as someone who showers every day?

I'm highly intrigued with the Simply Klean Laundry Ball.
Apr 30, 2014
25 posts
Vancouver, BC
You can buy Seventh Gen. products at London Drugs, and I believe you can order them online as well (londondrugs.com) or pick up in store. Also, www.well.ca sells a bunch of eco/green laundry detergents, including soap nuts. They also have a ton of other eco/green products on their site. Definitely worth a look.

The other thing I might suggest is making your own laundry detergent, especially since there are countless recipes out there. I've made some myself because I like knowing what's in the products I use.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
6775 posts
694 upvotes
Consumer Reports tested these laundry balls, made little or no difference in a HE machine.

The mechanical action in a front load HE machine cleans well enough on its own, detergent or not.

But what's wrong with Nellie's sold at Costco?
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel