Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Green Ontario Fund

ON - new Gov't rebates for insulation heat pumps, etc

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2019 2:52 pm
Dec 4, 2011
341 posts
364 upvotes
Guelph
max1234 wrote: do you mind share the price ? thanks
Roughly...
7 Windows (the largest is about 50"×60", but a couple are small ~22"x30")
- incl one fixed casement, the rest single or double casement
~$6500 incl tax and install (before $3500 rebate).

I can provide more details when I return from this conference tomorrow.
May 31, 2016
182 posts
56 upvotes
gr33nscr33n wrote: I wouldn't waste your time on Brock. They have super high prices....WHEN YOU CAN ACTUALLY GET A QUOTE. I had to chase them down to send me my quote and it's been over a month and they still haven't sent it. If i have to chase you down to give you money and business then that's a huge NO.
Well they're supposedly coming out today. But from what you're saying, it sounds like it'll be hard to then get the quote afterwards from them?

Is there anyone else you would recommend?
Last edited by gmason86 on Feb 28th, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 31, 2016
182 posts
56 upvotes
Hotdiggety wrote: That's total nonsense. Repairs and replacements do not increase your property taxes.
Thanks! I thought so, but just thought I'd double check :-)
Jan 30, 2007
375 posts
487 upvotes
My brother got window quotes from a few companies including Platinum. Platinum call him yesterday asking if he made a decision and informed him that their prices are going up March 1st as they are getting too busy and won't be offering as much of a discount. Sounds like a pressure tactic, but I can see this happening as companies accept more contracts and get really busy.
May 31, 2016
182 posts
56 upvotes
MikeLucas wrote: We narrowed to three companies: Total Home, Brock and Platinum based on their reviews. Total Home Windows and Doors was cheaper by $2000 than Platinum and $3500 cheaper than Brock. Total Home Windows are coming from Vinyl-Pro, we visited the manufacture facility and were impressed with the quality of the windows. We have 6 pretty wide windows 34x53 on the front and want to put casement windows. Total Home representative offered to install multipoint lock that locks on the top as well which provides better air tightnese. We asked Platinum and Brock and they do not have such feature. So we decided to go with Total Home. 210 sq ft, most of them casements $10500 tax in, $5500 after rebates.
Thanks - I'll take a look into Total Home and Platinum as well.
Jan 14, 2017
300 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
From my experience they are on point when it comes to punctuality of the appointment, but after calling multiple times and and being told "yes! it's being sent to you today for sure!" over and over again I decided to forget about them. It's probably a good thing this happened now rather than later if I decided to sign with them.
Dec 26, 2004
710 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
We signed with a sales rep from Consumer's Choice. Nice guy, honest, straight forward and price was right for us.

If you're interested, PM me, and I can provide his number.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1525 posts
1657 upvotes
ON
Jerico wrote: They are decent enough. Would be in my top 5.
What is your top 5 list please?
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
Jan 23, 2002
261 posts
25 upvotes
Markham
Hi all,

Looking at improving my attic insulation and got a response from EcoComfort via email. I had filled out their contact form on the website. Has anyone used them and what was your experience?
They quoted me the following for a 2500 sq ft detached house:
Your attic space should be approx. 1250sqft.

We have a promotional R60+ top up package that includes:

Attic insulation top up to R60+, including existing insulation (18” depth)
Installation of baffles around attic perimeter continuously to maximize air intake into attic space
Insulation and air seal of attic space

This package is $1.20 per square foot. (1250 x $1.20 = $1500 + tax)

Upon completion, we will apply for the GreenON rebate for you on your behalf, and you will get $1250 back from the program.

I believe people were getting quotes for $1 per sq ft?

TIA
Nothing to see here
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2005
1198 posts
72 upvotes
Mississauga
Just got a quote from EcoComfort also at $1.2/sqft
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3497 posts
2144 upvotes
Etobicoke
Soler wrote: Hi all,

Looking at improving my attic insulation and got a response from EcoComfort via email. I had filled out their contact form on the website. Has anyone used them and what was your experience?

Installation of baffles around attic perimeter continuously to maximize air intake into attic space

Upon completion, we will apply for the GreenON rebate for you on your behalf, and you will get $1250 back from the program.

TIA
imnew wrote: Just got a quote from EcoComfort also at $1.2/sqft
I talked to four seasons today and guy told me its $1.10 per sqft. They were charging $1 per sqft before but he said that green on declined rebate. So now they are charing little more. Idk the real truth.

For more than 1000 sqft logik is best they charge you $1 per sqft. So you end up paying taxes only.

They charge minimum 1000sqft. So if your attic is less than 1000 sqft you will pay more.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2012
1096 posts
514 upvotes
Anyone with recommendations for a 1-1/2 storey with crawl spaces on either side and fiberglass on floor and knee wall?
Dec 25, 2006
280 posts
268 upvotes
Attention Ottawa:
Here is what could get so far $/sqf (tax included): 1.5, 1.64, 2.21, 2.34, 2.44, 3.5.

EPA
Mar 6, 2017
298 posts
231 upvotes
I'm interested in doing insulation for my attic.
Any good recommendation for Newmarket area?
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1865 posts
1262 upvotes
GTA
imnew wrote: Just got a quote from EcoComfort also at $1.2/sqft
We went with Ecocomfort earlier this month and got the same price quote per sq ft. I was very happy with them. They install baffles in every available rafter. I believe Logic only does every 4th rafter. I have a solar powered roof fan so the more circulation, the better for me. They also topped it from R20 to R60. The dam surrounding the hatch was not tall enough to accomodate the amount of insulation they added, so the used cardboard to build up the surround a few inches. The crew were efficient and cleaned up. They added batt insulation to the hatch and sealed it. They also noticed the bathroom fans were not sealed properly, causing moist air to leak into the attic. They fixed those at not additional cost. The crew of 3 were in and out in 2.5 hours. It think their price is a great value and would recommend them.
May 31, 2016
182 posts
56 upvotes
gr33nscr33n wrote: From my experience they are on point when it comes to punctuality of the appointment, but after calling multiple times and and being told "yes! it's being sent to you today for sure!" over and over again I decided to forget about them. It's probably a good thing this happened now rather than later if I decided to sign with them.
Very true. I guess we'll still keep the appointment, but I'll definitely bear your experience in mind. Thank you!

Any others you'd recommend?

Graham.
Jan 14, 2017
300 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
gmason86 wrote: Very true. I guess we'll still keep the appointment, but I'll definitely bear your experience in mind. Thank you!

Any others you'd recommend?

Graham.
I received quotes from George Kent and Platinum. Both were comparable and had great service but found that Platinum took the time to sit down with us in a coffee shop and work out exactly what kind of window we wanted and gave us the quote on the spot after we selected everything. We ended up signing with Platinum for 10 windows at $15000 all-in before rebate.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2006
1204 posts
468 upvotes
Mississauga
I had guy coming from Logikroof back in Jan and provided me quote. They were gonna do the attic insulation mid Feb and I still have not received called from them. any other company recommendation for Mississauga area with $1sq/Ft attic insulation?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5602 posts
4000 upvotes
GTA
djjungly wrote: I had guy coming from Logikroof back in Jan and provided me quote. They were gonna do the attic insulation mid Feb and I still have not received called from them. any other company recommendation for Mississauga area with $1sq/Ft attic insulation?
Tropical Insulation.
Jan 2, 2008
18 posts
2 upvotes
smithsfalls
I think 19" is r50 and 23 " is r60??? they diff is 4" more

Soler wrote: Hi all,

TIA
Last edited by OV66 on Feb 28th, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)