Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Green Ontario Fund

ON - new Gov't rebates for insulation heat pumps, etc

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2019 2:52 pm
Nov 22, 2010
277 posts
92 upvotes
For Logik 1000 Sqft is standard minimum.
roofgoof wrote: Logik came to my house and measured the attic to be around 1100Sq.Ft while another approved insulation company came yesterday and measured it to be 775 Sq. Ft. :S

Their quote was around $1.3 or $1.4 per Sq. Ft. though.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5739 upvotes
Jerico wrote: I’m sorry I cant find anyone in your area I feel comfortable recommending.
all right..no problem..thank you...in case u come across in the future..do let me or us know ...thank you
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3946 posts
2937 upvotes
Markham
tempchum wrote: I have contacted one contractor who told me that insulation of ceiling above garage is not covered by GreenON rebate but I heard different stories in RFD.
yes its confusing. Asked GreenON and they said if there is living space above the garage, it "should be" covered and advised me to ask the contractor as contractor does the submission... I am kind of speechless after that and just say thanks and hang up. Wish the answer is more concrete especially they are the one issuing the rebate NOT the contractor...
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
wongmb wrote: yes its confusing. Asked GreenON and they said if there is living space above the garage, it "should be" covered and advised me to ask the contractor as contractor does the submission... I am kind of speechless after that and just say thanks and hang up. Wish the answer is more concrete especially they are the one issuing the rebate NOT the contractor...
And the contractor has to call GreenOn and round and round we go.
Dec 12, 2007
981 posts
454 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone got the rebate successfully back from Green ON yet in regards to attic / windows etc?
Apr 3, 2010
581 posts
845 upvotes
If anyone's interested in North Star windows in Toronto, give Toby at Bayview Windows a call:

http://www.bayviewwindows.com/

This is a family-run company, and Toby is the owner. He used to do a lot of the installation work himself, although I don't know if he still does. He replaced most of my windows 10 years ago, and did an excellent job. The only issue I had was a spontaneous crack in one window pane, which developed a couple of months after installation. Toby replaced it right away, and I've had no further issues with the windows. He also gave me the best quote for North Star windows, much better than Brock. I highly recommend this company.

He seems to have taken some time getting onto the participating contractor list with GreenON, but he is finally on it now.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4639 posts
799 upvotes
Toronto
I called a contractor(did the attic insulation for my in law a few years ago) yesterday and he said the Mar 31st is not the expiration date for the rebate(attic insulation), he asked me to call back on Mar 30/31 to book an appointment in April. So no rush.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12349 posts
5403 upvotes
rui wrote: I called a contractor(did the attic insulation for my in law a few years ago) yesterday and he said the Mar 31st is not the expiration date for the rebate(attic insulation), he asked me to call back on Mar 30/31 to book an appointment in April. So no rush.
Ecocomfort told me even though rebate is set to expire end of March it's not really expiring and will be "renewed"
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Dec 1, 2003
608 posts
250 upvotes
Ottawa
Any recommendation which contractor/company for ottawa area for window installation?
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3946 posts
2937 upvotes
Markham
rui wrote: I called a contractor(did the attic insulation for my in law a few years ago) yesterday and he said the Mar 31st is not the expiration date for the rebate(attic insulation), he asked me to call back on Mar 30/31 to book an appointment in April. So no rush.
yes I can confirm that via speaking to GreenOn over the phone. The Mar31 deadline is the deadline to support fiscal 2017 rebate application (or 12 months within completion of project), not expiry of the program. They have a section on their website to talk about that too. Given the unsulation program is brand new only started Dec 17 last year, hard to imagine they will expire it already for end of this month. But yes a lot of contractors are super busy last few weeks as most think it ends this month.
Aug 29, 2007
345 posts
159 upvotes
new936 wrote: Logik did my attic on Feb 14th. Last week received a receipt from them for the payment. Yesterday got the call from the Logik asking about "How old is the furnace?" as they are going to submit rebate application! Still waiting for the email from the Green Ontario as proof they really submitted papers;)
Interesting. I had my attic done on Feb 24 by logik, and I got the invoice last week (Mar 14). Still no email from GreenON though. I'll follow up with them to see what's happening. Shouldn't take this long to submit the application.
Dec 26, 2004
710 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
will660 wrote: Interesting. I had my attic done on Feb 24 by logik, and I got the invoice last week (Mar 14). Still no email from GreenON though. I'll follow up with them to see what's happening. Shouldn't take this long to submit the application.
I am on a similar timeline as you... Logik did mine on March 8th... they sent me the bill on March 20th, I paid them on March 20th... and no rebate email either....yet.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3293 posts
988 upvotes
will660 wrote: Interesting. I had my attic done on Feb 24 by logik, and I got the invoice last week (Mar 14). Still no email from GreenON though. I'll follow up with them to see what's happening. Shouldn't take this long to submit the application.
thedonald wrote: I am on a similar timeline as you... Logik did mine on March 8th... they sent me the bill on March 20th, I paid them on March 20th... and no rebate email either....yet.
They didn’t ask for payment day of installation? I had to pay them day of
Dec 26, 2004
710 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
rogerrabbit168 wrote: They didn’t ask for payment day of installation? I had to pay them day of
No, they didn't.... or at least didn't press the issue. I wasn't there at the time (couldn't be)... and I told them to email me the bill and the GreenON form they wanted me to fill out and I would pay then.

It took them a while to do that... but they finally did..and I paid without hesitation.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3293 posts
988 upvotes
thedonald wrote: No, they didn't.... or at least didn't press the issue. I wasn't there at the time (couldn't be)... and I told them to email me the bill and the GreenON form they wanted me to fill out and I would pay then.

It took them a while to do that... but they finally did..and I paid without hesitation.

I see, I paid them day off and fill the form day of (they brought it with them) for the green on, I didn’t get a receipt unless you meant the actual contract that was sign? Thx
Aug 29, 2007
345 posts
159 upvotes
rogerrabbit168 wrote: I see, I paid them day off and fill the form day of (they brought it with them) for the green on, I didn’t get a receipt unless you meant the actual contract that was sign? Thx
I paid and completed the GreenON form on the day of the installation (Feb 24th). I got the invoice Mar 14. I think the invoice was from their quicken software, so it could be them reconciling and entering the transaction on their end afterwards.
Dec 12, 2007
981 posts
454 upvotes
Toronto
Don’t go with Constant Home Comfort.

A few weeks back I got a quote from them. After the quote they were extremely pushy and wanted me to agree on the spot to go with them without even time to think about it.

They kept asking me “ what’s holding u back?”

Then they started lowering their numbers to the point where I only had to pay $100.

I felt it was extremely sketchy and I asked them to leave.

One of the guy basically said “ it’s too far for me to come back if u don’t agree with me now I’m not coming back”

Lol sure u don’t need to come back but why the attitude and pushing ?

This is after they repeatedly called me to ask if I was interested in obtaining a quote with them, as I didn’t pick up some of their calls since I was busy at work. They mentioned this as a complimentary quote as well. What does that mean to them ??

Sounds like they’re so desperate for business.

Anyways they just gave me a bad vibe so I didn’t want to go with them
Sep 21, 2008
494 posts
31 upvotes
YYZ/YUL
Has anyone received their $100 cheque for the smart thermostat yet? I installed my nest and registered at the end of Dec 2017 and haven't heard a peep since
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3946 posts
2937 upvotes
Markham
phoenix_bladen wrote: Don’t go with Constant Home Comfort.

A few weeks back I got a quote from them. After the quote they were extremely pushy and wanted me to agree on the spot to go with them without even time to think about it.

They kept asking me “ what’s holding u back?”

Then they started lowering their numbers to the point where I only had to pay $100.

I felt it was extremely sketchy and I asked them to leave.

One of the guy basically said “ it’s too far for me to come back if u don’t agree with me now I’m not coming back”

Lol sure u don’t need to come back but why the attitude and pushing ?

This is after they repeatedly called me to ask if I was interested in obtaining a quote with them, as I didn’t pick up some of their calls since I was busy at work. They mentioned this as a complimentary quote as well. What does that mean to them ??

Sounds like they’re so desperate for business.

Anyways they just gave me a bad vibe so I didn’t want to go with them
It seems there are a few "new startup" type shops that looks to make few quick $$$ off these various rebate programs unfortunately. Be careful with attic insulation as most guys can essentially rent a machine, buy the material from hardware store and do it. Also I believe price have gone up just because of the rebate program too... sigh
Jul 3, 2003
157 posts
113 upvotes
Has anyone who has used Logik Roofing successfully claimed the rebate yet? My understanding of the process is:

1) Logik does the work.
2) Logik submits paperwork for rebate to the Gov't.
3) You receive an email from Gov't to let you know they received the application.
4) You wait 6-8 weeks for the cheque in the mail.

Logik did a bunch of houses around my neighbourhood more than two weeks ago but I haven't heard anything related to the rebate and when calling, they seem disorganized/confused. Sorry if this info is buried in this 172 page thread - I couldn't find anything in a search. Thanks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)