Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Green Ontario Fund

ON - new Gov't rebates for insulation heat pumps, etc

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2019 2:52 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Mazda323 wrote: I need to replace 1 window as the second upgrade so that I can get the rebates. Called Eco Choice Windows and Doors but they said they just deal with customer who has at least 4 windows to be replaced. Any recommendation in KW area except Tricity Windows and Doors?
Tricity had argues with customer according BBB reviews.
Right now no GreenOn window contractor will touch a single window. Even when it’s slow you will pay for labour on 3 windows to get one put in. Who wants to burn a day for $100 gross when they could gross $1,000?
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
1541 posts
763 upvotes
T Dot
djjungly wrote: anyone can recommend window guys in Mississauga area ?
Get a quote from Panes window from Mississauga.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2004
1031 posts
458 upvotes
Mississauga
RCOnline wrote: I just told the rep that my submission has been in pending for the last 4 weeks, can they tell me what's the delay?
She went to check and came back saying "It's approved".
No errors in submission.
Mine has been submitted since April 25. They told me there were no issues either, I called in. Yet it hasn't changed status since!!
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
2926 posts
1499 upvotes
djjungly wrote: anyone can recommend window guys in Mississauga area ?
I just used Galaxy Windows and they did a great job.
Apr 4, 2015
7 posts
1 upvote
Welland, ON
Has anyone heard anything about Entry Doors being included in the Green On Rebate? I have loosely heard rumblings about it but can not find anything online.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2004
1041 posts
228 upvotes
Hamilton
Mod_Master wrote: Mine has been submitted since April 25. They told me there were no issues either, I called in. Yet it hasn't changed status since!!
I called today and was told that nobody will look at my application for 8-12 weeks so they can not tell if anything is missing at this point... The person that answers the phones does nothing more than check the online status- same as I can do. Pretty useless service I would say, but that should be expected from any government agency...
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.” ― Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Sep 13, 2012
5 posts
Waterloo
Jerico wrote: Right now no GreenOn window contractor will touch a single window. Even when it’s slow you will pay for labour on 3 windows to get one put in. Who wants to burn a day for $100 gross when they could gross $1,000?
Can anyone recommend manufacturer, type of window, and an installer that would install at least 10 windows in Waterloo?
Jul 20, 2017
568 posts
125 upvotes
anybody heard anything about post election GreenOn? is maybe a minority government the best ?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1025 posts
344 upvotes
will660 wrote: Just a quick question for anyone who called and got their rebate approved moments after, did you ask the rep to expedite the process or ask that they have someone review it right away? I called and the rep just told me that the application is now back to submitted status (logik had to resubmit the invoice as the original didn't have the full address) and that it is now back in the queue. Just wondering if you guys had to nudge the rep on the phone to push your application further along....
Nope. When I called in...they just said that everything is now looking good and that I should stay patient. I didn't think there was anything else that I could do so that was that. Literally 2 minutes later, my status changed.

You can go to Post #3311 to and see my loooong process.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3946 posts
2935 upvotes
Markham
For those who has been sitting in "submitted" status for a month and no progress, you can call in and ask for an update. If you are lucky and get a good agent to pick up your call, they can "update" for you real time assuming there are no missing info, etc
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1821 posts
1999 upvotes
in and out in like 15-20mins with the survey. Setup my google assistant to the ecobee and it works great. Nest might have better support down the road but the ecobee's screen looks way better and more premium.
Aug 29, 2007
345 posts
159 upvotes
savemoresaveoften wrote: For those who has been sitting in "submitted" status for a month and no progress, you can call in and ask for an update. If you are lucky and get a good agent to pick up your call, they can "update" for you real time assuming there are no missing info, etc
I tried to call in but unfortunately, didn't get one of the "good" agents.... Got a guy that just told me to wait. couldn't tell me if the resubmission was any good or if I need to go back to the contractor. now I'm afraid 5-6 weeks later, they'll come back with another "inconsequential problem" and waste more of my time.
Nov 11, 2010
415 posts
96 upvotes
GTA
The terms and indications of basement insulation mention the following
Basement Insulation Incentive:
To be eligible for the basement insulation incentive of up to $1,900 (i.e., $2 per square foot, up to a maximum of $1,900), you must:

satisfy all of the eligibility requirements listed in 1(a) above; and
(ii) have a Participating Contractor replace or increase existing basement wall insulation at an existing home to achieve a total overall wall R-value of at least R-20.
My house is fairly new (less than 2 years) and has full wall to wall insulation in the basement, but not ceiling insulation. Has anybody tried to get their basement ceiling insulation done under this scheme?
Dec 13, 2017
26 posts
7 upvotes
NubNub wrote: That's If he wins. Go vote NDP to save GreenON.
Tempting but I shouldn't be asking our unborn grandchildren to pay the cheque amount, especially with all the interest.
Apr 13, 2005
247 posts
49 upvotes
Rebate status has been in review for over a month. I just called in to check on the status and the rep said because she had me on the line - she would review it right away and she did! Approved it in under a minute. Well worth the call.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1530 posts
963 upvotes
GTA
freakoutguy wrote: The terms and indications of basement insulation mention the following

My house is fairly new (less than 2 years) and has full wall to wall insulation in the basement, but not ceiling insulation. Has anybody tried to get their basement ceiling insulation done under this scheme?
Is your basement ceiling the floor of your main floor within the envelop of the house? Wouldn't you be better served insulating the roof?
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1209 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
diyextrordinaire wrote: Tempting but I shouldn't be asking our unborn grandchildren to pay the cheque amount, especially with all the interest.
This is funded by the Cap and Trade ponzi scheme. So everyone, excluding the unborn, is already paying for this by driving gas cars. Might as well recoup some of that gas tax back by going green.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3150 posts
2246 upvotes
Windows

We are happy to inform you that your rebate submission has been approved! You will receive your GreenON Rebates cheque for a total of x in the mail within 2-4 weeks.
If you have any questions about your application, feel free to contact us at rebatepayments@greenON.ca or call GreenON Support at 1-888-728-8444 and select option 4 when prompted.
Thank you for participating in the GreenON Rebates program and taking steps to fight climate change. If you are looking for more ways to reduce your carbon footprint, please visit GreenON.ca
Pour obtenir de l'aide en français, appelez-nous au 1-888-728-8444 et nous serons plus qu'heureux de vous aider. Nous sommes disponibles du lundi au vendredi 9h-17h ET.
Sincerely
GreenON Ontario Fund
Feb 7, 2018
81 posts
5 upvotes
Jerico wrote: I did my own DIY and it made a huge difference.
Why didn't you go through the rebate? Wouldn't it have been cheaper?
Feb 7, 2018
81 posts
5 upvotes
cappatrat wrote: Job was done last week in march by great northen insulation.
How long did it take between your contract signing date and your install date?