Expired Hot Deals

[GreenOn] ON only - Free Smart Thermostat program is back

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2019 3:35 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
3056 posts
581 upvotes
I decided to opt out, since you will loose extra features which Carrier thermostat can offer. Too bad that interface with furnaces is not open sourced.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
16568 posts
8928 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
romsan04 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 8:16 am
I decided to opt out, since you will loose extra features which Carrier thermostat can offer. Too bad that interface with furnaces is not open sourced.
What features?

I have a Carrier Infinity thermostat currently installed. GreenON is scheduled to install an Ecobee in April. My plan is to keep the Infinity in case Carrier needs it to service our furnace/AC. Instead I intend to give the installer an old Honeywell thermostat if s/he needs to bring a "scalp" back to their office.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
3056 posts
581 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 8:36 am
What features?

I have a Carrier Infinity thermostat currently installed. GreenON is scheduled to install an Ecobee in April. My plan is to keep the Infinity in case Carrier needs it to service our furnace/AC. Instead I intend to give the installer an old Honeywell thermostat if s/he needs to bring a "scalp" back to their office.
All of the diagnostics, control of the modulating motor and anything else is which they built in. Basically your furnace becomes one or may be two stage.... Kind of looses all the benefits which I paid extra for.
There is another thread in home & garden where they discussed this.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
16568 posts
8928 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
romsan04 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 8:42 am
All of the diagnostics, control of the modulating motor and anything else is which they built in. Basically your furnace becomes one or may be two stage.... Kind of looses all the benefits which I paid extra for.
There is another thread in home & garden where they discussed this.
Thanks. Do you recall the name of the thread? All I could find is Are GreenON/similar rebates applicable switching from programmable thermostat to smart/wifi connected thermostat? which isn't very specific.
veni, vidi, Visa
Nov 28, 2009
407 posts
202 upvotes
Pickering
Does anyone have a 2nd thermostat installed in the basement or 2nd floor if you have a 2 story home? I'm purchased and installed the ecobee4 applied for the $100 rebate, called in they said I can still apply for the free thermostat which includes the energy audit will give them my old thermostat. Was thinking of setting up the ecobee3 lite on 2nd floor.
Mar 22, 2018
53 posts
25 upvotes
How long does it take to receive email to schedule an appointment.
I signed up on March 15.
I received a confirmation the day I signed up and since then nothing.
Last edited by rhalim2020 on Mar 27th, 2018 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21086 posts
10548 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
rhalim2020 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 9:35 am
How long does it take to receive email to schedule an appointment.
I signed up on March 15.
I reviewed a confirmation the day I signed up and since then nothing.
I signed my mom up for the original go around on August 30th of last year and she had hers installed 2 weeks ago.

I think you'll have a bit of waiting to do.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Jan 16, 2007
965 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
Damn, called the 1888 number to get a confirmation of my June date installation appointment I made online. The CSR knew about the June date, but says it's not valid. So she booked me an April date instead.
Good thing I called for confirmation.
Feb 24, 2003
384 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
Well, signed up last Thursday via the website, I picked the first available install date (this morning between 8am-noon). I didn't have to call the main phone number to schedule. The installers came at the end of the promised window, installed the Ecobee Lite (as requested, no arguments). They installed a PEK on the furnace. They insisted on taking my old thermostat away with them (no big deal).

note: I have 4 wires running to the thermostat.

I'm 100% satisfied!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
9651 posts
1325 upvotes
Whats the difference between the 3 types of thermostats?

Also if I live in a condo townhouse, am I eligible?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
16568 posts
8928 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
speedyforme wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 1:46 pm
Whats the difference between the 3 types of thermostats?
Google. Lots of differences. Only you can determine which ones are significant to you.
Also if I live in a condo townhouse, am I eligible?
Yes.
veni, vidi, Visa
Oct 26, 2017
9 posts
2 upvotes
My Friend told me they will charge $10/month that will adjust in your gas bill. Is it true ?
Nov 13, 2009
470 posts
81 upvotes
Somewhere N of 49th …
It's too bad they only included those 3 and not Mysa..I have electric heated units and these 3 are not compatible.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16663 posts
6521 upvotes
Oakville
AdnanK542680 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 1:58 pm
My Friend told me they will charge $10/month that will adjust in your gas bill. Is it true ?
I have no idea what your friend is talking about, but no, there's no charge (aside from what we're all already paying due to the Carbon Tax.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Aug 3, 2011
910 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
bitbrain wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 1:22 pm
Well, signed up last Thursday via the website, I picked the first available install date (this morning between 8am-noon). I didn't have to call the main phone number to schedule. The installers came at the end of the promised window, installed the Ecobee Lite (as requested, no arguments). They installed a PEK on the furnace. They insisted on taking my old thermostat away with them (no big deal).

note: I have 4 wires running to the thermostat.

I'm 100% satisfied!
What # did you call ?
I registered last week and called them, got the reply that I have to wait long.