• Feb 12th, 2019 4:28 pm
Feb 24, 2003
382 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
ritz1010 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 2:39 pm
What # did you call ?
I registered last week and called them, got the reply that I have to wait long.
i did not call anyone. I just signed up on the website
Nov 4, 2008
254 posts
339 upvotes
Toronto
easy-e wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 3:36 pm
I signed up on March 15th and just got an email today telling me that technicians were in my area (Greenwood-Coxwell/Leslieville) and asking me to pick the thermostat I wanted. This was much faster than when I helped my parents order one for their place back in August...that took 4 months.
Update: I got an email notification the day before my installation date to remind me of my appointment. On the day of, the technician called me 5 minutes before arriving at my home and the install took about 30ish minutes. I got the ecobee and they had to install the PEK. The whole process from sign up day to installation day, which was 12 days, went super smooth.
Aug 3, 2011
869 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
Its kind of strange. Some are getting installation for sign ups from last year and lucky ones like you in 12 days.
Good for you
Aug 3, 2011
869 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
Its kind of strange. Some are getting installation for sign ups from last year and lucky ones like you in 12 days.
Good for you
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1435 posts
87 upvotes
Hmm saw it posted somewhere that the ecobee and Nest do not support humidifiers? Can anyone comment on the Honeywell or if there's any other option if I want to go through with this program?

Thanks!
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20955 posts
10299 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
easy-e wrote:
Mar 28th, 2018 9:50 am
Update: I got an email notification the day before my installation date to remind me of my appointment. On the day of, the technician called me 5 minutes before arriving at my home and the install took about 30ish minutes. I got the ecobee and they had to install the PEK. The whole process from sign up day to installation day, which was 12 days, went super smooth.
lol you should go buy yourself a lottery ticket. You just won't the government handout lottery there. 12 days turnaround time is insane.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Nov 4, 2008
254 posts
339 upvotes
Toronto
EscaBoi wrote:
Mar 28th, 2018 10:19 am
Hmm saw it posted somewhere that the ecobee and Nest do not support humidifiers? Can anyone comment on the Honeywell or if there's any other option if I want to go through with this program?

Thanks!
Just for kicks, I asked the technicians who came to install the ecobee how many people went with the Honeywell. They joked that it was usually "older" people who went with that because they were used to the Honeywell brand. More importantly, apparently my furnace wiring wouldn't even support the Honeywell. It needed pretty specific wiring and I would need to get a contractor to come do some rewiring before I could get the Honeywell. They said it was pretty much a 50/50 split for the ecobee and the Nest.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
8098 posts
1863 upvotes
Has anyone got Nest recently? That's the one I requested and may get the second choice of Ecobee. (I have other Nest products)
Ask me about the AMEX Air Miles Reserve Credit Card. A much better way to redeem your Dream Air Miles.
Mar 22, 2018
44 posts
22 upvotes
I just received an email today to book an appointment. I signed up on March 15, 2018 appointment scheduled about 2 weeks from now.
Banned
May 29, 2009
399 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
bobcat99 wrote:
Mar 28th, 2018 10:46 am
Has anyone got Nest recently? That's the one I requested and may get the second choice of Ecobee. (I have other Nest products)
You can change your mind at the last minute because the installer should have other thermostats in his van. I selected Ecobee on registration but changed to Nest when the installer show up. I did not regret for the change.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20955 posts
10299 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
tempchum wrote:
Mar 28th, 2018 11:15 am
You can change your mind at the last minute because the installer should have other thermostats in his van. I selected Ecobee on registration but changed to Nest when the installer show up. I did not regret for the change.
why did you change to the nest? Based on the research I've done I can't find one benefit to getting the nest over ecobee (unless of course you already have nest products/are invested in the nest ecosystem)
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Apr 13, 2009
636 posts
166 upvotes
rhalim2020 wrote:
Mar 28th, 2018 10:50 am
I just received an email today to book an appointment. I signed up on March 15, 2018 appointment scheduled about 2 weeks from now.
I hope you realize that today is March 28 already.
Banned
May 29, 2009
399 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote:
Mar 28th, 2018 11:25 am
why did you change to the nest? Based on the research I've done I can't find one benefit to getting the nest over ecobee (unless of course you already have nest products/are invested in the nest ecosystem)
The design of Nest is more simple. I like the fact that Nest is owned by google and will likely have better support and supplementary device in the future.
Mar 27, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
Crazy fast time in Toronto.
Registered date = March 21 (thanks RFD)
Booking Now date = March 26
Installation date = March 30

Same time frame for my friend as well. Guess their queues are in LIFO mode.
Mar 22, 2018
44 posts
22 upvotes
TE7 wrote:
Mar 28th, 2018 11:34 am
I hope you realize that today is March 28 already.
What I meant it took 2 weeks to receive the email to schedule an appointment. About 2 weeks from today is my installation.
All in all process takes about a month