Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
GreenOn

ON only - Free Smart Thermostat program is back

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2019 3:35 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20470 upvotes
bylo wrote: What are the chances that with Trump "Lite" Ford now in charge this program dies a sudden death? Yoooge would be my guess.
Why does it matter anyway. We have all had plenty of time to jump on the free thermostat deal. If my gasoline costs go down 10₵ per litre as promised, bonus!
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2829 posts
1032 upvotes
Vaughan
I set a fan schedule on the Nest E to run 15 minutes every house from 10pm to 4am. Last night I didnt have the AC (or heat) on and not once did I hear the fan go on. Does the fan only run when AC or heat is on? Would be a pretty bad design flaw if that were true.
Public Mobile $34/50GB-CAN-US/30 days
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
6245 posts
1779 upvotes
Anyone else get emails asking them to reschedule their appointment. I got like 5 of these "we may need to reschedule your appointment" emails.

EMAIL:

We are experiencing high demand for GreenON Installation appointments in your area. Unfortunately, we may need to reschedule your appointment date, but we have opened up additional dates and times in early June and July! If you are able to reschedule your appointment to a different date, please visit our scheduling system, click here.

So I decided to click the link, and it basically took me to the booking page and says thanks for rescheduling.... I didn't select a new date... so I am hoping i still have my original appointment date.

Anyone else get this?
Oct 19, 2006
524 posts
179 upvotes
Peterborough
Looks like it is full.. so no more sign ups. [removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 10th, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed
Peterboro..ON
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11276 upvotes
jmalias wrote: Looks like it is full.. so no more sign ups. [removed]
It's been full for months.

[removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 10th, 2018 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: part of quote and your response removed
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2016
1499 posts
2036 upvotes
Carp
I received a phone call and email to move my appointment date. I'm now scheduled for 2 weeks earlier... agent said something along the lines of they're trying to hurry up and get installs done.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
azncapcom wrote: Anyone else get emails asking them to reschedule their appointment. I got like 5 of these "we may need to reschedule your appointment" emails.

EMAIL:

We are experiencing high demand for GreenON Installation appointments in your area. Unfortunately, we may need to reschedule your appointment date, but we have opened up additional dates and times in early June and July! If you are able to reschedule your appointment to a different date, please visit our scheduling system, click here.

So I decided to click the link, and it basically took me to the booking page and says thanks for rescheduling.... I didn't select a new date... so I am hoping i still have my original appointment date.

Anyone else get this?
I got reschedule email once but the funny thing was that i was able to reschedule to an earlier date haha. Originally was supposed to be June 22nd or so but i moved it up to today and just finished having it installed. Not sure which thermostat i picked but i got the Nest Thermostat E.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2002
1304 posts
146 upvotes
Kingston ON
Got my Ecobee today. They were scheduled from 12-4 pm. but called and came early. Took about 1/2 an hour in and out including setting up the app. Took 30 seconds to add it to the Home mini.
Thanks OP (and GreenOn)
Carlos

Free be Freebie
May 29, 2006
497 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote: I got reschedule email once but the funny thing was that i was able to reschedule to an earlier date haha. Originally was supposed to be June 22nd or so but i moved it up to today and just finished having it installed. Not sure which thermostat i picked but i got the Nest Thermostat E.
Lucky you. My appointment on 06/17 was cancelled and reschedule next Monday 06/25. At least they called me on Saturday to let me know the no show.
Apr 25, 2006
425 posts
199 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone happen to know if it was a limit of 1 per household? I couldn't find anything in the terms about it. I had an appointment approved for the installation of the 2nd one in my basement apartment that has a separate thermostat although the wires were too big since the people that did renovations last time connected thermostat wiring to regular electrical wiring. I ended up getting new wire run and had rescheduled a tech. GreenON had to cancel that appointment and emailed me to reschedule, then emailed again saying it's a limit of 1 per household and now they won't get back to me. Anyone know if there's any other options or am I out of luck for the 2nd one?
Feb 18, 2006
220 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
So does that mean scheduled installations are all cancelled?
Dec 17, 2017
6 posts
Kitchener
If you’re already signed up for a rebate, it will be honoured if:

You have a signed work agreement with a participating contractor for work that will be completed by August 31, 2018
Your rebate application is submitted by September 30, 2018
Feb 18, 2006
220 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Is the online sign up considered signed agreement Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Jul 20, 2017
568 posts
125 upvotes
can I still buy and install a thermostat today and claim the enbridge rebate?
Dec 16, 2010
472 posts
565 upvotes
Here is an article on the cancelation of this program.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark ... x-cut.html

If you’re already signed up for a rebate, it will be honoured if:

You have a signed work agreement with a participating contractor for work that will be completed by August 31, 2018
Your rebate application is submitted by September 30, 2018
Banned
Dec 3, 2010
261 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
I was suppose to get mines on the 6th of June. The tech showed up and told me that I wasn’t eligible for it, my thermostat was programable(not smart though). I found out that my cousin got his and he had the exact same thermostat as mines. Did the tech just scam my thermostat? He told me to answer a few questions and sign something.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
oAndrew8 wrote: I was suppose to get mines on the 6th of June. The tech showed up and told me that I wasn’t eligible for it, my thermostat was programable(not smart though). I found out that my cousin got his and he had the exact same thermostat as mines. Did the tech just scam my thermostat? He told me to answer a few questions and sign something.
Very well might have. There were certain Honeywell thermostats that were not eligible and ones that connect to your wi-fi I think were not as well.

My mom was supposed to have hers installed on June 6th. Got an email before that date saying they were running behind schedule and had to change dates. Looks like she just screwed out of the deal. Oh well.
Jun 1, 2017
12 posts
Hamilton
Okay, this program is now closed.

I was just doing my research of getting a new thermostat last night, and was thinking of ordering it today if possible, and I found this news today :/
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5148 posts
1070 upvotes
just an update for those with a scheduled installation date. Confirmed over the phone with GreenON that if you have a scheduled installation date BEFORE Aug 30th your install will still be honored.
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)