Green / Eco-Friendly

Are GreenON/similar rebates applicable switching from programmable thermostat to smart/wifi connected thermostat?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2018 5:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3116 posts
281 upvotes
Mississauga

Are GreenON/similar rebates applicable switching from programmable thermostat to smart/wifi connected thermostat?

4 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3742 posts
658 upvotes
Not exactly. I had them come to my house last year and they guy couldn't do it. Mine is a Carrier Infinity Control unit. He said it can't be done. Even broke loose my unit when he was trying to take it off by force.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
2026 posts
458 upvotes
Windsor
bk2the6ix wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 1:20 pm
I just had mine done, so I put a cheap thermostat in place of my middle-expensive 7-day WiFi one just in case. When the guy came here, he said he would have replaced anything that was there, though that doesn't mean I would have qualified for the program.

I also asked to keep my old thermostat ($20 Honeywell jobber), and he was OK with that.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2687 posts
539 upvotes
Oshawa
I sold my old White Rodgers Thermostat for $10 last year ... it was replaced with the Honeywell. Now I have to give up the Honeywell. Dang! Should have kept the old thermostat!
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)