• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2017 7:01 pm
[OP]
Jun 5, 2017
129 posts
6 upvotes
Guelph, Ont

Grocery stores that sell samosas

any grocery stores that sell samosas. i cant find a place in the guelph area that does sell them.
23 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3222 posts
571 upvotes
London
Superstore in London has them, does Guelph have one?
Nov 7, 2012
660 posts
233 upvotes
TORONTO
No Frills.... well the ones here in GTA do. Not sure if Guelph has a Chinese grocery store like TnT... they for sure have them.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2099 posts
213 upvotes
Mississauga
akswun wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 9:26 am
No Frills.... well the ones here in GTA do. Not sure if Guelph has a Chinese grocery store like TnT... they for sure have them.
Since when is samosa Chinese????

Regardless, those from the store arent good anyways. Better to get the fresh stuff from a proper Indian shop.
Nov 7, 2012
660 posts
233 upvotes
TORONTO
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 11:09 am
Since when is samosa Chinese????

Regardless, those from the store arent good anyways. Better to get the fresh stuff from a proper Indian shop.
Chinese grocery stores carry a variety of ethnic foods. Indian, west Indian etc....

OP is from Guelph. There could possibly be an Indian restaurant there that does Samosas. If OP was from the GTA... it would be a different story, we would all be blasting out suggestions on our favorite samosa place.

But I highly doubt there would be a Canbe, Spiceland, Samosa King etc in Guelph. HENCE my suggestions on getting boxed samosas.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1433 posts
365 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Samosa from a store? Drive to Brampton and stock up on them from a restaurant. Freeze them.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6945 posts
1444 upvotes
Toronto
i find it hard to believe you can't get good samosas from an indian store in guelph. after a quick google search and I came up with India Spice House. there must be a few others around as well.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Jun 4, 2006
413 posts
42 upvotes
Castlemore
Golden Indian Food and Spices
A2 - 1400 Weber Street East
Kitchener

They have fresh and frozen samosas and Indian groceries.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3775 posts
730 upvotes
Sask.
My son likes the ones from Sobeys.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2307 posts
147 upvotes
Really? I'd expect to at least find one or two small Indian restaurant in almost every neighbourhood.
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 11:48 am
i find it hard to believe you can't get good samosas from an indian store in guelph. after a quick google search and I came up with India Spice House. there must be a few others around as well.
Yea.
[OP]
Jun 5, 2017
129 posts
6 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
Carbooja wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 4:06 pm
Golden Indian Food and Spices
A2 - 1400 Weber Street East
Kitchener

They have fresh and frozen samosas and Indian groceries.
maybe ill check this place out.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11211 posts
1540 upvotes
Toronto
Some Shopper's drug mart stores have fresh samosas in their "ready to eat" section, but it's only a 454g clear package.
They're on sale right now for only $3.99, but each samosa seems to be small. (also, no in store microwave, lol)
-Look for the Shoppers drug mart locations that also claim to have food and grocery, along with a "ready to eat" section-
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4859 posts
734 upvotes
There is a Freshco in Brampton that sells them...I think the banner on the outside says something different about these stores. "Chalo"?

They are quite good, I like the spinach one.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
3025 posts
675 upvotes
If you like samosas you should really try to get your hands on freshly made samosas that are still hot out of the fryer. Anything less than this is not justice to a samosa. Food companies have found creative ways to sell things that look like a samosa both on the outside and with the filling but I can't eat these because I know what the real thing really tastes like. Call me a samosa snob but you might want to even try making these yourself. There is no substitute.
Jun 4, 2006
413 posts
42 upvotes
Castlemore
choclover wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 11:36 am
If you like samosas you should really try to get your hands on freshly made samosas that are still hot out of the fryer. Anything less than this is not justice to a samosa. Food companies have found creative ways to sell things that look like a samosa both on the outside and with the filling but I can't eat these because I know what the real thing really tastes like. Call me a samosa snob but you might want to even try making these yourself. There is no substitute.
I have 3 frozen bags of my mom's home made samosas, you're 100% bang on.