Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2007
2419 posts
172 upvotes

Grocery stores in Southampton/Port Elgin/Saugeen Shores

I'll be camping in MacGregor Point Provincial Park and I'd like to know where the grocery stores are.

I know of the Foodland on Hwy 21 and Turner St. but are there any others? Perhaps a Food Basics or No Frills?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2025 posts
68 upvotes
Niagara area
Why not enter the campsite on Google maps and then when it finds it just enter grocery stores in the search bar and all the close ones should show up.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2007
2419 posts
172 upvotes
I just tried that and it didn't help too much. Half the results were irrelevant and most of the others were independent grocers (I'd prefer something well-known). I did find a Wal-mart supercentre though, so thanks.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2025 posts
68 upvotes
Niagara area
umop wrote:
Nov 29th, 2011 11:05 pm
I just tried that and it didn't help too much. Half the results were irrelevant and most of the others were independent grocers (I'd prefer something well-known). I did find a Wal-mart supercentre though, so thanks.

I just tried it for fun and found all the major supermarkets Sobeys Food Basics zehrs etc Kincardine is your closest centre with the majors.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
1213 posts
91 upvotes
Kitchener
There's a Legault's Independant which is essentially the same as Zehr's (or at least it looks the same to me) as you are leaving Port Elgin towards Southampton (about a 2 minute drive).