• Mar 26th, 2020 2:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1791 posts
247 upvotes
Markham

The groomer is not essential service?

How do people handle it. The groomer Boogie uses is closed for pandemic. I guess not an essential service. Sorry not to be stuffy but we went to Petsmart once and even the dog was embarrassed with their end result
38E93C40-17A3-497E-B583-093ABBC9B2AB.jpeg
4 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1274 posts
907 upvotes
British Columbia
As far as I'm aware PetSmart as well has closed their grooming and are only open for dog food sales.

Buy a pair of clippers and do a hack job yourself... As one Italian mayor said in a video clip where he was ranting, you're not going out anyway so I doesn't matter how you look.

Clippers sold out fast in China, not just for dogs but for people needing haircuts too. If you need them, buy them now.

I have an old pair and my dog is well trained to lie still and/or stand still while I use them. Sometimes she basically goes to sleep. Face With Tears Of Joy This may have varying results if your dog is not accustomed to them...
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
4181 posts
1771 upvotes
Vancouver
Karala wrote: As far as I'm aware PetSmart as well has closed their grooming and are only open for dog food sales.

Buy a pair of clippers and do a hack job yourself... As one Italian mayor said in a video clip where he was ranting, you're not going out anyway so I doesn't matter how you look.

Clippers sold out fast in China, not just for dogs but for people needing haircuts too. If you need them, buy them now.

I have an old pair and my dog is well trained to lie still and/or stand still while I use them. Sometimes she basically goes to sleep. Face With Tears Of Joy This may have varying results if your dog is not accustomed to them...
I had a pair or hair clippers in my amazon cart trying to decide which pair to buy. Next day price jumped by $10!

OP - love Bichon Frises (still miss mine that passed away a few years ago)
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5998 posts
1020 upvotes
Correct, pet grooming services (just like human grooming services) are not essential.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
12661 posts
3195 upvotes
Montréal
How is this even a question? Cmon, common sense pls.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>