• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2019 10:34 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16872 posts
2557 upvotes
MrsPotato wrote: Buyer beware with grooming. Pricing is never guaranteed as the groomer has no idea how long it will take, the temperament if your dog etc - so many variables price can be based on.
I don't think this is legal, the Consumer Protection Act has this provision:

Estimates
10. (1) If a consumer agreement includes an estimate, the supplier shall not charge the consumer an amount that exceeds the estimate by more than 10 per cent. 2002, c. 30, Sched. A, s. 10 (1).

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statut ... 2c30_e.htm

So if they quoted one price, then charged another - you may have a legal recourse not to pay?
May 18, 2015
1 posts
Mississauga, ON
I'm surprised to see all the negative reviews about Salon Pucci. I've been taking my large mutt there for three years and have not had any issue. The ladies always do a great job and my dog loves it there. You pay a little more but I feel it's worth it.
Jun 6, 2015
1 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga, ON
The first time I went there, they made a mess of my Scottish Terrier.
They ruined his beard by cutting most of it off and groomed him as though he was a Westie (they gave him the round-headed shape; while the Scotty has the distinctive, chiseled look; like that of a bearded sea-horse).

I gave them the benefit of the doubt and so, the next time I went there I brought two photos of a Scottish Terrier with the classic grooming style.
As well, I brought in a photo of a Westie with a round-headed grooming style: this was, I told them, what they should AVOID at all cost.

Well, they proved incapable of even following a photograph and very specific instructions.
They do not know what they are doing.

Added to that, they had my dog come in at 11 AM and was available for me to pick up only at 5 PM. That's an ungodly amount of time for my Scotty to have to hang around there.

A place to avoid....at all costs.
May 8, 2018
1 posts
I have taken my Shih Tzu there for years. Never had any problems. They are so kind and just love my boy. Love the ladies there. The grooming fee just went up to, I think, about 70 bucks. Not overpriced as many grooming places charge about the same. If you pay less, then that is a lucky find. They have been named one of the top grooming businesses in Mississauga multiple years in a row. I always say there are always two sides to every story and the truth lies somewhere in-between. Will continue to take my dog there with no hesitation.
Mar 13, 2019
2 posts
Thanks for the heads up. The owner at the very least should have owned up to the mistake and refunded the overcharge......who wants to put their best friends in the care of dishonest people
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
2108 posts
300 upvotes
Mississauga
our GSD is no longer with us....

but i always recommend and use petsmart for our current dog...

everything is happening in plain sight, and they call as soon as the dog will be close to done...