Group Buys

[Group Buy] 2017 Central AC [American Standard] (Highest Tier Reached)

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2018 3:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7310 posts
3737 upvotes
Markham

[Group Buy] 2017 Central AC [American Standard] (Highest Tier Reached)

CRUCIAL UPDATE: Installation of 14.5 and 16 SEER units must be completed before the end of June. There is still space to get in, but make sure you call Craig ASAP. If you wish to buy a 13 SEER unit, then the deadline is irrelevant. I currently have way over 50 parties buying through this Group Buy. Make sure you get the highest discount available.

We have reached the highest tiered discount. Everyone gets $155 off per unit. Make sure, including those who ordered before today, to check that you've received $155 off.

If you wish to join the Group Buy, simply contact me or Craig and leave your name and contact information. You can contact Craig directly at 416-524-7228, please mention "RFD GROUP BUY."

Update 1: IESO will be removing Central AC incentives for SEER 14.5 ($250 rebate) & 16 ($400 rebate) as of June 30, 2017. This means you have until June 30th to purchase in order to still receive applicable IESO rebates.
Update 2: Starting from July 01, 2017, only SEER 18 and higher Central AC will be able to receive an IESO rebate of $600. You can discuss this option with Craig if you wish, but normally a 18 SEER in Toronto simply isn't worth the extra money.
Update 3: All 16 SEER American Standard Central AC still have a $100 manufacturing discount, which is already reflected on the pricing.

Please leave any questions and feedbacks in the thread below:
2014/2015/2016/2017 Central AC Feedback Thread: Central AC Feedback Thread

Hello Fellow RFDers,
this will mark the Central AC Group Buy for 2017, which would be the fourth time I've organized it. Please see below for details:
Four Season Comfort Heating and Cooling has been fortunate to provide the RFD forum members HVAC sales and service for the last 7 years. We are pleased to announce the details of the annual AC Group Buy for the upcoming 2017 season. We would like to thanks our past clients for their business and look forward to providing the members with the #1 Rated American Standard/Trane line of AC units. Please see the important information below to determine which air conditioner best suits your needs; just give us a call or email with your questions.

How to we determine which Air Conditioner size is best?
It is very important that your air conditioning unit is sized appropriately prior to installation. If the unit is undersized it will run continuously without reaching set point, particularly during peak hours. If the air conditioning unit is oversized, it will short cycle (turn on and off continuously) resulting in warm pockets of air in the home.
Below is a list of additional information we may require when determining how to correctly size the air conditioning unit in your home.
1. Square footage(excluding basement)
2. Ceiling height - main level and upstairs
3. Exposure(does the home back North, South, East, or West)
4. Size and number of large windows in the home

What SEER Rating or Efficiency is Best?
The SEER (seasonal energy efficiency ratio) rating, determines how efficient you air conditioning unit is or how much electricity it consumes. The higher the SEER numbers the more efficient the AC. Our cooling season in Southwestern Ontario is typically only 3-4 months of the year therefore we would NOT recommend a seer rating above 16 seer as you will not gain a return of the investment of a super efficient AC unit. Unfortunately some HVAC dealers try to push 17-20 seer AC units but would not recommend this.
There are currently some rebates available through the OPA which we are able to process for our clients. Rebates are available on the Silver 14 ($250) and Silver 16 ($400). If you do plan to stay in your home for a long period of the rebates help you decide weather it make sense for the additional investment. Please contact me directly if you need assistance deciding what SEER rating would be best for you.
Below is a list of questions we would ask in order to determine what SEER rating is best for you.
1. Do you have an existing inefficient air conditioning unit? (If you answered yes, there are rebates available if we remove an old AC unit and replace it with a 14.5 seer or greater).
In a new subdivision this is usually not the case.
2. Are you considered a heavy user? Do you set the air conditioner in May and run it until September without turning it off? Or would you only use the air conditioner on the hot humid days?
3. What temperature do you keep your home during the cooling season?
4. Do you prefer a colder setting or just enough to remove some humidity from the air?
5. Do you plan to stay in your home long term, 7 years plus? If yes we would recommend the 16 Seer. If you plan to stay in your home short term a 13seer would be best suited for your needs.

What products do we recommend?
There are many air conditioning manufacturers available in the market today.
Premium products – these are sold and installed through a dealer network. Licensed and certified technicians are factory trained on installation and service.
Mid- Range products – these are builder quality products sold to any HVAC company. I would be pleased to discuss the differences in product lines.
At Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling we recommend the Premium American Standard/Trane line of products. We have installed hundreds of these cooling systems within the GTA. Both we and our clients have been very satisfied with the quality and reliability of this product line. The American Standard line of air conditioning units were rated number 1 by Consumer Reports in July of 2014! Other product lines are also available as well.
2016 Group Buy Pricing and Details
Below is some pricing for the American Standard/Trane 13 and 14 Seer and 16 Seer ACunits. This pricing includes complete installation with wall mounted brackets and a 15ft copper line set. Warranty is 10 years parts and 5 year labour. HST is additional.

Single Unit Pricing:

American Standard Gold 13 SEER (rebranded as Silver 13)

1.5 ton $2635 installed
2.0 ton $2725 installed
2.5 ton $2795 installed
3.0 ton $2995 installed
3.5 ton $3155 installed

American Standard Gold 14 SEER ($250 REBATE until June 30, 2017)

1.5 ton $2995 installed
2.0 ton $3125 installed
2.5 ton $3225 installed
3.0 ton $3365 installed
3.5 ton $3585 installed

American Standard Gold XI 16 SEER ($400 REBATE until June 30, 2017)

1.5 ton $3265 installed
2.0 ton $3295 installed
2.5 ton $3495 installed
3.0 ton $3650 installed
3.5 ton $3895 installed

Group Buy - Multiple Pricing Discount:
10 AC units deduct (115.00 per unit)
11-25 AC units deduct ($125.00 per unit)
26-50 AC units deduct (155.00 per unit)
In order to participate in this group buy we require a $250.00 deposit prior to June 01th, 2017. Payments may be made by check or interact email money transfer to fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca. Once this deposit is received we will send an invoice showing the deposit has been received and a tentative installation date. The deposit secures your pricing as well as your installation date. On June 01, 2017 we will determine how many participants we have in the group buy and apply the necessary discount to the invoice. If the air conditioner has been installed and paid prior to May 20/16 we will refund the applicable group buy discount to our client via check, Interact or email money transfer.

MISC Products

Humidifiers
We would recommend the April Air line of humidifiers as well. Group buy pricing as follows.
April Air 500m 1000sq ft – 1400sq ft $395 plus HST
April Air 600m 1400sq ft – 1900 $425 plus HST
April Air 700m for homes 2000-3100 sq ft for $625 installed plus HST. .

Air Purification Systems
In terms of air cleaners I would recommend using a 3M filter for the first 6 months of your occupancy. I would not recommend making an investment on an indoor air quality system initially unless you are certain the ducts are clean. Once most of the construction debris has been removed from your ductwork I would recommend the Accuclean system which does not restrict air circulation like many of the media filters and other systems.

Client Testimonials
http://www.hawthornevillager.com/phpbb/ ... hp?t=24763
https://homestars.com/companies/2797675 ... on-comfort
2014-2015-central-ac-furnace-feedback-thread-1505477/
http://estatesofcreditridge.freeforums. ... -t674.html

Please let us know if you have any questions, we would be happy to assist.
Best Regards,
Craig Newhouse
Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling

Questions & Answers

1. Do these prices include the saveONenergy rebates?
No, they do not include the IESO (saveONenergy) rebates. Craig will apply for the discounts on your behalf. You should receive the discount cheque in the mail within 4-6 weeks.

2. Why are the prices slightly higher than last year?
Prices are slightly higher due to the depreciating Canadian dollar as well as inflation. This year the price increases are not substantial, in effect of the 16 SEER units could be cheaper due to a Manufacturer's rebate.

3. Does American Standard still produce the best ranked/rated Central Air Conditioning units, according to Consumer Reports?
Yes. Consumer Reports' most recent issue ranked American Standard as the most reliable brand for Central AC.
Credit to @redkulat

4.Do you have a brochure for these units?
Unfortunately the brochure link is no longer working at the American Standard Website. Alternatively, you can just see the units here: American Standard Central AC. The 16 SEER units are Gold XI, while the Silver 13 SEER and 14 SEER units are rebranded Gold.
*Silver series had model numbers 4TTB30, while Gold series have model numbers with 4A7A30/4A7A6/4A7A4. You will receive 4A7A30/4A7A6/4A7A4 units.

5. What SEER unit should I purchase?
Ask Craig. Shoot him an email, he usually responds within a couple hours.

6. How much will the unit cost me?
Select the cost of your unit - group buy discount + HST, then subtract the IESO discount ($250 or $400), and that is your unit price.

7. (The Most Important Question) Do I have to pay for an American Standard Technician to come out once a year and do maintenance on my unit to keep the 10 year parts / 5 year labour warranty?
No. Craig suggest that you change your furnace filter to something less constricting ($5 filter from Home Depot) every 3 months. Furthermore, it is recommended that you hose down the condenser with a garden hose in the Spring. That is all the maintenance that you can do yourself. You do not need to call in a special contractor for any of these services. Brands like Lennox absolutely require that you do an annual maintenance (costs $) with one of their contractors, otherwise your warranty becomes void.

8. Are these American Standard GOLD XI/13/14 units builder grade or above builder grade?
These are middle / upper middle of the road units. Central AC units come in this following order: Builder Grade, Entry Level, Mid-Level, and Premium-Level. These Gold XI/13/14 units are "Mid-Level" units. Most contractors will quote you builder grade units that are both loud and aesthetically offending, because they are the cheapest. These units are far superior to that.

9. Will my units say "American Standard GOLD?"
The 16 SEER units will say Gold. The 13 & 14 SEER units will say Silver.

10. How do I know I can trust this "Craig" person? Is he on HomeStars?
Well this is the RFD Feedback Thread. This is where previous RFD purchasers rated Craig and his services. He is also on HomeStars with phenomenal reviews at 9.9/10. Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling HomeStars.

11. Why is the 5 year Labour Warranty such a big deal?
If you have called enough contractors, you should know that they will either not mention labour warranty or quote you 1-2 years tops. They will offer to sell you an additional 3-4 years of labour warranty for a hefty cost. Craig stands by his work so he will offer you 5 years as a show of faith in his products and workmanship. Remember, the highest cost of fixing a broken AC are not the parts, but the labour.

12. How can I find out about the IESO rebate changes this year?
See the following: 2017 IESO Rebate Changes

13. What areas in Ontario will Craig service?
I really get asked this a lot, and every single time I gotta ask Craig to confirm. However, generally I find that he will service the following extremes:
St. Cathrines to the South (I think he'll do Niagara Falls, too)
Clarington to the East
Barrie to the North
Kitchener to the West
So if you fall between any of these points, you are set. If you are just outside or quite a ways outside this area, please contact Craig and ask directly.

14. What are the costs of additional copper past 15ft?
This is directly quoted from Craig:
The additional cost for the both the suction and discharge lineset with armourflex and additional 410A is $6.00 per linear ft after 15 ft. The additional cost of the high voltage wiring is $2.00per linear ft
Last edited by Anikiri on Apr 10th, 2017 10:59 am, edited 5 times in total.
171 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1727 posts
406 upvotes
Markham
Damn...even cheaper than 2016 group buy. I should wait 20 years then I will get the lowest price.
Nov 3, 2008
214 posts
96 upvotes
National Capital Reg…
What SEER and TON is best for me?

2015 built, very well insulated
2100sqft, not incl. basement
Backing north.
Front South has large'ish windows, total area ~50sqft.
First floor has 9ft ceiling.
Zero plans to sell anytime soon.
Would like to keep temp 70-72 degrees during cooling season (set and forget, no smart thermostats or any adjustments)

Also, would 18 SEER make sense?
What is cost per additional foot of copper line?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7310 posts
3737 upvotes
Markham
NCR-Manchester wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 11:33 pm
What SEER and TON is best for me?

2015 built, very well insulated
2100sqft, not incl. basement
Backing north.
Front South has large'ish windows, total area ~50sqft.
First floor has 9ft ceiling.
Zero plans to sell anytime soon.
Would like to keep temp 70-72 degrees during cooling season (set and forget, no smart thermostats or any adjustments)

Also, would 18 SEER make sense?
What is cost per additional foot of copper line?
I cannot comment on most of this since I don't know, but Copper is included at 15ft. Afterwards there's a cost, I am not quite sure what it was... but it wasn't prohibitively expensive. Also included in the price is an ESA permit.

Right now you can only get IESO rebates on 14.5 and 15+ SEER units. So the max you could get is a $400 rebate. If you want to, you could wait until July and wait for the 18 SEER rebate.

I'll contact Craig to answer your questions.
Jun 4, 2008
258 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Interested, but also need a furnace. Will there be a furnace group buy like previous years?
Nov 3, 2008
214 posts
96 upvotes
National Capital Reg…
Anikiri wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 11:22 am
I cannot comment on most of this since I don't know, but Copper is included at 15ft. Afterwards there's a cost, I am not quite sure what it was... but it wasn't prohibitively expensive. Also included in the price is an ESA permit.

Right now you can only get IESO rebates on 14.5 and 15+ SEER units. So the max you could get is a $400 rebate. If you want to, you could wait until July and wait for the 18 SEER rebate.

I'll contact Craig to answer your questions.
Thanks. I actually called Craig. Going with 2Ton 16SEER + humidifier. Deposit sent.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7310 posts
3737 upvotes
Markham
daaave wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 9:20 pm
Interested, but also need a furnace. Will there be a furnace group buy like previous years?
Hi, if you buy an AC and a Furnace, you can get the discount twice. And yes, works sameway as before.
Nov 1, 2004
126 posts
5 upvotes
Hi, I need an AC for my new home. Can you please advise on the tonnage

Info about the house:
Brand new Mattamy home
Just under 2900 sqft
Backing west
9" Ceiling on ground floor, 8" on second

thanks
Apr 8, 2016
1 posts
Interested. What TON is best for me?

2017 built, very well insulated. Semi
2130 sqft, not incl. basement
Backing north.
Front South.
First and second floor has 9ft ceiling.
No plans to sell anytime soon.

Thanks,
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7310 posts
3737 upvotes
Markham
MidNiteZ wrote:
Apr 15th, 2017 9:05 am
Hi, I need an AC for my new home. Can you please advise on the tonnage

Info about the house:
Brand new Mattamy home
Just under 2900 sqft
Backing west
9" Ceiling on ground floor, 8" on second

thanks
Pretty sure you're at 3T. Give Craig a call and he can be more precise.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7310 posts
3737 upvotes
Markham
stagno wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 6:47 am
Interested. What TON is best for me?

2017 built, very well insulated. Semi
2130 sqft, not incl. basement
Backing north.
Front South.
First and second floor has 9ft ceiling.
No plans to sell anytime soon.

Thanks,
I am pretty sure a 2.0T with a larger coil will do. But give Craig a call to be sure.
Nov 22, 2004
298 posts
62 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm interested. Contacted Craig today and provided him the details.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence you tried.
Feb 11, 2007
358 posts
31 upvotes
East
Do you do installations in London Ontario? Or would this be just GTA?
Jun 1, 2010
342 posts
65 upvotes
jcdogg wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 4:45 pm
I am so sorry but London is outside our service area. I wish you well in search for a reputable contractor. If there is anything I may assist you with please don't hesitate to let me know
Craig
416-524-7228
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca 416-524-7228
See our 2017 RFD Group Buy: RFD 2017 Group Buy
HomeStars Reviews: Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling
Jun 1, 2010
342 posts
65 upvotes
jcdogg wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 4:45 pm
I am so sorry but London is outside our service area. I wish you well in search for a reputable contractor. If there is anything I may assist you with please don't hesitate to let me know
Craig
416-524-7228
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca 416-524-7228
See our 2017 RFD Group Buy: RFD 2017 Group Buy
HomeStars Reviews: Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling