Group Buys

[Group Buy] 2017 Central AC [American Standard] (Highest Tier Reached)

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2018 3:16 pm
Oct 9, 2011
553 posts
216 upvotes
GTA
Anikiri wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 9:57 am
There is no group buy for furnaces. There is also no thread for it. But from what I know, Craig will give you the same discount for a furnace. You can contact him regarding this.
Yes I'm also in the market for a furnace as mine died this past week. Contacted Craig and he was super quick to come back with a quote and he also said if I'm a registered RFD member, I would be entitled to the current Group Buy discount.

I haven't decided what to do yet, but Craig sounds like a real professional and he is currently on the top of my list for the job.
2 x Zoomer Wireless $36 loyalty plans - 4 GB of data!
4 x Freedom Mobile plans
Ask me anything about Zoomer or Freedom
Ecobee 3 Lite curtesy of Green On (ie tax payers)
Sep 26, 2010
641 posts
75 upvotes
dpw198 wrote:
Aug 20th, 2017 9:41 am
Yes I'm also in the market for a furnace as mine died this past week. Contacted Craig and he was super quick to come back with a quote and he also said if I'm a registered RFD member, I would be entitled to the current Group Buy discount.

I haven't decided what to do yet, but Craig sounds like a real professional and he is currently on the top of my list for the job.
I had a furnace and gas line quote done today, Group Buy is still in effect, thanks to Craig for arriving on-time and providing the quote and reminding me about the Group Buy. Looking forward to the install!
Oct 16, 2017
1 posts
Please add me to this group buy.

I would like to get both Furnace and AC replaced. Our home is about 2500 Sq Ft
Oct 27, 2009
179 posts
53 upvotes
Hamilton
Please add me to the group buy.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7774 posts
4554 upvotes
Markham
I got you all, ill just corroborate with Craig. Let me know if everything turned out fine.
Feb 13, 2011
2 posts
Mississauga
Hello, I'm looking for both a furnace and AC replacement. How do I get in on the group buy?
Mississauga, Mavis and Dundas area.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7774 posts
4554 upvotes
Markham
emptyo wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 9:54 am
Hello, I'm looking for both a furnace and AC replacement. How do I get in on the group buy?
Mississauga, Mavis and Dundas area.
Hey, you can contact Craig directly at 416-524-7228, please mention "RFD GROUP BUY."
Jul 22, 2003
56 posts
3 upvotes
Craig came by Oct 23rd & priced a Trane XT95 furnace for me. (my current furnace is 30+ years old)
He suggested that since my AC is still working fine, I might as well not replace it & just buy the furnace for now.
Isn't that the opposite of upselling?
Thanks Craig!
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
10012 posts
1068 upvotes
Just to let u know his price is not cheap even after RFD special offer..got a quote from him for furnace and another co is much cheaper for the same brand/model
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Dec 7, 2013
222 posts
152 upvotes
kiasu wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 7:20 am
Just to let u know his price is not cheap even after RFD special offer..got a quote from him for furnace and another co is much cheaper for the same brand/model
I also called around before I did my installation and other contractors had both higher and lower prices. However, I took many things into consideration such as warranty, service history, customer service, response times, and much more. It turns out, that I wanted an established company with great customer service and warranty to install my AC unit. The difference between my installation and my lowest quote was maybe $300 but that was easily negated by the longer warranty and great RFD reviews.

Basically, if you feel that you can do better elsewhere, you should do that. I personally liked the peace of mind that my installation will be backed up with great service and a company that won't just disappear at any moment rendering the warranty useless.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
10012 posts
1068 upvotes
shumami wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 10:17 am
I also called around before I did my installation and other contractors had both higher and lower prices. However, I took many things into consideration such as warranty, service history, customer service, response times, and much more. It turns out, that I wanted an established company with great customer service and warranty to install my AC unit. The difference between my installation and my lowest quote was maybe $300 but that was easily negated by the longer warranty and great RFD reviews.

Basically, if you feel that you can do better elsewhere, you should do that. I personally liked the peace of mind that my installation will be backed up with great service and a company that won't just disappear at any moment rendering the warranty useless.
well..that guy came and gave me a feeling that he wont care and wont give me any further discount..only $150? wtf and still much more than other companies...he probably think he has a big pipe of business from RFD and wont bug....it's more than $300 diff..like $500/$600 before tax...
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)