Group Buys

[Group Buy] 2017 Central AC [American Standard] (Highest Tier Reached)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2018 8:03 am
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
26407 posts
3090 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Anikiri wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2017 8:50 am
Call Craig and ask. I think he usually allows you to still get the discounts. Cannot hurt to give him a call. Let me know how it goes. I'll give him a heads up about your situation.
I emailed him yesterday after I posted and he called me back.

Gave him he details for the house and he told me what I needed. Didn't quote a price yet, but I'm sure I can get my order in. Even without the group discount, I'll still get the rebate

Great guy, easy to talk to.

My grading is not done yet and I don't want to mount the unit on racks. I'm in no rush to get it installed.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
6503 posts
2836 upvotes
Markham
Gee wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2017 11:00 am
I emailed him yesterday after I posted and he called me back.

Gave him he details for the house and he told me what I needed. Didn't quote a price yet, but I'm sure I can get my order in. Even without the group discount, I'll still get the rebate

Great guy, easy to talk to.

My grading is not done yet and I don't want to mount the unit on racks. I'm in no rush to get it installed.
Hey I'll make sure you get all the discounts including the GB. I think he didn't quote prices because you can find them here on the first page. Just look up what he told you and it's applicable prices.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1047 posts
25 upvotes
Had Craig's team come out on Wednesday. Great guys very nice and polite, they took the time to answer any questions I had. Since it's our first home I had a ton. They even answered questions outside of HVAC, as we were having issues with our hot water tank​.

Just a quick question, does the rebate get mailed or is there something I need to do to redeem it?
Jun 29, 2009
10 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I had called Craig for the RFD group buy back on May 30 and he had visited me yesterday for initial check. Everything goes smooth and hopefully we will receive our unit soon!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
6503 posts
2836 upvotes
Markham
FreeSpinnz wrote:
Jun 4th, 2017 7:13 am
Had Craig's team come out on Wednesday. Great guys very nice and polite, they took the time to answer any questions I had. Since it's our first home I had a ton. They even answered questions outside of HVAC, as we were having issues with our hot water tank​.

Just a quick question, does the rebate get mailed or is there something I need to do to redeem it?
Craig will apply for the rebate on your behalf. A cheque will be mailed to you from the authorities.
Jun 18, 2004
555 posts
19 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Regardless I can get into the GB deal or not, I still contacted Craig to see what pricing I can get for my new home. Should've seen this thread earlier.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
6503 posts
2836 upvotes
Markham
hiphopforce wrote:
Jun 6th, 2017 12:52 am
Regardless I can get into the GB deal or not, I still contacted Craig to see what pricing I can get for my new home. Should've seen this thread earlier.
I think he'll still honour the GB. He did so in the past.
Aug 4, 2006
319 posts
90 upvotes
GTA - Gwill
Mike and Adam came to do our installation. They arrived at the agreed upon time (that's a great start), answered all my questions before, during and after our install. Both were very respectful to us and our property (great gentlemen). The installation was neat and tidy. Pipe benders were used on the lineset to create a professional appearance (that's an excellent example of someone who takes pride in their workmanship as it takes more effort but looks that much better). Terrific job - well done. Craig called at the end of the day to ensure that we were satisfied . That's customer service. I would definitely use and recommend Four Season Comfort for my HVAC jobs.

Much thanks Anikiri - glad I saw this thread.

Updated to correct grammar.
Last edited by 2flags on Jun 6th, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
6503 posts
2836 upvotes
Markham
2flags wrote:
Jun 6th, 2017 12:12 pm
Mike and Adam came to do our installation. They arrived at the agreed upon time (that's a great start), answered all my questions before, during and after our install. Both were very respectful to us and our property (great gentlemen). The installation was neat and tidy. Pipe benders were used on the lineset to create a professional appearance (that's an excellent example of someone who takes pride in their workmanship as it takes more effort but looks that much better). Terrific job - well done. Craig called at the end of the day to ensure that we were satisfied . That's customer service. I would definite use and recommend Four Season Comfort for you HVAC jobs.

Much thanks Anikiri - glad I saw this thread.
Awesome. It's so hard to find good contractors these days, it's such a shame.
Oct 28, 2007
38 posts
4 upvotes
Hi Anikiri, I contacted Craig last week to buy and install a new furnace, and he came over to my house this past weekend to provide a quote. I will be going forward with the purchase, and he encouraged me to join the group buy. Can you please add me to the list? If you need my details, please PM me and I would be happy to provide. Thanks for organizing this GB!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
6503 posts
2836 upvotes
Markham
enzojr wrote:
Jun 7th, 2017 9:29 am
Hi Anikiri, I contacted Craig last week to buy and install a new furnace, and he came over to my house this past weekend to provide a quote. I will be going forward with the purchase, and he encouraged me to join the group buy. Can you please add me to the list? If you need my details, please PM me and I would be happy to provide. Thanks for organizing this GB!
Hey great. I am glad he gave you the discount on a just furnace install, too. Awesome i'll add you to the list.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1047 posts
25 upvotes
Anikiri wrote:
Jun 5th, 2017 4:04 pm
Craig will apply for the rebate on your behalf. A cheque will be mailed to you from the authorities.
Because I got a email from HVAC Payments hvacpayments@summerhill.com saying I need to fill out some form
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
6503 posts
2836 upvotes
Markham
FreeSpinnz wrote:
Jun 7th, 2017 3:29 pm
Because I got a email from HVAC Payments hvacpayments@summerhill.com saying I need to fill out some form
I would contact Craig about this. I am not sure what this email is. Give Craig a call, don't give out information to unverified sources.
Apr 26, 2014
7 posts
1 upvote
North York, ON
I think Mike mainly installs American Standards ACs. Just wondering if anyone had any issues with this brand? How is the performance of this AC? Since most the reviews I find are related to installation.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2398 posts
965 upvotes
Toronto
So I might need to buy an AC next year. I want to see if I have this correct if I happened to buy one this year

1) Let's say I wanted to buy the 14 SEER 1.5 ton unit. The price is $2,995 - $155 RFD group discount + $369.2 HST - $250 IESO discount = $2,959.20. Is this correct?

2) Is there no discount for the 13 SEER units?