Group Buys

[Group Buy] 2017 Central AC [American Standard] (Highest Tier Reached)

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2018 3:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7462 posts
3938 upvotes
Markham
crystallight wrote:
Jun 11th, 2017 9:38 pm
So I might need to buy an AC next year. I want to see if I have this correct if I happened to buy one this year

1) Let's say I wanted to buy the 14 SEER 1.5 ton unit. The price is $2,995 - $155 RFD group discount + $369.2 HST - $250 IESO discount = $2,959.20. Is this correct?

2) Is there no discount for the 13 SEER units?
1. I think that's basically right, but remember you have to buy and install units before the end of June to get the $250 IESO rebate. Otherwise you won't be able to get the discount.

2. You get the RFD group discount for the 13 SEER units but no IESO rebate.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
4102 posts
705 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Was not expecting my AC unit to die, but it did.

Shopping for options. Sent Craig an email.

Does anyone know if American Standard units work well with Trane furnances? I have this conception that it's better that both furnace and AC are of the same brand for the HVAC system as a whole to work better (I don't know if this is true or not)...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7462 posts
3938 upvotes
Markham
enwhyRFD wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 1:12 pm
Was not expecting my AC unit to die, but it did.

Shopping for options. Sent Craig an email.

Does anyone know if American Standard units work well with Trane furnances? I have this conception that it's better that both furnace and AC are of the same brand for the HVAC system as a whole to work better (I don't know if this is true or not)...
American Standard is the same brand as Trane. Give Craig a call and he'll help you out.

Remember all installations must be done before the end of June to get the IESO rebates. Craig is currently booked for 3 solid weeks and only has a few more spots left before the end of the month.

If you are on the fence, make sure you get in before it's too late.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4455 posts
132 upvotes
GTA
I'm in Scarborough.. what is the typical wait time for an install?

Thanks!
Jun 29, 2005
135 posts
39 upvotes
Anikiri wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 1:36 pm
American Standard is the same brand as Trane. Give Craig a call and he'll help you out.

Remember all installations must be done before the end of June to get the IESO rebates. Craig is currently booked for 3 solid weeks and only has a few more spots left before the end of the month.

If you are on the fence, make sure you get in before it's too late.
Hi my AC just broke today - tried to give Craig a call but his mailbox is full (not surprised with this heat wave).

Is there another way to contact him? Looking to purchase the American Standard Gold 16 thanks!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7462 posts
3938 upvotes
Markham
00dimsum00 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 3:31 pm
Hi my AC just broke today - tried to give Craig a call but his mailbox is full (not surprised with this heat wave).

Is there another way to contact him? Looking to purchase the American Standard Gold 16 thanks!
Hey private message me your phone number, name, and address and I'll try and squeeze you in. Otherwise, you can always try to call him again or you can text him at the same number.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7462 posts
3938 upvotes
Markham
ferkel wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 2:00 pm
I'm in Scarborough.. what is the typical wait time for an install?

Thanks!
I spoke to him yesterday regarding this because of the heat wave, he said that he's booked solid for about 3 weeks but he has some spots left. I think you can still get in before end of the month if you give him a call relatively soon. All appointments for 14.5 or 16 SEER AC need to be completed before June 30 for the IESO rebates to still apply.
May 9, 2017
0 posts
My AC is not cooling anymore and I was looking to replace it with the American Standard Gold 13 SEER 2.0 ton. Will i have to wait 3 weeks for the installation? I'm in Markham
Jun 12, 2017
6 posts
10 upvotes
Hi Anikiri,

I have been told i need to replace my AC unit and circuit board on my furnace. Would Craig be able to help me out before the June 30 deadline? I have my eye on the American Standard 14 seer 2 ton unit. The current AC unit i have is 2 ton. MY furnace is a Keeprite.

Thank you,

Daniel
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7462 posts
3938 upvotes
Markham
wahg07 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 10:59 pm
My AC is not cooling anymore and I was looking to replace it with the American Standard Gold 13 SEER 2.0 ton. Will i have to wait 3 weeks for the installation? I'm in Markham
Hi the best case is to call Craig directly or leave me your name and phone number and I'll try to ask if he can slot you in.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7462 posts
3938 upvotes
Markham
danny06 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 11:46 am
Hi Anikiri,

I have been told i need to replace my AC unit and circuit board on my furnace. Would Craig be able to help me out before the June 30 deadline? I have my eye on the American Standard 14 seer 2 ton unit. The current AC unit i have is 2 ton. MY furnace is a Keeprite.

Thank you,

Daniel
Hi Daniel,

Last I heard from him was that he was still able to install 14.5 & 16 SEER ACs before the deadline. He can certainly do all that for you, just give him a call or leave me your name and phone number and I'll contact him on your behalf.

UPDATE: I just spoke to Craig, there's a "few" spots remaining for installation before June 30th for any 14.5 or 16 SEER units. You really need to talk to him today if you want this done with the IESO rebates. I wasn't given a concrete number but I am guessing between 2-5 spots left. Good luck.
Feb 7, 2012
4 posts
I am interested in the GROUP BUY.

What SEER and TON is best for me?

2006 built house
approximately 2500sqft, not incl. basement
Backing north.
Front West.
First floor has 9 ft ceiling, 2nd floor has 8ft ceiling.
Zero plans to sell anytime soon.

Would Craig be able to help me out before the June 30 deadline to get the IESO rebate?

Thanks a lot,
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7462 posts
3938 upvotes
Markham
eric_lee_can wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 12:53 am
I am interested in the GROUP BUY.

What SEER and TON is best for me?

2006 built house
approximately 2500sqft, not incl. basement
Backing north.
Front West.
First floor has 9 ft ceiling, 2nd floor has 8ft ceiling.
Zero plans to sell anytime soon.

Would Craig be able to help me out before the June 30 deadline to get the IESO rebate?

Thanks a lot,
I think you need a 2.5T and at least a 14.5SEER. Call Craig and if you cannot get a hold of him then leave me your number and name. I haven't talked to him recently so I don't know if you can be slotted in. Give it a shot.
Jan 13, 2017
99 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Trying to decide between a 13 SEER unit and spending more to get a 16 SEER. Brand new 3014 Square foot home in the GTA. Front of home facing West, rear is facing east. Obviously 3.0 tonne unit will be best... Can I really see the savings difference between 13 SEER VS. 15/16 SEER units?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7462 posts
3938 upvotes
Markham
rendered22 wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2017 9:40 am
Trying to decide between a 13 SEER unit and spending more to get a 16 SEER. Brand new 3014 Square foot home in the GTA. Front of home facing West, rear is facing east. Obviously 3.0 tonne unit will be best... Can I really see the savings difference between 13 SEER VS. 15/16 SEER units?
it's all about payback based on time.If you lived in that place long enough, then yes.