Group Buys

[Group Buy] 2018 Central AC [TRANE/American Standard] (@Tier 3 Highest Discount)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2018 3:34 pm
Feb 27, 2010
728 posts
267 upvotes
Mississauga
I spoke to Craig earlier today and provided me with a quote for my needs. Also allowed me to join the group buy, very nice person to speak to.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7317 posts
3754 upvotes
Markham
fexhung wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2018 5:40 pm
I spoke to Craig earlier today and provided me with a quote for my needs. Also allowed me to join the group buy, very nice person to speak to.
Awesome +1
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7317 posts
3754 upvotes
Markham
Alias wrote:
Jul 4th, 2018 1:59 pm
Is Trane a good manufacturer? Should I be worried about these: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/trane.html

Thanks!
Trane and American Standard (same product and company) are the best rated brands for Central Air Conditioning units as rated by Consumer Reports. Those things you see on consumeraffairs, you'l find about every brand. It's a place for people to vent.
Jul 20, 2007
574 posts
157 upvotes
Anikiri wrote:
Jul 4th, 2018 2:48 pm
Trane and American Standard (same product and company) are the best rated brands for Central Air Conditioning units as rated by Consumer Reports. Those things you see on consumeraffairs, you'l find about every brand. It's a place for people to vent.
I searched Carrier, Lennox and Goodman and all have 1 star ratings similar to Trane.
Thanks for the quick response.

The compress or on my 13 year old unit blew as a result of a power surge yesterday. Perhaps not the best thread to post this, however, is it better and less costly to replace the compressor or purchase a new unit?

Thanks!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7317 posts
3754 upvotes
Markham
Alias wrote:
Jul 4th, 2018 2:56 pm
I searched Carrier, Lennox and Goodman and all have 1 star ratings similar to Trane.
Thanks for the quick response.

The compress or on my 13 year old unit blew as a result of a power surge yesterday. Perhaps not the best thread to post this, however, is it better and less costly to replace the compressor or purchase a new unit?

Thanks!
I actually don't know. I just organize this group buy. If you have time, give Craig a call, you can find his phone # on the first page.
Dec 2, 2006
218 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Had my unit installed today, very satisfied with the overall service and professionalism by Craig's guys.
Nov 1, 2004
734 posts
Toronto
I had my AC installed a few weeks ago (2.0cuft 13 seer). While we ran into some issues that weren't expected (not the installers fault), Craig was always available making sure that I was a very happy customer. I know communication can be an issue with contractors, but Craig was extremely attentive! Highly recommended.
Feb 16, 2005
51 posts
Contacted Craig a few days ago to set something up asap as my parents AC died in the midst of this heatwave. Fast forward to today and the unit was just installed. Here are my observations.

1. Craig was willing to extend the GB price to me, was very easy to deal with and answered all of my questions without trying to up sell me on anything.
2. His technicians were on time, professional, efficient and cleaned up after themselves.
3. Craig even contacted my parents directly after the install to make sure things were done to their satisfaction.

Hopefully, I'll never need the warranty service though from the feedback, reviews and initial impression, it should not be an issue.

Highly recommended.
Sep 11, 2007
6 posts
GTA
Contacted Craig a few days ago as well, AC died over the weekend, have been watching this thread but planning for a 2019 replacemen not 2018. Craig extended the GB price to me as poster above noted, scheduled for the install this Friday, so far very pleased.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3444 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
Just wanted to know if anyone know why my AC is having this constant problem reoccurring. Back in 2014 I with with Craig with the Group Buy. We got a new AC installed in 2014 because the lines kept freezing over and not cooling the house. I found this group buy and called Craig to take a look and he recommended me to replace the AC. From day one we had the same occurring problems. Having to call Craig back numerous time to fix it and having him send guys to do whatever they can to fix it but the problem keeps reocurring with the lines freezing over. We tried changed filters but this has been an ocurring problem to us.
I convince my father to replace the AC instead of fixing it when I heard about Four Seasons on RFD in 2014. Usually when someone recommends an installer on RFD I trust that the member have had a good experience and the installer
are reputable. It's been very disappointing because I am having to keep calling Craig every now and then and he's been great so far with his reponsiveness and scheduling someone to come out to fix the problem. I know he's probably spent a lot on our unit just servicing us. It may be that it's a rear case for us and I have recommended Craig to family members as well as he's great with the service. I get he is trying his best but I need to get this fix once and for all and be done with it. Our family paid for a brand new AC to not have to deal with these issues because we thought that after installing a brand new AC everything would be fix instead of still having to troubleshoot it.

It's both frustrating for me and Craig as well I believe but hopefully we can get this resolved or if anyone has suggestions on what may be the case that would be truly helpful as we don't like calling Craig every time this happens. It shouldn't happen but it is what it is.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7317 posts
3754 upvotes
Markham
Matryx wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 11:51 am
Just wanted to know if anyone know why my AC is having this constant problem reoccurring. Back in 2014 I with with Craig with the Group Buy. We got a new AC installed in 2014 because the lines kept freezing over and not cooling the house. I found this group buy and called Craig to take a look and he recommended me to replace the AC. From day one we had the same occurring problems. Having to call Craig back numerous time to fix it and having him send guys to do whatever they can to fix it but the problem keeps reocurring with the lines freezing over. We tried changed filters but this has been an ocurring problem to us.
I convince my father to replace the AC instead of fixing it when I heard about Four Seasons on RFD in 2014. Usually when someone recommends an installer on RFD I trust that the member have had a good experience and the installer
are reputable. It's been very disappointing because I am having to keep calling Craig every now and then and he's been great so far with his reponsiveness and scheduling someone to come out to fix the problem. I know he's probably spent a lot on our unit just servicing us. It may be that it's a rear case for us and I have recommended Craig to family members as well as he's great with the service. I get he is trying his best but I need to get this fix once and for all and be done with it. Our family paid for a brand new AC to not have to deal with these issues because we thought that after installing a brand new AC everything would be fix instead of still having to troubleshoot it.

It's both frustrating for me and Craig as well I believe but hopefully we can get this resolved or if anyone has suggestions on what may be the case that would be truly helpful as we don't like calling Craig every time this happens. It shouldn't happen but it is what it is.
Well it's really unfortunate that this is happening. I have never heard about this. At least Craig is responsive and keeps attempting to fix it. I hope the best for you.
Sep 13, 2006
4 posts
Signed up! Thanks Craig and his installers. Very professional and happy with everything. Surprised my AC is so quiet too (compared to old Carrier performance model).
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9529 posts
1748 upvotes
Toronto
I just spoke to Craig a few minutes ago and what a pleasant fellow to speak to. Hopefully, I'll be able to get my AC replace sooner rather than later. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jul 3, 2002
288 posts
27 upvotes
Spoke to Craig this morning and signed up for the group buy as well. Very honest and helpful guy. Hoping to get mine installed this week.