Group Buys

Group Buy: Dents and Scratch removal - GTA

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2018 3:55 pm
May 19, 2004
324 posts
34 upvotes
MARKHAM
09 Vibe. Interested. Need to fix mistakes made by Maaco in Markham!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2004
1370 posts
86 upvotes
neb wrote:
Apr 1st, 2010 10:07 pm
got a flyer in the mail today from these guys,

anyone know if they are any good?

http://www.colorworks.ca/
My experience with colorworks was terrible..The person that came and did the repair on my vehicle, did a terrible job..I guess it could be a hit, or miss..Depending on the experience and patience of the person who comes out to do the repair..I personally, would stay away from colorworks..The paint matching was horrible..The total cost of the repair was about $175, which in the end was a complete waste of money..I'll admit I'm anal, but to be honest and completely fair here..The work wasn't even 50% acceptable..Also, another important factor to consider..Is that these people r mobile..So, once they paint your car they don't have a proper way of baking the paint properly onto the car..They basically use these outdoor heat lamps and then the rest is done by mother nature..Just my two cents.

3ajs wrote: rfd member nacster in this thread requested an estimate from chipmaster to fix a "repair" that was done by one of these mobile outfits. I wonder if he has a review to share, and maybe the name of the company to avoid. By his accounts, the mobile "repair" job is so hideous that he is reinstating the insurance on his stored car so he can get the repair undone and redone properly.
Hey Alvin, u hit the nail right on the head with that one :lol:
[OP]
Apr 6, 2008
386 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
sagamm wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2010 6:21 pm
why they are only open on weekdays? that sucks.
They are open on Saturday as well to write estimates. Easiest thing to do is to give Chipmaster a call and speak with Ron, he is very nice and easy to deal with.
Apr 6, 2010
1 posts
Markham, Ontario, Ca…
3ajs wrote:
Feb 18th, 2010 5:14 pm
Thanks for your positive review 9394.

For those who want to receive a free estimate...

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

You can receive a free email estimate as part of this group buy and get group buy discounts:

1. post a reply in this thread to indicate that you are interested, and
2. send me a PM with
a) your email address and
b) whether you are closer to Mississauga or Markham
Interested PM sent.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2007
4379 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
Interested, PM SENT!
ES PRODUCTIONS
Professional Photography Services

#KeepFightingMichael
Aug 24, 2006
240 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Just wanted to add that I had very good experience with Ron getting some work done on my car at Chipmaster in Markham.

Driver side had some deep scratches from someone riding their bicylce against the car, bunch of door dings and scratches. Ron was able to get rid of the door dings and some of the scratches but not the deep ones so he gave me a $30 off discount and said the next thing would be to paint it.

Great professional guy.

Thanks for putting together this Group Buy.

Mo.
Jan 31, 2008
60 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
3ajs wrote:
Mar 24th, 2010 7:43 pm
Amazingly we have 119 interested members and some 20 of us have already completed our repairs. And the requests just keep pouring in. Everyone can be helped, on a first come first serve basis. I have been informed that Spring is the busy season for our vendors, so expect estimates to go up slightly if you are waiting around past mid-April.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

You can receive a free email estimate as part of this group buy and get group buy discounts:

1. post a reply in this thread to indicate that you are interested, and
2. send me a PM with
a) your email address and
b) whether you are closer to Mississauga or Markham

If it is easier for you to get an estimate in person, PM me for the vendors contact and visit the vendors directly. Simply mention the redflagdeals.com group buy and you will get the group buy discount. Remember to post an update here with your progress - we love hearing about your success!
I'm interested. PM sent. I am closer to Markham.
Jan 11, 2009
16 posts
Just got my RAV4 back from Ron at Chipmaster Markham and I'm very happy with the work and overall experience. The rear passenger door had some bad scratches and a dent. Now the door looks brand new. Awesome. Dropped the car off Thursday morning (I live in Markham and Ron was nice enough to drop me off back home) and I picked it up Friday afternoon. The car even smells better haha.

Thanks Ron.

Here are some pics:

Before:
[IMG]http://runjumpeat.files.wordpress.com/2 ... damage.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://runjumpeat.files.wordpress.com/2 ... d-dent.jpg[/IMG]

After:
[IMG]http://runjumpeat.files.wordpress.com/2 ... g_0152.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://runjumpeat.files.wordpress.com/2 ... g_0155.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
12171 posts
1890 upvotes
Markham
I am interested , pm send
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Nov 7, 2003
554 posts
68 upvotes
I'm intersted - have a dent on th drivers side front door... some fool in a parking lot hit me.
Mar 31, 2006
587 posts
21 upvotes
I just got my car back from Uni-Body Collision in Mississauga. For the price I paid I think they did a great job. The bumper looks flawless. Too bad I didn't take any pictures.

The only thing that bothers me is that the interior was left very messy. There are white marks on the passenger seat and glove compartment handle...
Dec 31, 2008
632 posts
38 upvotes
Scarborough
What are the hours at Chipmastermarkham?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)