534 posts
32 upvotes
PMed!

Looking to fix one side mirror.
Sep 11, 2006
857 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto
Just looked at my car hood and i have a bunch of paint chips on the hood and front roof. Not to mention the scratch on my rear bumper that mysteriously appeared while I was parked at the mall :mad: . PM'd OP.

BTW, is it only the markham location? How long does it usually take to do a paint chip repair?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
8187 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
Got a quote, but it was $150 higher than my other shop I usually go to. Have been to the other shop 5 times with 3 different cars, and all jobs were done nicely.

Maybe this thread's shop does it really really nicely? Hmm... what to do. I feel weird asking if he can go lower.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
2871 posts
202 upvotes
Going in to drop some things to get painted at chipmasters tomorrow. Maybe even splurge to get some dents/door dings taken out lol.
shall post back results :)
:arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :cheesygri :eek:
Jun 21, 2009
404 posts
27 upvotes
jhuynh wrote:
May 8th, 2012 6:41 pm
Just looked at my car hood and i have a bunch of paint chips on the hood and front roof. Not to mention the scratch on my rear bumper that mysteriously appeared while I was parked at the mall :mad: . PM'd OP.

BTW, is it only the markham location? How long does it usually take to do a paint chip repair?

Usually 2 days if you drop it off early in the morning. I got my bumper, door and door jam done in 2 days but I had minor body damage
Nov 9, 2011
1 posts
TORONTO
I got a deep scratch on the rear right side door of my 2010 Camry. Sending PM to OP.

Linda
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
2871 posts
202 upvotes
001Stunna wrote:
May 14th, 2012 6:38 pm
Going in to drop some things to get painted at chipmasters tomorrow. Maybe even splurge to get some dents/door dings taken out lol.
shall post back results :)

Dropped a few parts(front/side/rear polyu lips) to get painted at chipmasters on Tue 15th. The parts were in new condition and required some minimal sanding(to get the paint to stick), primer, flex agent(to make sure paint would not crack from flexing), paint and obviously clear coat. Parts were ready by friday 18th but I was unable to make it up to markham before Ron closed so ended up picking them up today(Tue 22nd).

Comments/Critiques:
Ron was a great person to deal with and was always available when i called him to let him know i was on my way and dealing with 401 traffic. When i had to drop the parts off he waited a bit extra for me even though he was staying past his closing time. I left the parts with him along with my gas door to allow him/his workers to match the paint as closely as they could due to 13 years of fade(1999 model car). I picked up the parts today and from a first observation everything looked quite good with no visible issues. We discussed the possibility of removing a few parking dings in the near future and chatted for awhile...which was rather quite welcoming as it didn't feel as if he was trying to rush me out of there. In addition Ron also mentioned that they back their work with a warranty if the paint was to develop any orange peel or any other issues...a good thing for reassurance.

The one/only negative thing i've noticed up to now was upon arriving home and cleaning the car; the gas door had a half cm chip in it...possibly from accidentally being dropped. In addition I assume the painters had the gas door within proximity when painting for reference and some paint particles made their way on it as it currently has somewhat of a rough texture to it as if recently painted but not clearcoated. In the end, the above are not a big ordeal and can possibly be fixed with a bit of claybar/polish/wax.

Cell-Picture showing only front lip
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/8526 ... 221856.jpg
:arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :cheesygri :eek:
Dec 8, 2007
161 posts
1 upvote
Scarborough
Interested in getting a front lip and eyelids repainted. Sent PM to OP :D
Oct 10, 2008
669 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
PM sent, my front end needs work.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
3801 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
Interested.

Do they paint brake calipers?
Proud supporter of Tour for Kids and Ride for Karen!

Come chat live with other RFD'ers on IRC! #redflagdeals on EFNet!

Peace!
Dec 1, 2002
838 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
I'm interested, pm sent on my car condition.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)