Group Buys

Group Buy: Dents and Scratch removal - GTA

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2018 4:10 pm
Aug 6, 2005
84 posts
3 upvotes
Also interested.

350z, deep scratch on the driverside rear fender about 2 inches long, minor scratches on hood and front bumper.

Sending PM now.
Sep 28, 2009
6 posts
For those who are interested in visiting the Mississauga vendor for an estimate, I thought I'd share my experience from the trip I made earlier today.

Service was excellent. The vendor was very honest and professional when assessing the work that needed to be done on my car ('05 TSX). He was patient and detailed in breaking down the costs & labour required for the repairs. Facility was clean and overall impressive.

The estimate I received (calculated at the group buy rate) was very reasonable compared to the quotes I had received from other shops in the city (but not cheap enough for you to worry that they'll be doing a crappy Maaco type job :P). The guy definitely knows his stuff.

I will be booking an appointment within the next 2 weeks for repairs & a headlight swap. Will post an update with my thoughts on the finished product. Maybe some before/after pics if I'm not too lazy :D
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2006
1467 posts
42 upvotes
Hey everyone,

I just got my car back from the Markham vendor (Chipmaster: www.chipmastermarkham.com), and I thought I'd share my thoughts and experience. Skip to the part after the bolded dash lines if you don't want to read my boring backstory :D

A few weeks ago, I was parking in my condo garage (albeit half-asleep), and scratched my car on a pillar. The damage was quite significant I think:

Image Image

I went ahead and got a few estimates from T+C BMW, and a few local autobody shops in Markham, and the quotes I was getting were between $450 - $850 (the higher end was from T+C BMW naturally), which was way out of my budget at the moment. I ended up deciding to hold off until I could gather up enough funds.

I stumbled on this group-buy thread about a week after, and sent the OP a PM. I emailed him the above pictures and he came back with quotes from both the Chipmaster Markham and the Mississauga vendor (I don't recall their name).

The estimate I got from Chipmaster was substantially lower (more than half) than all the other quotes I received, which honestly left me more than a little skeptical about their quality of work. The price was really attractive though, so I decided to do a little research.

I couldn't really find a lot of information on Chipmaster. The OP mentioned that they just opened up recently, and that they were franchised from a company based out of Alberta (www.chipmastercanada.com). After browsing the site, I realized the reason the quote was so affordable was because my previous quotes were on the basis that my entire bumper had to be removed, sanded, primed and painted in order to ensure that the paint matched the entire panel, whereas Chipmaster used their own special blending technology to match the paint without having to paint the entire bumper.

Being so new, I was a bit hesitant about getting my car fixed there, but at the price they were quoting me, I figured I didn't have much to lose. I emailed the owner, Ron, and agreed to take it in for repair on Thursday.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me tell you, my experience with Ron and Chipmaster couldn't have been better! Ron has to be one of the most courteous people in the business. He was really on the ball with his responses to my emails and calls, and was extremely accommodating. We arranged an appointment for Thursday, but I found out shortly after that I couldn't drop off my car because I didn't have a ride back. He not only offered me a courtesy ride home, but also a courtesy pick-up as well!

I dropped it off Thursday morning, and received my car back at noon on Friday. Talk about great turnaround time! When I got the chance to look at the repair, I was astonished to see what a great job Ron and Felix (his crewmember) did. The colour matching was perfect and it looked and felt like nothing ever happened in the first place! I am extremely pleased with their work. It came out better than I could have imagined.

My car not only came back great-looking, but it was also completely cleaned on the outside AND inside!

Here are some 'after' pics:

Image Image Image Image

Passenger side for comparison:

I know they're new and that they're looking for exposure, so I just wanted to help them out by letting everyone know how pleased I am.

Ron and crew truly have a great thing going over there. Their rates are awesome, but more importantly, their workmanship and customer service is second to none. I highly recommend you guys check them out.

Thanks again Ron and Felix, and Alvin for setting all this up! :cheesygri
[OP]
Apr 6, 2008
375 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
Denovo wrote:
Feb 12th, 2010 2:06 am

Service was excellent. The vendor was very honest and professional when assessing the work that needed to be done on my car ('05 TSX). He was patient and detailed in breaking down the costs & labour required for the repairs. Facility was clean and overall impressive.
Thanks so much Denovo for sharing such a glowing review of our group vendor in Mississauga!
thecharlie wrote:
Feb 12th, 2010 2:24 pm

Ron and crew truly have a great thing going over there. Their rates are awesome, but more importantly, their workmanship and customer service is second to none. I highly recommend you guys check them out.

And thanks so much thecharlie for your fantastic review of our group buy vendor in Markham!

From the estimates that I have seen, both vendors have been producing very similar (and extremely reasonable) estimates to do top quality work. Both vendors use the latest in painting and paint-matching technology, and both offer a lifetime guarantee on the work that they do. The major difference I see between them is that they are a 45 minute drive apart (or 1 hour 30 minutes for two ways). For that reason, I have been sending estimate requests to the closer location that RFD members specify. This will also help avoid overwhelming both our top notch group buy vendors from doing extra estimates.

Let's see how many RFD members we can help to get their cars looking brand new again!

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

You can receive a free email estimate as part of this group buy and get group buy discounts:

1. post a reply in this thread to indicate that you are interested, and
2. send me a PM with
a) your email address and
b) whether you are closer to Mississauga or Markham
Jun 18, 2008
854 posts
53 upvotes
Interested! Just sent you a PM!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5129 posts
1953 upvotes
Denovo wrote:
Feb 12th, 2010 2:06 am
For those who are interested in visiting the Mississauga vendor for an estimate, I thought I'd share my experience from the trip I made earlier today.

The estimate I received (calculated at the group buy rate) was very reasonable compared to the quotes I had received from other shops in the city (but not cheap enough for you to worry that they'll be doing a crappy Maaco type job :P). The guy definitely knows his stuff.

I will be booking an appointment within the next 2 weeks for repairs & a headlight swap. Will post an update with my thoughts on the finished product. Maybe some before/after pics if I'm not too lazy :D
I would second the above comments. I dropped by earlier in the week for an estimate. Rich knows his stuff and is honest. He offered me a tour of the facilities but I didn't have the time. I will be dropping off my car tomorrow to get the repairs done. Thanks Alvin for setting this up!
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1165 posts
3 upvotes
mississauga, ontario
hope this is still open.... i was in the middle lane on spadina going home and it was a red light. A hyundai tuscon was trying to move into the left turn lane, i couldnt move forward and he kept coming and scratched my rear panel. I stepped out of the vehicle to check the damage and the guy took off.... I will post pictures tommorrow...
Sep 30, 2001
26737 posts
5735 upvotes
Toronto
timely thread. i just noticed a dime sized dent on my door (the tip of a door frame hitting my door?) and some paint which looks scuffed (maybe 2"x2" in area). how much roughly would it cost to fix this and how long does it take?
Don't talk about it, be about it
Nov 10, 2003
3 posts
I want to join the group discount too. Let me see how much to fix.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)