• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2010 12:08 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 13, 2007
3 posts

Group deal scam?

I recently bought $20 group deal for $40 worth of food at tandoori house restaurant in toronto, subsequently my credit card bill was charged for $20 on 16th nov, after that i got an email saying congratulations the deal successfully ended, credit card was charged, and you can find the voucher code by following this link, on clicking it takes me to my. Login page for deal of the day , i go to my Purchases it still (26th Nov) shows that i dont have any group purchases, i emailed to support 3 times explaining my situations also forwarded my mails including confirmation code , got a standard answer saying that my voucher has been forwarded to my mail, now they have stopped replying, is it that i am missing something here or i have just been scammed, if its the later i will do my bit to post it where ever i can to make ppl aware
7 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
1097 posts
101 upvotes
Stouffville
sbose04 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2010 6:52 pm
I recently bought $20 group deal for $40 worth of food at tandoori house restaurant in toronto, subsequently my credit card bill was charged for $20 on 16th nov, after that i got an email saying congratulations the deal successfully ended, credit card was charged, and you can find the voucher code by following this link, on clicking it takes me to my. Login page for deal of the day , i go to my Purchases it still (26th Nov) shows that i dont have any group purchases, i emailed to support 3 times explaining my situations also forwarded my mails including confirmation code , got a standard answer saying that my voucher has been forwarded to my mail, now they have stopped replying, is it that i am missing something here or i have just been scammed, if its the later i will do my bit to post it where ever i can to make ppl aware

I have yet to have any problems with any group buys ATM...who did you use?
[OP]
Mar 13, 2007
3 posts
HungJai wrote:
Nov 26th, 2010 7:07 pm
I have yet to have any problems with any group buys ATM...who did you use?

I used the Deal of the day by RFD, I assumed it would be a reputed one.
Nov 23, 2010
9 posts
1 upvote
Bradford
sbose04 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2010 7:13 pm
I used the Deal of the day by RFD, I assumed it would be a reputed one.

I think we need to assume that all of the group buying companies are governed by people who sometimes make mistakes. My friend purchases from them all the time and has never had a problem. Hopefully it was a one time thing.
[OP]
Mar 13, 2007
3 posts
Got resolved 1 hour after posting they mailed me a pdf file of the voucher saying that there was a bug in their system, for now i trust them with their answer but could have been resolved much earlier
Sep 7, 2010
3 posts
Toronto
sbose04 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2010 6:52 pm

Your voucher has been sent to you; looks like we have a bug, our support team will look into it and solve it. Again, we apologize about the inconvenience.
Jan 8, 2009
407 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
sbose04 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2010 8:04 pm
Got resolved 1 hour after posting they mailed me a pdf file of the voucher saying that there was a bug in their system, for now i trust them with their answer but could have been resolved much earlier

I agree.
I requested a credit for a voucher I purchased that expires next month. Didn't realize it at the time.. my fault.
It took them 2+ weeks to get back to me. Now I'm in to my 4th week after they said they would refund me but haven't heard anything yet.
Deal of the day customer service lacks a bit..
PSN : missnoire
Best freebie offer: $100 Cash.
Jan 14, 2006
933 posts
173 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I had a situation with TeamBuy.ca, bought a couple of Nando's Chicken vouchers that they were supposed to mailed to me. They mailed me........ an empty envelop!!! I called right away and told them I got an empty envelop, and they said they apoplogize for the mistake and would mail the vouchers again... two week laters, nothing. Called them again, said the same thing... two weeks later... nothing. Called them the third time, they said they would refund my money plus give me a $5 credit... the $5 credit appeared on my account right away and refund on my credit card appeared about 3-4 days later.

So it was a bit of pain keep calling them but at least it was resolved, but I have no idea why they keep forgetting to mail me the vouchers.
× < >