Group Buys

Group M44 Launched - C$76 million Lotto Max jackpot for February 23 draw

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2018 10:07 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3940 posts
254 upvotes
The $19.5 million Lotto 649 jackpot for the January 24 draw was not won and is an estimated $23 million for the next draw. Sales of $17.2 million were 3% higher than average and 2% higher than the previous draw. There was a 66% chance the jackpot would not be won, a 27% chance of 1 winning ticket and a 7% chance of 2 or more winners. The payout was above average at 66%. The jackpot was fully funded from sales. The jackpot was a record low for 5 rolls.
The biggest no-fee lottery groups in the world
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3940 posts
254 upvotes
The $24 million Lotto Max jackpot for the January 26 draw was not won and is an estimated $33 million for the next draw. Sales of $29.7 million were 23% lower than average and 6% higher than the previous draw. There was a 81% chance the jackpot would not be won, a 17% chance of 1 winning ticket and a 2% chance of 2 or more winners. The payout was very low at 36%. The jackpot was fully funded from sales.
The biggest no-fee lottery groups in the world
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3940 posts
254 upvotes
The $23.3 million Lotto 649 jackpot for the January 27 draw was won - one winning ticket sold in Ontario. Sales of $19.2 million were 14% higher than average and 11% higher than the previous draw. There was a 63% chance the jackpot would not be won, a 29% chance of 1 winning ticket and a 8% chance of 2 or more winners. The payout was above average at 72%. The jackpot was fully funded from sales. The jackpot was a record low for 6 rolls.
The biggest no-fee lottery groups in the world
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
Jr. Member
May 30, 2009
162 posts
11 upvotes
Montreal
I know I complained on Jan 10th and you explained it. I'm sure most people are ok with 3 groups and spending 60 bucks for one draw, but after reading your email and planned 6 groups for uk lottery, thats really pushing it. Thats 120 dollars per person for one draw. yeah yeah, I understand that you don't have to join all the groups, but put yourself in our shoes. If you've been playing in this lottery pool for years, you don't want to miss a group and if you pick and choice what groups to join and the group that you didn't join won, how would you feel. Don't you feel 6 is too much, 3 is fine.


Mario38 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:35 am
The reason for launching multiple groups for a single draw is to take advantage of the exceptional opportunity. It is rare for a lottery draw to have an expected value (payout) of over 100%. A member is not obligated to join all the groups.

Yes, I can understand a member may feel compelled to join all of the groups. They of course will feel disappointed if they join only one group and one for the other groups wins. Proper lottery play requires not only good money management and budgeting but also a good psychological strategy. Every week, there are hundreds of draws to choose from but no one can afford to play them all. And for any given draw, there are hundreds of groups participating and a player cannot afford to join them all.

It ultimately comes down to two occurrences. First picking the right draw to play and second, getting lucky.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 16, 2009
982 posts
248 upvotes
Vancouver
qqq17 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 12:44 pm
I know I complained on Jan 10th and you explained it. I'm sure most people are ok with 3 groups and spending 60 bucks for one draw, but after reading your email and planned 6 groups for uk lottery, thats really pushing it. Thats 120 dollars per person for one draw. yeah yeah, I understand that you don't have to join all the groups, but put yourself in our shoes. If you've been playing in this lottery pool for years, you don't want to miss a group and if you pick and choice what groups to join and the group that you didn't join won, how would you feel. Don't you feel 6 is too much, 3 is fine.
Especially when the only reason for the 6 groups is to achieve the avg 3 group per month goal...it's not like this jackpot is any better or worse than previous...

I suppose from the other view you could say if we only launch 3 groups and lose, what if we had launched 6, would we have won?

Sure, everything is speculative, but the reason I joined a lottery group was so I could have increased chances of winning the lotto (even if it's a smaller win, because realistically no one needs 60 mil+)...6 groups for one draw seems a little much though especially since I don't think you've done this previously...maybe I'm wrong.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3940 posts
254 upvotes
The main reason for multiple groups is to take advantage of the great opportunity presented by UK Lotto "must win jackpots".

Starting this year, the minimum jackpot level to launch a Lotto 649 or Lotto Max group has been increased. As such, a group was not launched for the $23 million Lotto 649 draw on January 27. Between now and the end of February, only one group may be launched.

I suggest putting aside $15 per week in a lottery fund. This way, whenever multiple groups are launched, you will have enough money to join regardless of the number of groups.

And finally, I am starting to give up on Canadian lottery games - mainly because of how they are managed. A number of blogs will be published this year exposing some of the shortcomings of Canadian lotteries.

I am curious to know what others think. I know the $100 hospital draws are very popular on this site to win merchandise prizes with inflated values.
The biggest no-fee lottery groups in the world
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
Jr. Member
May 30, 2009
162 posts
11 upvotes
Montreal
I'm guessing your still in Calgary. Who buys the tickets for the out of country lotteries? Are they friends? I see that all the copy of tickets have no signatures or lottery group name.

So basically, you have a copy of the ticket but technically couldn't anybody that holds a winning ticket claim as their own? They are across the country and wouldn't it be more difficult to prove its a group ticket and fight it?
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3940 posts
254 upvotes
qqq17 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 1:42 am
I'm guessing your still in Calgary. Who buys the tickets for the out of country lotteries? Are they friends? I see that all the copy of tickets have no signatures or lottery group name.

So basically, you have a copy of the ticket but technically couldn't anybody that holds a winning ticket claim as their own? They are across the country and wouldn't it be more difficult to prove its a group ticket and fight it?
Tickets for non-Canadian lotteries are bought by friends who are also members of the respective groups.

I check all tickets very soon after the draw is held. If there is a large win, I will call the prize office and inform them of the group win. It would be very difficult for a ticket buyer to succeed at claiming the winning ticket as their own.
The biggest no-fee lottery groups in the world
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3940 posts
254 upvotes
The $5 million Lotto 649 jackpot for the January 31 draw was not won and is a minimum $7 million for the next draw. Sales of $13.6 million were 19% lower than average and 29% lower than the previous draw. There was a 72% chance the jackpot would not be won, a 23% chance of 1 winning ticket and a 5% chance of 2 or more winners. The payout was very low at 40%. The jackpot was under funded from sales by $2.3 million.
The biggest no-fee lottery groups in the world
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3940 posts
254 upvotes
Group E1 launched to buy tickets for the Euro Millions draw on February 6. The jackpot is an estimated C$178 million. Cost to join is $20 per share.
The biggest no-fee lottery groups in the world
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3940 posts
254 upvotes
The $33.3 million Lotto Max jackpot for the February 2 draw was not won and is a bonus $50 million plus a minimum of 2 Maxmillions for the next draw. Sales of $33.6 million were 13% lower than average and 13% higher than the previous draw. There was a 79% chance the jackpot would not be won, a 19% chance of 1 winning ticket and a 2% chance of 2 or more winners. The payout was very low at 42%. The jackpot was fully funded from sales.
The biggest no-fee lottery groups in the world
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3940 posts
254 upvotes
The $7 million Lotto 649 jackpot for the February 3 draw was not won and is a minimum $9 million for the next draw. Sales of $15 million were 10% lower than average and 11% higher than the previous draw. There was a 70% chance the jackpot would not be won, a 25% chance of 1 winning ticket and a 5% chance of 2 or more winners. The payout was very low at 43%. The jackpot was under funded from sales by $1.1 million.
The biggest no-fee lottery groups in the world
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3940 posts
254 upvotes
Group E1 bought 25 tickets for the Euro Millions draw on February 6. Each share can win C$2.4 million.

There is still time to join Group E1 at $20 per share. The Euro Millions draw is Tuesday afternoon.
The biggest no-fee lottery groups in the world
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3940 posts
254 upvotes
The Euro Millions jackpot reached C$181 million for the February 6 draw and was not won. The jackpot is an estimated C$196 million for the Friday, February 9 draw.

Group E1 plans to buy 30 tickets for the draw. Each share can win C$2.5 million.
The biggest no-fee lottery groups in the world
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3940 posts
254 upvotes
The $9 million Lotto 649 jackpot for the February 7 draw was won - one winning ticket sold in Ontario. Sales of $13.9 million were 17% lower than average and 7% lower than the previous draw. There was a 72% chance the jackpot would not be won, a 24% chance of 1 winning ticket and a 4% chance of 2 or more winners. The payout was about average at 48%. The jackpot was under funded from sales by $0.4 million.
The biggest no-fee lottery groups in the world
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

UrbanPoet