• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2018 10:54 pm
[OP]
Sep 6, 2006
399 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto

[Groupon Canada] Free Three Months of HiFi Music Streaming from TIDAL

After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your voucher to complete redemption.

The Fine Print

Promotional value expires 30 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Valid for new subscribers only. Limit 1 per person. Claim codes cannot be resold, transferred for value or redeemed for cash. This promotion may not be combined with other offers. Limit one per customer and account. To redeem, must register credit card with merchant. After the 3-month promotional period, plans will automatically renew to $19.99 a month, unless canceled with merchant. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
27 replies
Apr 4, 2017
398 posts
147 upvotes
Thank you. My previous 3-month membership is expiring in a week.
Dec 29, 2013
405 posts
167 upvotes
Montr
I read the fine prints but ... is it possible to “buy” now and only activate it in 2 months ?
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2337 posts
425 upvotes
Desperadude wrote:
Mar 8th, 2018 7:55 pm
I read the fine prints but ... is it possible to “buy” now and only activate it in 2 months ?
I got it and my voucher expires in one more month so I would say no.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1463 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
Never used Tidal before. Can anyone speak to the selection and quality over spotify?
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18286 posts
4794 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Wtf, no Chromecast?

Oh for some dumb reason they use a nonstandard icon for it, unlike every other app on the planet.
Last edited by BinaryJay on Mar 8th, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 18, 2013
251 posts
117 upvotes
AB
hm i redeeded the code, but now i can't log in after giving in my cc info, tells me i need a username even though i never made one, and it's not my email
Feb 21, 2015
36 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
gqbluez wrote:
Mar 8th, 2018 9:35 pm
Never used Tidal before. Can anyone speak to the selection and quality over spotify?
This is the Hi-Fi subscription, which makes the audio quality much better than Spotify (the regular subscription is only slightly better). I copied my playlist of 60ish songs over from Spotify to Tidal and was missing 2 songs; selection seems to be pretty decent to me.

The biggest downside in migrating to Tidal from Spotify IMO is the loss of curated playlists for you (i.e. Spotify's Discover Weekly). Other than that, I've been pretty happy.
May 30, 2017
92 posts
15 upvotes
Isn't there a 6 month free trial around here?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
1919 posts
880 upvotes
Montreal
syncourt wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 12:10 am
I copied my playlist of 60ish songs over from Spotify to Tidal and was missing 2 songs; selection seems to be pretty decent to me.
There is a fonction to import your playlist from Spotify?
May 13, 2011
712 posts
277 upvotes
Ajax
gqbluez wrote:
Mar 8th, 2018 9:35 pm
Much better than spotify. They stream live concerts and events.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2005
1328 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
arcty5 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 12:49 am
Isn't there a 6 month free trial around here?
6 months free is for standard streaming. This 3 months free is for Hifi streaming which is higher (lossless) quality.

Also the 6 months free that was available (still might be) could have been switched to Hifi but it would be 3 months free.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2337 posts
425 upvotes
covabwoy wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 9:49 am
Much better than spotify. They stream live concerts and events.
It depends how you use your streaming app. Both have pros and cons. The two major areas I'd say Tidal definitely has an advantage is the sound quality on their hifi subscription and exclusive access to certain artists' material (e.g. Kanye West, Jay-Z) which might not matter to you at all depending on your tastes.

I would say that Spotify definitely has the advantage both in terms of playlists generally, and the curated playlist features. I'd say that leaving aside the exclusive artists I mentioned before, Spotify typically has a better library.