• May 7th, 2018 10:54 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2005
1327 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
xblackdemonx wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 9:46 am
There is a fonction to import your playlist from Spotify?
You can move your playlists from Spotify to Tidal using soundiiz.com. You will have to do it one playlist at a time, which is free.
May 13, 2011
689 posts
262 upvotes
Ajax
dbdudley wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 9:53 am
It depends how you use your streaming app. Both have pros and cons. The two major areas I'd say Tidal definitely has an advantage is the sound quality on their hifi subscription and exclusive access to certain artists' material (e.g. Kanye West, Jay-Z) which might not matter to you at all depending on your tastes.

I would say that Spotify definitely has the advantage both in terms of playlists generally, and the curated playlist features. I'd say that leaving aside the exclusive artists I mentioned before, Spotify typically has a better library.
Agreed. If you’re into hip-hop/R n’ B tidal has much exclusive content. Tidal also has exclusive curated playlists and as some have mentioned playlists can be brought over; however it does take some time. The GUI on Tidal is more user friendly and of course, the sound quality of their hifi plan is a plus. However, if you’re not an audiophile nor do you listen to hip-hop & r n’ b than spotify may be the better option.
Apr 27, 2017
14 posts
i was looking at getting the trial in order to get the pre-sale password for the upcoming jay-z/beyonce tour. how does one obtain a presale password after they're registered with tidal?
Sep 18, 2017
34 posts
4 upvotes
I love the high bitrate music they have but their desktop app is not fun to use.
Dec 6, 2013
256 posts
210 upvotes
Montreal
Does this work for anyone anymore? Trying to redeem another three months but looks like Groupon may have expired
2018 cops
  1. Beats Solo3 - $125
  2. LG Ultrawide 29" - $200
  3. Xbox One X - $440
  4. BR Slim Rapid Movement Denim Selvedge Jean - $20
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1707 posts
231 upvotes
syncourt wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 12:10 am
This is the Hi-Fi subscription, which makes the audio quality much better than Spotify (the regular subscription is only slightly better). I copied my playlist of 60ish songs over from Spotify to Tidal and was missing 2 songs; selection seems to be pretty decent to me.

The biggest downside in migrating to Tidal from Spotify IMO is the loss of curated playlists for you (i.e. Spotify's Discover Weekly). Other than that, I've been pretty happy.
Unfortunately, at least for me, the loss of curated playlist is a massive drawback. If you don't have tastes that align with the owners of Tidal, you have to know exactly what you want. I can't even find a way to listen to say billboard top 100. I may be getting old as I find their app on desktop overwhelming.

But it's a free trial and it's certainly worth trying out. It works great with my Yamaha receiver (which has built in support). No technical issues on there, desktop, iphone or Android.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2714 posts
124 upvotes
I was on their HiFi trial and after the 3 months, I really enjoyed the service, so I extended it with my credit card.
Everything was going good, until today.
All of a sudden, all the apps(iPhone, laptop) asked me to log in again.
I did that, and all my playlist is gone. The only thing left was the downloaded albums.

This pissed me off, as it took a long time to create the playlists.
Are there any way to retrieve these ‘lost’ playlist?
Apr 1, 2017
258 posts
349 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Says deal is not yet available for me :(
Apr 23, 2016
112 posts
82 upvotes
gqbluez wrote:
Mar 8th, 2018 9:35 pm
Never used Tidal before. Can anyone speak to the selection and quality over spotify?
Sound quality is great but the selection is probably the worst among any of the major streaming services. Although that might boil down to your taste in music. I've also found the song and artist suggestions to be very poor. Google play is on another level in terms of artist suggestions. I discovered so much great music through Google play and Spotify to a lesser extent but I've had no such luck with tidal.

I also dislike how you have to go into settings and "go offline" everytime you want to disable any data streaming. Then you have to do the opposite when you're back on WiFi and want to stream again. Google play and Spotify both had a setting where you could just simply disable data streaming.
Oct 17, 2009
145 posts
175 upvotes
Fair warning, Tidal absolutely DESTROYS the battery life of my Pixel XL. Literally draining my battery life in a little over three hours.