701 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Golden Griddle - $20 Voucher for $12

What You'll Get

The Deal
C$12 for C$20 worth of homestyle food

The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per visit. Limit 1 per table. Not valid with other specials, coupons, or promotions. Valid every day including weekend buffet. Not valid towards alcohol. Not valid on Mother's Day or Father's Day. May be repurchased every 30 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
10 replies
Oct 6, 2017
6 posts
2 upvotes
Wow, golden griddle! They used to be all over the place - but nowadays, I haven't seen one in months.
[OP]
Apr 16, 2004
701 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Amiga500 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 3:12 pm
Wow, golden griddle! They used to be all over the place - but nowadays, I haven't seen one in months.
I think they're down to two Toronto locations (Larid Dr. in Leaside and Carlton St. across from MLG).
Even their domain name has lapsed.
But hey, discounted food is food Winking Face
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2277 posts
536 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
What is golden griddle? They serve pan cakes only?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2277 posts
536 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Amiga500 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 3:25 pm
One of the original "breakfast chains"
No wonder they are going under.
People get up so late nowadays that they don't eat breakfast anymore.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
[OP]
Apr 16, 2004
701 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto, ON
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 3:20 pm
What is golden griddle? They serve pan cakes only?
Original pancake house, waffles, omelettes, stuff like that. Haven't been there in (cough cough) years. Check out Yelp.ca for better review and menu ideas.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
18987 posts
119389 upvotes
GTA
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 3:46 pm
No wonder they are going under.
People get up so late nowadays that they don't eat breakfast anymore.
I don't know about getting up late, but I just think people are so pressed for time that they are not likely to go to a sit-down breakfast place at all, let alone Golden Griddle specifically. Apart from the fast food chains (which are now offering all-day breakfast), the only other breakfast chains that immediately come to mind are Eggsmart and Cora's. I see ads/pass by locations for those two regularly, whereas I can't remember the last time I have seen an ad for Golden Griddle. I think they also have to adapt to today's market and modernize their old school image, but it seems like they have opted to just get out of the market altogether.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2277 posts
536 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
toguy wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 4:18 pm
I don't know about getting up late, but I just think people are so pressed for time that they are not likely to go to a sit-down breakfast place at all, let alone Golden Griddle specifically. Apart from the fast food chains (which are now offering all-day breakfast), the only other breakfast chains that immediately come to mind are Eggsmart and Cora's. I see ads/pass by locations for those two regularly, whereas I can't remember the last time I have seen an ad for Golden Griddle. I think they also have to adapt to today's market and modernize their old school image, but it seems like they have opted to just get out of the market altogether.
I see. For me, I think I will still like to go there once in a blue moon.
McDonald is the first that comes into my mine for breakfast because they are fast and have coupons all the time.
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14976 posts
3964 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I haven't stepped foot inside a golden griddle since about 1991.

damn what a trip down memory lane
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2005
2788 posts
200 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 11:04 am
I haven't stepped foot inside a golden griddle since about 1991.

damn what a trip down memory lane
Yeah. I used to go to the original one at Eglinton & Redpath.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)