Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 3 - US Only

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2017 2:50 pm
[OP]
Mar 11, 2007
749 posts
35 upvotes

Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 3 - US Only

I just picked this one up from the states for 139.99 USD. Found this on Groupon this morning:

Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 3 - 188 cad

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-wirele ... -speaker-5

Sorry does not ship to Canada apparently:

The Fine Print
Free returns
Does not ship to PO boxes/AK/HI/Canada/Puerto Rico.
Most orders are delivered within 12 business days from the purchase date. Shipping questions?
1 year warranty from Harman Kardon.
7 replies
Jul 30, 2008
101 posts
49 upvotes
This was $199 at Best Buy last boxing day and black friday two years ago. I picked one up then for the wifey. It's not bad - does what it's supposed to. Syncs with my iPad and iPhone quickly, and the sound is decent. But it's mono sound, so ... it will never be great. At this price point there should be plenty of other options.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
3047 posts
14840 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
It was for $199 around Dec - Jan at Bestbuy.

Lots were in stock and no one was buying it. I think the regular price on BB was $500
Tim Hortons Tip: Buy 3 mini strudels in separate transaction ($0.42 each) and then Redeem Free Coffee(Any Sizes) (Dec 31) 😃

SELLING

GROUP BUY
Xqisit portable banks + usb (Cheap)
[OP]
Mar 11, 2007
749 posts
35 upvotes
Yes I remember that but I'm sure that was the onyx 2.
Jul 23, 2011
975 posts
364 upvotes
Nepean
I remember when I worked at Bestbuy last year, this thing on staff is like 120$
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1375 posts
438 upvotes
I bought the Onyx 2 from Newegg.com (USA) for $80USD in Dec 2016. I had it shipped to the border. The sound is pretty good for a wireless speaker but I wouldn't pay more than $120CAD.

As an alternative, you can buy the Harman Kardon Aura Studio for $200CAD from Costco with Costco's great return policy and ease of pickup. Even at $200CAD, my local Costco is having a difficult time selling these speakers. I can see it dropping in price to $150CAD pretty soon.
I'll Keep It Short and Sweet. Family, Religion, Friendship ... These Are the Three Demons You Must Slay if You Wish to Succeed in Business
[OP]
Mar 11, 2007
749 posts
35 upvotes
I liked the aura but I returned it as I would not be able to live with the dirt getting in with limited options of cleaning it.