Tags:
None
Aug 16, 2009
988 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
dankup wrote:
Sep 8th, 2015 12:43 pm
Do you mind providing a link or saying which Canadian Tire has this deal? I haven't seen any advertisements
It's not heavily promoted. I saw it posted in one of those glass bulletin boards in the store. Perhaps call your local shop to see if they have this promo running? It could be store specific.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9811 posts
2955 upvotes
Ottawa
I drove by a Meineke garage (didn't even know they exist in Ottawa!) earlier today and the sign outside says *Oil change for $24.95*, so even cheaper than in Toronto.

I was really tempted to come in and ask what kind of oil & filter they use but I was in a hurry...till next time or if you guys know, please do tell :)
[removed]
Jul 24, 2015
233 posts
35 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
koalorka wrote:
Sep 6th, 2015 12:37 am
You don't do your own oil changes?

Are you sure you're legally defined as a male?
Not everyone has free time on their hands and I guess not everyone has the money either to pay others to do oil changes ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2827 posts
702 upvotes
North York
michiebaby wrote:
Sep 8th, 2015 3:26 pm
It's not heavily promoted. I saw it posted in one of those glass bulletin boards in the store. Perhaps call your local shop to see if they have this promo running? It could be store specific.
Canadian Tire oil changes for me have always been a nightmare. Last time I went (I had a gift card so I caved) they broke my drain plug and made me pay for the new one, which took them 3 hours to get from a dealership that was a 5 minute drive away. Swore I'd never go back. Not the first bad CT experience I've had
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9811 posts
2955 upvotes
Ottawa
Cjohnson202 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2015 7:16 pm
Canadian Tire oil changes for me have always been a nightmare. Last time I went (I had a gift card so I caved) they broke my drain plug and made me pay for the new one, which took them 3 hours to get from a dealership that was a 5 minute drive away. Swore I'd never go back. Not the first bad CT experience I've had
How did they *break a drain plug*? I am far from a handyman, as a matter of fact, my wife thinks I am very clumsy :) but all I need to do is to get under the car and use a wrench to loosen the drain plug.

and they had the gall to ask you to pay for a new drain plug from the dealer? If that is not highway robbery, I don't know what is.
[removed]
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2827 posts
702 upvotes
North York
They blamed mr lube for putting it on too tight during my last oil change. Said they had to break it to get it off. Would have been nice to ask before they did
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
4493 posts
1283 upvotes
Canuckland
canabiz wrote:
Sep 8th, 2015 9:02 pm
How did they *break a drain plug*? I am far from a handyman, as a matter of fact, my wife thinks I am very clumsy :) but all I need to do is to get under the car and use a wrench to loosen the drain plug.

and they had the gall to ask you to pay for a new drain plug from the dealer? If that is not highway robbery, I don't know what is.
They used an airgun similar to the ones used to tighten tire bolts, never trust crappy tire, X lube or stealerships for OCI.
Dec 9, 2008
419 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
You can get bulk oil & filter change in Durham @ small mechanic shops for $25-$30 cash. Bring your own oil if you are picky.