Jan 31, 2011
571 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto Only Warm - Church's Chicken $10 voucher for $5

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Groupon
It's been a long time since I had Church's Chicken but seems like they make a come back.

The groupon site offers 3 choices of voucher, but I found the $10 voucher for $5 to be better value and offers more flexibility.

There are 3 Church's Chicken locations in Toronto, but I can only found the groupon page for Scarborough and Brampton locations. Not sure if the St. Claire Ave W. location will accept the voucher though.

Scarborough Location
Bramption Location

Voucher price was showing $6 but now back to $5
The voucher stated only 1 voucher can be used at a time, but I asked the cashier who was ok to let me use 2 vouchers in the same transaction.
Last edited by thunderbolt on Feb 24th, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
18 replies
Jul 26, 2015
932 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto
Add SAVE20 code for 20% off :D
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
14622 posts
1631 upvotes
Toronto
Shows $5 for $10 currently
"Deal of the Day" addict
[OP]
Jan 31, 2011
571 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
DaVibe wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 3:21 am
Shows $5 for $10 currently
That's good to know. I'll update my thread.
[OP]
Jan 31, 2011
571 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
meepsheep wrote:
Feb 24th, 2018 10:09 pm
Add SAVE20 code for 20% off :D
That was valid til last night so I didn't mention. Today I checked the code is no longer valid.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8689 posts
1923 upvotes
Trump University
is this all u can buy?

Choice of:

Meal Package: Two Sandwiches, Sides, and Drinks
Meal Package: Six Tenders with Two Sides, Biscuits, and Drinks
$10 Value
RFD Meanie 😎
Jul 9, 2007
516 posts
29 upvotes
Oakville
Is this churches chicken the same that was around in the 80s?
I don't remember them having a Cajun background
Last edited by nelsonmp5 on Feb 25th, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8689 posts
1923 upvotes
Trump University
Churches and Popeyes are kinda identical, I think it's the same company, but with only a different name I think

But it would suck if you can only buy those sandwiches or the tenders. What if u wanna buy real chicken with the coupon?
RFD Meanie 😎
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1342 posts
384 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Corleone187 wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 2:19 pm
Churches and Popeyes are kinda identical, I think it's the same company, but with only a different name I think

But it would suck if you can only buy those sandwiches or the tenders. What if u wanna buy real chicken with the coupon?
They are owned by different companies. Tim Horton's, Burger King and Popeyes are owned by the same company.

As for quality, I think they are different. Popeyes come out on top for me.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8689 posts
1923 upvotes
Trump University
AsianXL wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 2:34 pm
They are owned by different companies. Tim Horton's, Burger King and Popeyes are owned by the same company.

As for quality, I think they are different. Popeyes come out on top for me.
It seems like Churches and Popeyes were 1 even tho they were marketed separately, then they were sold off to different companies. No wonder, the chicken is identical batter and all!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church%27s_Chicken
RFD Meanie 😎
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1342 posts
384 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Corleone187 wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 2:39 pm
It seems like Churches and Popeyes were 1 even tho they were marketed separately, then they were sold off to different companies. No wonder, the chicken is identical batter and all!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church%27s_Chicken
Really? The chicken's batter is pretty different to me.

Popeyes batter is thicker and crunchier. Church's batter is lighter and crispier.
Meat-quality, they are similuar. They both use a brine solution.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8689 posts
1923 upvotes
Trump University
AsianXL wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 2:49 pm
Really? The chicken's batter is pretty different to me.

Popeyes batter is thicker and crunchier. Church's batter is lighter and crispier.
Meat-quality, they are similuar. They both use a brine solution.
Maybe different location? I've only been to 1 location twice a few years ago and I became suspicious that they were somehow related because they had the same 2 piece Tuesday combo, sauce packets and batter. Maybe they are different now I don't know. The batter is significantly different from other chains like KFC, Mary Browns etc so I knew I wasn't a coincidence
RFD Meanie 😎
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1342 posts
384 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Corleone187 wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 2:57 pm
Maybe different location? I've only been to 1 location twice a few years ago and I became suspicious that they were somehow related because they had the same 2 piece Tuesday combo, sauce packets and batter. Maybe they are different now I don't know. The batter is significantly different from other chains like KFC, Mary Browns etc so I knew I wasn't a coincidence
Well, I've only had Popeye's Chicken from the states. Their batter is thicker and crunchier than Church's in Canada. I've never had Popeye's in Canada as there aren't any locations here in Vancouver. Perhaps there are regional differences.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7503 posts
1938 upvotes
Toronto
currently back to $6/ $10 value, but SALE3 code for 20% off (doesn't appear to be targeted) + 6% cash back from ebates.com.

all told it comes to ~$4.50
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7503 posts
1938 upvotes
Toronto
Corleone187 wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 1:56 pm
is this all u can buy?

Choice of:

Meal Package: Two Sandwiches, Sides, and Drinks
Meal Package: Six Tenders with Two Sides, Biscuits, and Drinks
$10 Value
Corleone187 wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 2:19 pm

with the $10 value option you can order anything you want so yes, you can get "real" chicken
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.