• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2018 12:47 pm
Tags:
Apr 5, 2009
419 posts
66 upvotes
FYI, for those of us with no time to drive to the U.S. to get some Grub preventer, I found that Amazon U.S. will ship to Canada. It's double the price but it saves me a trip to Niagara Falls, NY. Scott's GrubEx. It should arrive mid June for me, so perfect timing to apply.

https://www.amazon.com/Scotts-GrubEx-00 ... rds=grubex
Apr 5, 2009
419 posts
66 upvotes
stansoltz wrote:
Jun 5th, 2017 10:38 am
FYI, for those of us with no time to drive to the U.S. to get some Grub preventer, I found that Amazon U.S. will ship to Canada. It's double the price but it saves me a trip to Niagara Falls, NY. Scott's GrubEx. It should arrive mid June for me, so perfect timing to apply.

https://www.amazon.com/Scotts-GrubEx-00 ... rds=grubex
#bonus my box and bag came slightly ripped. Lost a small %. Complained via amazon chat and free bag coming my way express! 2 seasons worth evens out USD $ price!
Jul 27, 2017
50 posts
38 upvotes
The worst part about grubs is that it attracts animals to dig up your lawn. I have had a grub problem and have either a raccoon or skunk rip up my lawn trying to eat the grubs.
[OP]
Apr 30, 2015
28 posts
9 upvotes
Midland, ON
Ok so end of season update... The Wollastonite worked perfectly I am very proud to report! I found it hard to apply with a cheap seed spreader, I think it is too heavy, so I borrowed a neighbours spreader and it worked ok.. I ended up literally scooping it out of the bag. No more grubs (I will report back in the spring
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”
― Henry Ford
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2006
9334 posts
3376 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
How did you verify that there were no more grubs? I've found that a small reduction in grubs will increase lawn health but the grubs will still be there and the raccoons and other assorted animals will find them sooner or later...
Sep 23, 2010
131 posts
96 upvotes
T Dot
DDHLeigh wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 9:42 pm
I'm trying out Pro-mix lawn insect defense grass seed this year. It came recommended so I guess it's worth a shot for $20 bucks.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.lawn ... 57924.html
kool1 wrote:
May 1st, 2017 8:56 am

Interesting!

I think I may check that out for the grass I am re-planting. Worth a shot! Thanks.
stansoltz wrote:
Jun 7th, 2017 9:53 pm

#bonus my box and bag came slightly ripped. Lost a small %. Complained via amazon chat and free bag coming my way express! 2 seasons worth evens out USD $ price!
dealhunter29 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 4:03 pm
The worst part about grubs is that it attracts animals to dig up your lawn. I have had a grub problem and have either a raccoon or skunk rip up my lawn trying to eat the grubs.
Lovemydeals365 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 4:32 pm
Ok so end of season update... The Wollastonite worked perfectly I am very proud to report! I found it hard to apply with a cheap seed spreader, I think it is too heavy, so I borrowed a neighbours spreader and it worked ok.. I ended up literally scooping it out of the bag. No more grubs (I will report back in the spring
Resurrecting thread to see if anyone found a solution that works? Both front and back lawns are pretty bad this spring and this morning I yelled at a skunk in the back but it just ignored me Smiling Face With Horns
[OP]
Apr 30, 2015
28 posts
9 upvotes
Midland, ON
Thanks for the resurrection aquaman123!

Interesting update, we applied Wollastonite to our entire lawn, except for this small area in the back of our property where we didn't think we had grubs, because no animals were digging there.
This year, the entire lawn looks terrific, no digging anywhere, except for the area where we didn't apply the Wollastonite! ARGHH! Kicking ourselves now because they are ruining that area.
I bought ours from Fairgreen Sod Farms in Markham, but I see they have a new location outside Orillia so I am heading there to get more. I think I am going to do the entire lawn again to be safe with extra attention spent on the untreated area.

We won't use any pesticides because we are on well water and live in the country. My neighbour also bought some and his lawn looks amazing too. Now if we can find something natural for those dandelions which are soon coming!
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”
― Henry Ford
Dec 16, 2006
525 posts
70 upvotes
North of GTA
Lovemydeals365 wrote:
May 7th, 2018 10:20 pm
Thanks for the resurrection aquaman123!

Interesting update, we applied Wollastonite to our entire lawn, except for this small area in the back of our property where we didn't think we had grubs, because no animals were digging there.
This year, the entire lawn looks terrific, no digging anywhere, except for the area where we didn't apply the Wollastonite! ARGHH! Kicking ourselves now because they are ruining that area.
I bought ours from Fairgreen Sod Farms in Markham, but I see they have a new location outside Orillia so I am heading there to get more. I think I am going to do the entire lawn again to be safe with extra attention spent on the untreated area.

We won't use any pesticides because we are on well water and live in the country. My neighbour also bought some and his lawn looks amazing too. Now if we can find something natural for those dandelions which are soon coming!
How much did you use on your lawn?
The only information I could find was a US article which mentioned 80 lbs per 1000 sq ft.
Jul 5, 2003
685 posts
68 upvotes
Mississauga
Is there someone that carries wollastonite in Mississauga/Oakville?